ADVERTISEMENT

Merry Christmas team. Post up your fav gift.

My favorite gift this year has been the joy of seeing one of the gifts I gave being enjoyed. My sweet little 5 year old nephew has autism, but has been making great gains this year since starting Kindergarten with regard to his communications skills and ability to focus. He’s also showing great promise with reading and spelling.

I gave him a stack of books based on his favorite PBS show, Dinosaur Train. My sister says he’s had one open in his hands since the moment he opened the present. Warms my heart.

The books will also be very helpful to her every time he asks how to spell things like “parasaurolophus.” 😀

Picture and message thing for my keychain with my son. Second place guy shoving all in with against me with 2 pair vs nut straight and no full house on river yesterday on Stars.

My favorite gift this year has been the joy of seeing one of the gifts I gave being enjoyed. My sweet little 5 year old nephew has autism, but has been making great gains this year since starting Kindergarten with regard to his communications skills and ability to focus. He’s also showing great promise with reading and spelling.

I gave him a stack of books based on his favorite PBS show, Dinosaur Train. My sister says he’s had one open in his hands since the moment he opened the present. Warms my heart.

The books will also be very helpful to her every time he asks how to spell things like “parasaurolophus.” 😀
When I was a kid, I always got books as gifts. They always hit the spot.

As I am halfway thru my sixth decade of life.....I am grateful for less monetary and more sentimental gifts. At times I have discussed my days as a Yellow Jacket at Ga. Tech....and 45 years later I have survived back, neck, knee, hip and cancer surgery. My 4 year colonoscopy came back clear. This Christmas our home was filled with six kids and five grandchildren and the ensuring chaos was amazingly invigorating. I am lucky to have a wife I love and adore.....and she tolerates me!
I am fortunate to be living my personal version of...."It's a Wonderful Life".
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to everyone!

Last edited:

Double like!

As I am halfway thru my sixth decade of life.....I am grateful for less monetary and more sentimental gifts. At times I have discussed my days as a Yellow Jacket at Ga. Tech....and 45 years later I have survived back, neck, knee, hip and cancer surgery. My 4 year colonoscopy came back clear. This Christmas our home was filled with six kids and five grandchildren and the ensuring chaos was amazingly invigorating. I am lucky to have a wife I love and adore.....and she tolerates me!
You’re one of my favorite posters. Typical CP post. Merry Christmas.

I suspect that you are halfway through your seventh decade of life. Don’t shortchange yourself on the numerous gifts with which you’ve been blessed.

giphy.gif

Dinosaur Train! Dinosaur Train! Whoo whoo!

I know that one well.
Get him a dinosaur picture book encyclopedia sometime - he’ll love that. Knowing kids with autism well, he’ll have it memorized in a week

Reactions: CVLion
My old Lowe Alpine backpack pretty much rotted, so I bought this with a $300 company gift card they gave us all. If I could just go back in time and have this on my Philmont trip instead of the heavy-ass external frame Jansport.

I am going to Philmont for a second time this summer as an adult leader with my troop. I am so looking forward to it. It was such a great experience the first time (as an adult leader too) in 2016. My son aged out years ago but I have stayed active as an adult leader.

I hike the AT on weekends when I can even more so since COVID. I still use my son’s pack from BSA.

My old Lowe Alpine backpack pretty much rotted, so I bought this with a $300 company gift card they gave us all. If I could just go back in time and have this on my Philmont trip instead of the heavy-ass external frame Jansport.

81QMyHVPqzL._AC_SY606_.jpg
Osprey makes great packs. These days a lot of people are opting for ultralight frameless packs but I'm still rocking my Osprey Aether 70. It got me through the AT and numerous other trails. Hope you enjoy it!

Dji mini 2 drone. Essentially a flying camera.

I want to augment my family digital albums going forward with great aerial footage of our adventures that we can enjoy for all time.

Among other fun applications.

Since hp no longer makes calculators, and Swissmicro has been making a few reproductions, I was gifted with a DM42, a replica of the hp 42S which I've never owned

No potter's field for you.Clarence has been looking over your shoulder.Happy holidays

Reactions: ChandlerPearce
Dinosaur Train! Dinosaur Train! Whoo whoo!

I know that one well.
Get him a dinosaur picture book encyclopedia sometime - he’ll love that. Knowing kids with autism well, he’ll have it memorized in a week

Oh yes, I’ll definitely be getting him books like that and more as he comes further along with his reading skills and future birthdays and Christmases roll around.

As for kids with autism and the way they absorb certain info — absolutely! My own son, who is now 20, also is on the autism spectrum — though I’d say to a milder degree than my nephew. He has long been a fountain of knowledge on various topics that interest him — animals and dinosaurs, Kaiju movies, mythology, anime, and manga just to name a few. And he now seems to be finally learning how to apply that same spongelike ability to soak up facts even to college courses where he may not be as obsessively interested as he is in the aforementioned areas, but still likes the subject matter. He just wrapped up his best semester yet, and this dad couldn’t be more pleased! That was a pretty great Christmas present too. :)

As for my favorite gift this year, hands down, it has to be this cool vintage record player I got. I've always been a huge fan of vinyl, and this gift totally made my day. It's just so nostalgic and brings a unique charm to the whole music experience. But you know what's even more awesome? Seeing all the different gifts everyone else received! It's fascinating how personal and thoughtful each one can be. From quirky gadgets to cozy blankets, it's clear that everyone knows each other so well. Speaking of which, I also noticed a lot of people mentioning personalized gifts, and I think they're such a wonderful way to show someone you really care about them.

Last edited:
Reactions: Obliviax
As for my favorite gift this year, hands down, it has to be this cool vintage record player I got. I've always been a huge fan of vinyl, and this gift totally made my day. It's just so nostalgic and brings a unique charm to the whole music experience. But you know what's even more awesome? Seeing all the different gifts everyone else received! It's fascinating how personal and thoughtful each one can be.
I recall the days of Bose, marantz, Klipsch. The sound quality, today, is just completely lacking

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT