ADVERTISEMENT

Michael Menet to announce May 29

That is what Google Maps told me. I thought it sounded low too.

No, it's right with a major disclaimer --- making it on I-95 through Maryland and Northern Virginia without getting held up. Need to pick your times. Once you get to Richmond, Durham is little more than 2 hours away.

Last edited:
With the way that Menet has held his cards close to his chest during this entire process and has intentionally not made big splashes why is there now a belief that all of the sudden his intentions are going to start leaking out of the Menet camp just a few days before the announcement? Just wondering....is there credibility to this rumor?

If its true Menet hasnt visited Duke in awhile and cancelled his last scheduled visit, then im inclined to go with the "pay attention to what a recruit does, and not what he says" theory. Which means he's going to PSU.

If its true Menet hasnt visited Duke in awhile and cancelled his last scheduled visit, then im inclined to go with the "pay attention to what a recruit does, and not what he says" theory. Which means he's going to PSU.
That's the one part of all of this that gives me hope. Even if he was sold on Duke, why cancel the visit? Why wouldn't you want to visit one more time if for nothing more than a free trip and a chance to see the coaches, players, facilities and university one more time?

The quotes in that article sound very positive towards PSU. He essentially explains why he views the 2 schools evenly from an academic standpoint. Unless that's some kind of smokescreen, that screams PSU. You never know but those quotes are a good sign.

Reactions: NC2017
this is a prototype Stanford OL recruit. Duke is kind of a recent phenomenon. great place but hard to ever imagine them challenging for ACC (I know they got into ACC champ last year but total fluke) - way too much competition for them with FSU, Miami, GaTech, Va Tech, etc

if a player wanted a 4 year start, stay under the radar, low pressure and no need to win - Duke is good choice. some guys like this model - arrive as a 4 year starter. this kid could almost do that at PSU though given our depth and guys who will be gone when he gets to PSU.

Really am still a little worried about Duke. Cutcliffe has turned them into fair competition but I trust the person that tells me he is going to...

joe_pa_is_loco.jpg

If so, just awesome all around.

Reactions: BVSt.Paul
I wonder if it will be broadcast on Periscope or Meerkat? These new apps make it so easy to tune it to live events.

How do you use Periscope? I just downloaded. Do I search for Michal Menet? Twiter? Thx
I think you can either search or just scroll until you see the title. I'm just getting used to it, I'm on Android and that app literally just came out for Android. I have been using Meerkat instead, which I prefer, but Periscope is more popular.

The signs sure seem to be pointing our way, but for some reason the Dukies do not all think they are out of this.

I take it he was only there once? Does anybody ever commit after just one visit? Or is that the norm?

The signs sure seem to be pointing our way, but for some reason the Dukies do not all think they are out of this.

I take it he was only there once? Does anybody ever commit after just one visit? Or is that the norm?
He was there twice. At least that's what the PennLive article said. I know it wasn't recent though bc he canceled that one. So if it wasn't a long time ago maybe it was only one.

Last edited:

He was there last year for 3 days as well. His father pointed that out on a Duke site.

It's funny. These are not similar schools.
That's what makes me nervous. there's something about Duke that he obviously loves since they are in the final 2 with the other being his home state. That makes me worry, thinking PSU is there bc they were always the school he was going to until Duke intrigued him. But yes, out of all the offers he has, for Duke to be in the final 2 says something. it's strange. And makes me worry.

That's what makes me nervous. there's something about Duke that he obviously loves since they are in the final 2 with the other being his home state. That makes me worry, thinking PSU is there bc they were always the school he was going to until Duke intrigued him. But yes, out of all the offers he has, for Duke to be in the final 2 says something. it's strange. And makes me worry.

home-alone.gif

weird I searched for him on periscope and couldn't find him listed anywhere...
You have to search for "exeter twp".

That is the local news coverage that is broadcasting on periscope per his twitter.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT