C Carlos Ruiz
1st Ryan Howard
LF Domonic Brown
SS Freddy Galvis
RF Darin Ruf
3rd Cody Asche
P Cole Hamels

Wild Card, here we come!

A lot of the same cast that got 73 wins last year. Don't see much improvement. Oh well, hopefully it will kill time until football season returns!?

I don't see Ruiz hitting third. He is a .260 hitter at this point with less than 10 HRs.

That lineup has the potential to be .500 if everything goes well, especially Howard and Brown. Better chance of losing 90-100 games.

Pirates fans really need to stop comparing their team to the Phils...

and just worry about getting to a World Series. It's been a long time.

besides it's embarrasing to Phillies fan

in addition to the embarrassing product on the field

Phillie opponents are shaking in their shoes ..

.. looking at that line-up! But it is really we Phillie fans who should be shaking in our shoes with that line-up. Of course we always have the Sixers and Eagles to look forward to once again when baseball is finally over.

again, why the need to compare your team to the Phillies? Kind of sad.

Jimmy carter was president the last time the Pirates were in the series. I'd be more concerned with getting back than how the Phillies are doing.

Rivals the 1997 Pittsburgh Pirates.....

Tony Womack - 2B
Jermaine Allensworth - CF
Al Martin - LF
Mark Johnson - 1B
Kevin Elster - SS
Jason Kendall - C
Jose Guillen - RF
Joe Randa - 3B

Ace of the Staff - Esteban Loaiza

OUCH!

Those were some LEAN years.

They will put Chase in the 3 hole as that is the only person that actually Sandberg can put there with a straight face. They will try to put Ashe or Galvis in the two slot. Either that or they experiment with Ruf as the 3 hole hitter.

Phils are going to stink, everybody knows that. With Lee gone and Hamels & Papelbon on the trade block, the pitching staff is going to be really bad unless some of the young guys just come out of nowhere. And if those two guys get traded early and there is an injury or two, easily see the Phils losing 100 games.

Re: again, why the need to compare your team to the Phillies? Kind of sad.

Sad for you maybe, I rather enjoy it. Twenty years of having the Bucs losing rubbed in my face by Phillie fans tends to do that. Enjoy your time of irrelevance.

Over most of my life, I have described myself as a lifelong, long-suffering Phillies fan. This lineup and total lack of pitching, except for Hamels, will ensure that I will again suffer long. I won't be disappointed as I have no hope that the Phillies will contend in the near future. I really enjoyed the recent years when the Phils were relevant and even away games had lots of red-garbed fans, and I can only bask in that memory. All the way in 2020!!!

This post was edited on 3/17 1:06 PM by GastonLion

Re: Bucs have won 3 in my lifetime...

Originally posted by Hartzie:
how have the Phils done in yours?
Really? As if 3 is vastly greater than 2.

If you were asking from a Yankees perspective you'd have a better argument, and your cockiness would be justified.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT