ADVERTISEMENT

Iowas defense is still really good

RickinDayton

May 29, 2001
Watching them against Iowa State. Simply sound fundamental defense @ ever level. Phil Parker is an oustanding DC.
Iowa's defense leads all D1 teams since 2009 in INTs.
They will be a real challenge for PSU's offense.

Reactions: NedFromYork
Watching them against Iowa State. Simply sound fundamental defense @ ever level. Phil Parker is an oustanding DC.
I've said for a few years now that Phil Parker is the best - by far - DC in the B1G and one of the top 2 or 3 in the country.

Last edited:
Reactions: NedFromYork
It doesn’t help matters that the Iowa State quarterback, continuously throws into coverage.

Reactions: LandoComando
I've said for a few years now that Phil parker is the best - by far - DC in the B1G and one of the top 2 or 3 in the country.
Agree. Especially since they rarely recruit 5 stars or high 4 stars. One of the commentators mentioned that Parker likes to recruit players who play multiple sports in high school.

Last edited:
It doesn’t help matters that the Iowa State quarterback, continuously throws into coverage.
The Iowa State QB is either a Freshman or Redshirt Freshma, but Iowa is putting pressure on him and forcing some of those mistakes and the Iowa LBs and Secondary know their assignments and stick to them.

I was on OSU's Eleven Warriors site and how bad has the OSU defense been the last few years? Today, one of their CBs had an interception and it was the 1st interception by an OSU CB going back to 2021 - that's unbelievable and pathetic. Compare that BS to Phil Parker and Iowa's. Like night and day

Fortunately we only have to score about 17 to win.

ISU QB makes you hold your nose. If he is their best, they are doomed.

Reactions: bison13
I was on OSU's Eleven Warriors site and how bad has the OSU defense been the last few years? Today, one of their CBs had an interception and it was the 1st interception by an OSU CB going back to 2021 - that's unbelievable and pathetic. Compare that BS to Phil Parker and Iowa's. Like night and day
Wow.

I mean, if we're watching this game....the Iowa State offense is complete trash. Their lack of urgency here towards the end of the game summed it up perfectly. Iowa's D will prevent a much needed test but unless their D/ST score it should be a comfortable win. 24-10 type game.

Reactions: bison13
I mean, if we're watching this game....the Iowa State offense is complete trash. Their lack of urgency here towards the end of the game summed it up perfectly. Iowa's D will prevent a much needed test but unless their D/ST score it should be a comfortable win. 24-10 type game.
Unbelievable how slow Iowa State was that drive. Ran a bunch of dives that take extra seconds to a pile and let the clock run down to under 10 seconds before snapping nearly every time.

Unbelievable how slow Iowa State was that drive. Ran a bunch of dives that take extra seconds to a pile and let the clock run down to under 10 seconds before snapping nearly every time.
It didn't make any sense. An Iowa win is great for us though so I'll take it.

I expect PSU to win, but I don't see a blow out.

Matt Campbell was the hot name for coaching openings around 4 or 5 years ago and it seems like his name has disappeared - well somewhat - with the new CF openings today

Reactions: LandoComando
I agree. Iowa has a good defense but Iowa State’s offense is not very good. The difference in the game was a pick 6 by a freshman QB.

Fortunately we only have to score about 17 to win.
Yeah Iowa had 235 yards of total offense and averaged 3.7 yards per rush and 5.6 yards per pass. The key to the game will be to get up two scores on them. PSU was boat racing Iowa the last time they played before Clifford got hurt and well we all know how the rest of the game went with the back up
QB playing. Like that Franklin gave Allar playing time last year and is giving Pribula some this year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT