ADVERTISEMENT

Michigan Caved

Yes, they're a horrible team--look at their wins
I may be wrong though about them not winning 8 if that makes you feel better. 8 unimpressive wins but still 8 wins.
Not even close to being a “horrible team” just shows you have no clue all - but hey keep going down with the SS Stupid ship.

Reactions: PSU2UNC
Find those quotes
The Big Ten didn't do anything. All they did was ban Harbaugh from the sideline then agreed not to take further action while letting him coach all week and they can play in the conference title game. What the hell are you talking about pretending that is action. That is exactly what my point was the entire time. Nothing meaningful would happen. And it didn't.
The court never ruled--you keep trying to say Michigan lost in court. They didn't. They agreed to a deal. You comprehend that, right?
Michigan isn't dealing with anything--the NCAA hasn't acted.
The pattern to my behavior is too many people on this board are so "hopeful" that I'm wrong they create false memories of what is discussed then alter it to fit their narrative.
Keep trying little guy
The Big1 0 did the right thing in trying to have the current "culprits" penalized versus waiting years and then having a future class feel the pain. Michigan wanted Harbaugh to be on the sidelines throughout the remaining season...that is not happening. Other Big 10 members I'm sure see this to not only be a difficult situation..but recognize action WAS taken by the conference. There was some penalty ultimately attached. or that resulted from these charges. The NCAA as we know is currently pulling together their information..and my bet is the Big10 knows its pretty serious and will let them toll out the real future penalties. will be..its on them not the Big 10. But..as mentioned..I believe the Big 10 did its job...Michigan lost this battle . Their Coach will not be on the sidleines..and the investigation be looked into by the NCAA is hanging over them..while Harbaugh ponders where his future will take him next year...

Reactions: PSU2UNC
The Big1 0 did the right thing in trying to have the current "culprits" penalized versus waiting years and then having a future class feel the pain. Michigan wanted Harbaugh to be on the sidelines throughout the remaining season...that is not happening. Other Big 10 members I'm sure see this to not only be a difficult situation..but recognize action WAS taken by the conference. There was some penalty ultimately attached. or that resulted from these charges. The NCAA as we know is currently pulling together their information..and my bet is the Big10 knows its pretty serious and will let them toll out the real future penalties. will be..its on them not the Big 10. But..as mentioned..I believe the Big 10 did its job...Michigan lost this battle . Their Coach will not be on the sidleines..and the investigation be looked into by the NCAA is hanging over them..while Harbaugh ponders where his future will take him next year...
Yes, the coming NCAA poo storm is not going to be good for Michigan.

Because they wanted Harbaugh immediately re-instated and did not get it.

Will get vacated so it's a bit of a moot point.

WTF are you talking about??
LOL--all they cared about was being post-season eligible
It being vacated doesn't change it happened?
You don't remember that--convenient. I'll find it

Michigan may have lost a battle but they won the war. The only thing they cared about was being post-season eligible. Everything else is for show.

Not even close to being a “horrible team” just shows you have no clue all - but hey keep going down with the SS Stupid ship.
they're a horrible team. Notice at 7-4 no one considers them a quality win other than those here.

Definitely not all they cared about. Read Santa's letter from the week the suspensions were handed out.

For the record books, yes it does.

Knock yourself out, you obsessed lunatic you.
All the cared about
You keep talking about the record book like it alters what people saw happen
Again, when the NCAA took away our wins did you no longer remember they happened? if so, you care way too much about what the governing body does
Hopefully Ohio State beats Michigan and saves the world from even the possibility of Michigan winning a title but the Big Ten didn't do what you or anyone else asked for but now you (and them) are pretending this was some huge punishment that Michigan is crying about.

All the cared about
you are saying this as a Michigan insider, I presume? It is not all they cared about. See all the bluster from the coaches, they players, the AD and the univeristy president.
You keep talking about the record book like it alters what people saw happen
The record book is the record book.
Again, when the NCAA took away our wins did you no longer remember they happened?
Irrelevant because the NCAA realized the error of their ways and reinstated PSU's wins. But for example, I do not consider that Reggie Bush won the Heisman and they didn't win the BCS in 2004.
if so, you care way too much about what the governing body does
That's kind of how law and order works.
Hopefully Ohio State beats Michigan and saves the world from even the possibility of Michigan winning a title but the Big Ten didn't do what you or anyone else asked for but now you (and them) are pretending this was some huge punishment that Michigan is crying about.
No one believes that you think that.

you are saying this as a Michigan insider, I presume? It is not all they cared about. See all the bluster from the coaches, they players, the AD and the univeristy president.

The record book is the record book.

Irrelevant because the NCAA realized the error of their ways and reinstated PSU's wins. But for example, I do not consider that Reggie Bush won the Heisman and they didn't win the BCS in 2004.

That's kind of how law and order works.

No one believes that you think that.
I don't have to know anything about Michigan to know what Michigan cares about
USC-Texas didn't happen?
It's not irrelevant. Do USC fans claim Bush as the Heisman winner and they as the MNCs?
Only the NCAA isn't law or order
Funny--some think I'm an Ohio State fan. Harrison one of the best 2 players in college and they have a better chance to win a title which is good for Penn State. Michigan will flop. Georgia wins anyway but...

Michigan's goals:
1. Don't get ruled ineligible for post season, this season (LOW BAR WHICH WOULD HAVE BEEN ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE TO TRIP OVER)
2. Don't do anything that has preclusive effect when you fight major sanctions next season (RELATIVELY LOW BAR, BUT NOT OFF TO A GREAT START WITH THE OBSTRUCTION THINGY AND THE BOOSTER THINGY, AND THE WITHDRAWAL OF THE APPEAL RELATES TO THAT NOT SO GREAT START)
3. Show Jimmah just how much you love him, in the increasingly less likely event you'd want to try to compete with an nfl team for his future services.

So I guess if succeeding at those objectives is 'victory' - and they probably have succeeded, I'll just say that Victors seem to have become a lot less Valiant than they used to be.

Michigan may have lost a battle but they won the war. The only thing they cared about was being post-season eligible. Everything else is for show.
War ? Seriously ? If the almighty great Michigan.. who’s Coach pointed to Georgia as the benchmark of success ( understandably when you look at Natty’s etc) ultimately is viewed with a tainted black mark.. cheaters ie Houston Astros…while the Bulldogs have a clean slate and have done it.. so far..the right way….. then you think Michigan has won the war ?

What is likely to come down on Michigan..based on their.. cheating.. is nothing a Michigan Alum would or should be proud of ..they will always be known., as the school that cheated.. sort of reminds me of a famous bicyclist..who won a record number of Tour De France’s..

Michigan did not or has not won any war..unless you are a blindfolded Michigan fan.., then., no matter what.. nothing is wrong,.all
Is great in Ann Arbor.

War ? Seriously ? If the almighty great Michigan.. who’s Coach pointed to Georgia as the benchmark of success ( understandably when you look at Natty’s etc) ultimately is viewed with a tainted black mark.. cheaters ie Houston Astros…while the Bulldogs have a clean slate and have done it.. so far..the right way….. then you think Michigan has won the war ?

What is likely to come down on Michigan..based on their.. cheating.. is nothing a Michigan Alum would or should be proud of ..they will always be known., as the school that cheated.. sort of reminds me of a famous bicyclist..who won a record number of Tour De France’s..

Michigan did not or has not won any war..unless you are a blindfolded Michigan fan.., then., no matter what.. nothing is wrong,.all
Is great in Ann Arbor.
The war with the Big Ten
Do Michigan fans seem at all upset with what Michigan did? Do most still consider Lance elite?
I don't care about Michigan at all but I'm not going to pretend the Big Ten won simply because I wish they had. For the Big Ten to have won, Michigan wouldn't be eligible for the post-season and Harbaugh definitely wouldn't be allowed to coach in the title game against Iowa if they beat Ohio State.

