ADVERTISEMENT

Michigan Cheating, 1000 wins, interesting trivia

PSU2UNC

Feb 9, 2016
With Michigan getting to the 1000 win plateau, much has been made of some of their pre modern era opponents (e..g Ann Arbor High School) which count towards that win total. This isn't a huge deal as many schools had odd opponents (YMCA's, high schools, athletic clubs) in the early years. Side note: I would love it if the records could be normalized to only include actual colleges in the USA, but I digress.

However, here's an interesting story about how Michigan was cheating, even back then.

With Michigan getting to the 1000 win plateau, much has been made of some of their pre modern era opponents (e..g Ann Arbor High School) which count towards that win total. This isn't a huge deal as many schools had odd opponents (YMCA's, high schools, athletic clubs) in the early years. Side note: I would love it if the records could be normalized to only include actual colleges in the USA, but I digress.

However, here's an interesting story about how Michigan was cheating, even back then.

Michigan May have the honor of being the 1st and 2nd team to achieve 1,000 wins. They achieved the 1st 1,000 wins in football this year.
Should the outcome of the NCAA investigation of the cheating scandal result in vacating the 2023 wins that will reset their total under 1,000 wins. They could re achieve 1,000 wins in the 2025 season.
The unintended consequences of their cheating permits them to celebrate the 1,000 wins milestone twice. Surely a feat that will not be duplicated!

Reactions: Leo Ridens
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT