ADVERTISEMENT

I think Ray Donovan is likely the best show on TV now...

Ranger Dan

Gold Member
Aug 31, 2003
York PA
The stories, characters, and acting are just amazing. John Voight is a world class actor... his mannerisms are so perfect and he makes you hate him, but also hope for him to come through at least once. Not only that, but Ray Donovan is a badass with lots of cool. I could see Steve McQueen playing this character.

Yeah I love the show. The last two episodes were maybe the two best. It's finally starting to take off. I wasn't ever a Liev Schreiber fan but he owns that character. Voight is amazing in his role. Actually the whole cast is good right now.

The stories, characters, and acting are just amazing. John Voight is a world class actor... his mannerisms are so perfect and he makes you hate him, but also hope for him to come through at least once. Not only that, but Ray Donovan is a badass with lots of cool. I could see Steve McQueen playing this character.
Really?
How old are you?

I agree and posted this a few days ago. My wife thinks the last 2 episodes are too dark, but she doesn't realize that everything isn't always rosey. I love it as they portray what the world is really like in those circles. Now in reality, Ray Donovan and his Dad would have been killed in half those confrontational situations, but then there wouldn't be a show :)

No man - chi out Deutscland '83 and then decide what is the best show on TV - Sundance channel. Start from episode #1. It's brilliant

I really only get involved in a few shows at a time. I think True Detective has been solid, better than a lot of people seem to think(the expectations after last year were nuts). Ray Donovan always seemed like it could be really good and it's there now. I like it better than Boardwalk Empire.

S1 of Ray Donovan was almost on par with True Detective I thought. But season 2 was a steep dropoff simular to the Sopranos season 6.

This current season is amazing... probably better than season 1 as there seems to be more emphasis on the long term plot as opposed to subplots within each episode.

ADVERTISEMENT