The war with the Big Ten
Do Michigan fans seem at all upset with what Michigan did? Do most still consider Lance elite?
I don't care about Michigan at all but I'm not going to pretend the Big Ten won simply because I wish they had. For the Big Ten to have won, Michigan wouldn't be eligible for the post-season and Harbaugh definitely wouldn't be allowed to coach in the title game against Iowa if they beat Ohio State.
The Big 10 won because.. as a conference they stepped up and said.. we as an organization find this behavior unacceptable.. would this ever happen in the SEC ? PAC 12? Big 12 ? Any other major conference? No. It would not. But the Big 10 took action. Eliminated from Post Season ? No. But that was NEVER going to happen..

Was action taken after the Big 10 stepped up and recognized Michigan failed I. Their “ sportsmanship” code of conduct ? Yes. I don’t see how you can possibly argue that Michigan., “won”…

BTW.. huge gamble for Michigan..I agree., if they win the Natty.. though many will still point fingers at them being., cheaters…

But… what happens when they don’t win.. Harbaugh leaves.. school gets sanctions..and they will always be known., as cheaters..-who did not win a title.

Every game Michigan plays from now on., the GP will be rooting against them..you can bank on that,,

The Big 10 won because.. as a conference they stepped up and said.. we as an organization find this behavior unacceptable.. would this ever happen in the SEC ? PAC 12? Big 12 ? Any other major conference? No. It would not. But the Big 10 took action. Eliminated from Post Season ? No. But that was NEVER going to happen..

Was action taken after the Big 10 stepped up and recognized Michigan failed I. Their “ sportsmanship” code of conduct ? Yes. I don’t see how you can possibly argue that Michigan., “won”…

BTW.. huge gamble for Michigan..I agree., if they win the Natty.. though many will still point fingers at them being., cheaters…

But… what happens when they don’t win.. Harbaugh leaves.. school gets sanctions..and they will always be known., as cheaters..-who did not win a title.

Every game Michigan plays from now on., the GP will be rooting against them..you can bank on that,,
Yes, this would have happened in any conference because NOTHING SIGNIFICANT happened. It wasn't even a slap on the wrist. Harbaugh is literally preparing his team for the game.

What do you consider "real sanctions" to be moving forward if they win the title this year? Another slap on the wrist or something real?

Does it matter who the general public is rooting for? And, I'd wager, a lot weren't rooting for us when we played them. Starting with Pitt fans.

This board literally went on and on about how Michigan had to be barred from the post-season, that Harbaugh had to be suspended for the post-season, that Michigan should have to forfeit games and now you (and others) want to spin it as the Big Ten winning because Harbaugh isn't allowed on the sidelines for a total of 12 hours?

Yes, this would have happened in any conference because NOTHING SIGNIFICANT happened. It wasn't even a slap on the wrist. Harbaugh is literally preparing his team for the game.

What do you consider "real sanctions" to be moving forward if they win the title this year? Another slap on the wrist or something real?

Does it matter who the general public is rooting for? And, I'd wager, a lot weren't rooting for us when we played them. Starting with Pitt fans.

This board literally went on and on about how Michigan had to be barred from the post-season, that Harbaugh had to be suspended for the post-season, that Michigan should have to forfeit games and now you (and others) want to spin it as the Big Ten winning because Harbaugh isn't allowed on the sidelines for a total of 12 hours?
Can you name the number of college teams over the last 5.. even 10 years.. where the head coach has been barred from the sidelines and attend any games ? Michigan was never going to be barred from the Post Season simply because of the financial impact that the school could prove would be in effect without a proper investigation being completed.. was not going to happen.

But.., their head Coach is not allowed to be on the sidelines with his team..again.. name over the last 5-10 years where that has happened and the resulting fraction of which the Coach was accused.,while in the midst of a National Championship run…?

Can you name the number of college teams over the last 5.. even 10 years.. where the head coach has been barred from the sidelines and attend any games ? Michigan was never going to be barred from the Post Season simply because of the financial impact that the school could prove would be in effect without a proper investigation being completed.. was not going to happen.

But.., their head Coach is not allowed to be on the sidelines with his team..again.. name over the last 5-10 years where that has happened and the resulting fraction of which the Coach was accused.,while in the midst of a National Championship run…?
Again, it's a slap on the wrist and Michigan couldn't be happier. They had one objective and it was achieved.
All parties can claim they won
The Big Ten took action--although minor
Michigan fought back and then can tell their alumni and fans that they reached this to prevent the Big Ten from taking further actions
Fans, like you, can pretend this is meaningful

Is Michigan eligible for the Big Ten title game and playoff? If the answer is yes they won.

Again, it's a slap on the wrist and Michigan couldn't be happier. They had one objective and it was achieved.
All parties can claim they won
The Big Ten took action--although minor
Michigan fought back and then can tell their alumni and fans that they reached this to prevent the Big Ten from taking further actions
Fans, like you, can pretend this is meaningful

Is Michigan eligible for the Big Ten title game and playoff? If the answer is yes they won.
And.. you have polled Michigan Alumni ? Because you seem to be stating “ facts”… Michigan could not be “happier”? Hmmm… Michigan could not be “Happier”…

And.. you have polled Michigan Alumni ? Because you seem to be stating “ facts”… Michigan could not be “happier”? Hmmm… Michigan could not be “Happier”…
What is Michigan priority this year?
Are they eligible?

What is Michigan priority this year?
Are they eligible?
They are eligible. .. and according to you.. their Alumni and fans could not be happier with what has happened .. no doubt.. the bar is very low..we can agree to disagree.. there is no doubt..I’ve spent way too much time discussing this..

They are eligible. .. and according to you.. their Alumni and fans could not be happier with what has happened .. no doubt.. the bar is very low..we can agree to disagree.. there is no doubt..I’ve spent way too much time discussing this..
Fair enough

Reactions: baircub1!

Is great in Ann Arbor.
I’m curious if you think they will get LOIC? Keeping in mind the sign stealing part is a level three infraction so I’m curious how it gets to the level of LOIC according to the NCAA explanation of such?

Now there are those that will read my post and instantly get their Jimmie’s jammed and think I’m justifying something. To be clear. I’m not. I’m just curious how it would get to that level.

Reactions: Obliviax
I’m curious if you think they will get LOIC? Keeping in mind the sign stealing part is a level three infraction so I’m curious how it gets to the level of LOIC according to the NCAA explanation of such?

Now there are those that will read my post and instantly get their Jimmie’s jammed and think I’m justifying something. To be clear. I’m not. I’m just curious how it would get to that level.
You make a great point but I think it’s a collection of infractions they ( NCAA) are looking at and probably pissed that JH refused to work or sit down with them originally.. as a single entity.. it seems the sign stealing would be a slap in the wrist.. but I get the impression that there are a collection of other things the NCAA is pulling together.. I could be wrong..

Couple things from this article (https://www.yahoo.com/sports/report-not-surprising-michigan-coach-170309228.html)

This is why Michigan won

"The acceptance of the three-game suspension means the Big Ten will end its investigation into Michigan's sign-stealing allegations, and the Wolverines will face no further punishment from the conference. Any further punishment regarding the in-person scouting violations will come from the NCAA, when its investigation has been completed."

People may believe the NCAA will take major action but they played the Big Ten here.

""Going forward, it's going to be interesting. He still has an NCAA investigation from recruiting violations from the COVID dead period that the NCAA is still after him about," Feldman said. "Now you have this Connor Stalions signal-stealing story that they're dealing with. It would not be surprising if Jim Harbaugh could be suspended for the bulk of the 2024 season, I'm told.""

If this is the NCAA's big action--Michigan is a huge winner

I don't have to know anything about Michigan to know what Michigan cares about
USC-Texas didn't happen?
It's not irrelevant. Do USC fans claim Bush as the Heisman winner and they as the MNCs?
Only the NCAA isn't law or order
Funny--some think I'm an Ohio State fan. Harrison one of the best 2 players in college and they have a better chance to win a title which is good for Penn State. Michigan will flop. Georgia wins anyway but...
It's interesting what @PSU2UNC thinks about "law and order". Ask him about the convictions of CSS and Jerry and see what he says. 🤣

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT