ADVERTISEMENT

I gave Barron a fair bit of slack when he came here, even to some extent after the fraudulent

th

That is, of course, part of the issue. But not *all* of it. Just looking at the Alumni Association for one, where a small group of insiders have taken a once democratic institution and turned it into their own private playground. That has absolutely nothing to do with Paterno. But it mimics what the BOT did. Which also had nothing to do with Paterno. We are not an elitist place. A state university cannot be (elite education, yes). But these moves smack of elitism--and it is not the Penn State I knew and loved.

JMO but it has everything to do with Paterno because if the BOTS hadn't done to him what they did, we (alums) would have continued
being blind to them and ignoring them. And thats on us for letting them get away with what they have for so long.

The 97% of living alumni who didn't bother to vote in the very recent trustee election suggest something entirely different.

Guys like you and Dandrea like to conveniently forget that the PSAA survey uses a random sample. This means that the results -- such as 80% of alumni being unhappy with the board -- are representative of alumni in general. It is not the PS4RS crowd filling out the survey, it is a cross-section of all living alumni.

Reactions: Zenophile
Guys like you and Dandrea like to conveniently forget that the PSAA survey uses a random sample. This means that the results -- such as 80% of alumni being unhappy with the board -- are representative of alumni in general. It is not the PS4RS crowd filling out the survey, it is a cross-section of all living alumni.

Further demonstrating which faction is the statistical "vocal minority". But that professionally contrived alumni pejorative cost millions of university dollars, and we just can't let that kind of bank go to waste. ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: Keyser Soze 16801
The last thing this BOT wants, the very last thing, is an actual election whereby the candidates get heard and the truth gets out. This year's election was quiet, too quiet, and I'm sure that is part of their strategy. They will point to elections like this as a reason to get rid of alumni voting altogether, since this is one hole in their dike of misinformation that they can't keep sealed off. Bet on it: by this summer, Dandrea will be talking about these elections and minimizing them, as a first step to eliminating them altogether.

Thankfully, the Paterno suit will be ongoing and will uncover their treachery. No matter how lucky they've been so far, it's only a matter of time until Peetz and Surma are deposed, and Sollers will have them for lunch.

Corman got the ball rolling and won a huge victory. No lawyer
Corman won a huge victory. There are no good lawyers in this country who would see his clients demands met and then risk blowing it all in a trial THAT DOES NOT HAVE TO TAKE PLACE BECAUSE THE DEFENDANTS MET THE DEMANDS OF THE PLANTIF. Why does anybody continue to float this really mind boggling scenerio where you go to trial after your demands are met? Don't you realize how devoid of reason that view is?

Riiiiiight, you just go ahead keeping thinking that. He gave up the battle when there was more discovery to happen, and then made to look like a fool after the agreement was reached and announced. And were is the support for reforming the Board? crickets

Reactions: WeR0206
Riiiiiight, you just go ahead keeping thinking that. He gave up the battle when there was more discovery to happen, and then made to look like a fool after the agreement was reached and announced. And were is the support for reforming the Board? crickets

11193382_1422361878073278_6086145417708552402_n.jpg

10462315_1422361961406603_5324971448421738313_n.jpg
11041740_1422362108073255_4188745104365988560_n.jpg

Reactions: demlion
Wow, RED ink. I don't recall suggesting a conspiracy. Ever. Well you recall wrongly. Continually searching for "the truth" when the truth has always been out there front and center clearly suggests a notion of nefariousness and conspiracy on your part. But that red ink gets me thinking that you are getting worked up just like your boy Eric. Think of of it less as getting worked up and more pointing out the obvious to someone with vision problems. Its a long game for me. You guys are suddenly acting like you sense it might not be a long game--like your time is getting short. You're right, time is getting short .....for you guys. We have a 28 point lead late in the fourth quarter and Witvoet in our back pocket. The clock is winding down and the best part is when the clock expires on C/S/S, I'll still be here saying I told you so and Freeh got it right. Then what will you do? Rave on. This is going to be the best part of all.

Last edited:
A large portion of the ~120 million went towards position scholarships. But what do I know, right?

What do you know? Let's start by seeing if you can get the correct total amount of Pegula's gift? Then, why don't you tell us just how large a "large portion" is?

Reactions: mbahses

Did you pull those out of your Michael's scrap book because they're likely the only ones still in existence. All long gone, forgotten about, and relegated to people's trash recycling . Maybe you should go down into your basement, print up a few hundred more on your Gutenberg press, and then stand on the corner by McLanahan's handing them out to little old ladies as they pass by. LOL! You should make "Livin on a Prayer" your theme song.

And the answer is still an emphatic NO!

Last edited:
Hey, CR: This is the final proof that you are the rutgersal of the "move on" club.

Did you pull those out of your Michael's scrap book because they're likely the only ones still in existence. All long gone, forgotten about, and relegated to people's trash recycling . Maybe you should go down into your basement, print up a few hundred more on your Gutenberg press, and then stand on the corner by McLanahan's handing them out to little old ladies as they pass by. LOL!

And the answer is still an emphatic NO!

The final days of CR......"Kenny, Karen, John....why have you forsaken me?"

th

It suggests that the university doesn't know how to conduct an election.

Exactly. People like 66 and the BoT love to fixate on stats like that not because they have any true meaning but because they think it agrees with their opinion.

I'd say voting was down because alumni saw that there were 3 candidates for 3 positions- why vote in that when obviously all 3 are moving on? Then the alumni are just disgusted because no matter what they vote, 66's buddies just rig the set up and manipulate the BoT numbers to make sure they have no power. After a while people see the writing on the wall with the corrupt practices and no longer participate.

If you want to know what people think of the BoT- just remember when they put Erickson and Joyner on the field at halftime a few years ago and the boos came raining down. The arrogance of the BoT to think everyone loves them except a tiny minority is truly delusional.

Exactly. People like 66 and the BoT love to fixate on stats like that not because they have any true meaning but because they think it agrees with their opinion.

I'd say voting was down because alumni saw that there were 3 candidates for 3 positions- why vote in that when obviously all 3 are moving on? Then the alumni are just disgusted because no matter what they vote, 66's buddies just rig the set up and manipulate the BoT numbers to make sure they have no power. After a while people see the writing on the wall with the corrupt practices and no longer participate.

If you want to know what people think of the BoT- just remember when they put Erickson and Joyner on the field at halftime a few years ago and the boos came raining down. The arrogance of the BoT to think everyone loves them except a tiny minority is truly delusional.

Voting was also down because the admin has been removing complainers from the voting rolls. It was also down because they use a shitty service that gets caught by spam filters and they don't bother to let alums know about the ballots using any other means -- e.g. snail mail postcards and PSU social media accounts. The Admin does not want alumni to vote.

Voting was also down because the admin has been removing complainers from the voting rolls. It was also down because they use a shitty service that gets caught by spam filters and they don't bother to let alums know about the ballots using any other means -- e.g. snail mail postcards and PSU social media accounts. The Admin does not want alumni to vote.

Very true. It has been a pattern over the last 3 years that many who were critical of the BoT and wrote/ called PSU were suddenly removed from the voting roles and had to jump through hoops to get a ballot the next year. It was no coincidence the number of stories posted here each year at voting time. Plus with the spam filter issue and people's busy lives- most alumni who aren't as in touch like people on this site don't get the 'reminder' to vote to even realize they never got a ballot.

Regardless of what the turnout was, more people voted for the alumni trustees than any other members of the Board.

Just as a "for instance"....in past elections, the "Penn Stater" (or whatever the name is of the publication put out by the Alumni Disassociation), not only notified Alums that the election was taking place - but also included a roster of the candidates and candidates answers to questions of interest.

Now, obviously, this year there were only three balloted candidates (though, anyone could certainly write in a candidate of their choosing), but the Alumni Disassociation magazine did not so much as make a mention of either the upcoming BOT election....OR the election of PSU AA Council (which has numerous candidates for the 10 elected seats - out of the total seats of somewhere in the neighborhood of 100).

They were even offered advertising $$$ to include a notice....and refused.

These ass clowns are scared.....they are running like rats.

LOL As I said, more pity than outrage.

NOTHING should be more heartening to those who desire the truth....to those who look forward to the day when Penn State is no longer held in the clutches of these despicable Pirates....as this:

CR is the best they got.

11193286_1425109551131844_7746195308623647600_n.jpg

LOL As I said, more pity than outrage.

NOTHING should be more heartening to those who desire the truth....to those who look forward to the day when Penn State is no longer held in the clutches of these despicable Pirates....as this:

CR is the best they got.

11193286_1425109551131844_7746195308623647600_n.jpg

Surma's puppet.

Please get back on your medication. Comparing BOT members to Christ - get some help. To paraphrase one of your posts - 'If history is a predictor of the future, tomorrow you will still be one very damaged person.' Those last few posts, regardless your point of view were very, very sad.

Reactions: WeR0206
And more than in elections pre Nov. 2011.

Actually if 125,000 alums turned out and voted for the slate, the Old Guard team would be saying that the elected trustees only got that many votes since they had no competition on the ballot. But of course the reason there was no upward state opposition this go round is because the OG know they don't have the support of the alumni.

CR, the day will come when you have to answer for invoking God's name whenever it is convenient for you. I have to believe that He is not happy about being thrust into a conversation about some of the most godless people on earth, at least in the manner that you do.

You and your friends are surely salvageable, but first you will all need to confess your sins. Those confessions are going to take a long, long time.

Reactions: WeR0206 and mbahses
The 97% of living alumni who didn't bother to vote in the very recent trustee election suggest something entirely different.

Ha ... nice try. Based on statistics and the voting population represented by alum, I am 99% sure that this outcome is the outcome of the entire population with no more that a 1% margin of error. If you are so sure that there is an opposing side, why did they not run ?

What do you know? Let's start by seeing if you can get the correct total amount of Pegula's gift? Then, why don't you tell us just how large a "large portion" is?

It's approx. 12%. Why are you getting so angry about this? We are doing better now than we ever have. Is that a bad thing??

And I am sorry, I transposed numbers. It was ~$102 million.

Last edited:
It's approx. 12%. Why are you getting so angry about this? We are doing better now than we ever have. Is that a bad thing??

And I am sorry, I transposed numbers. It was ~$102 million.

I'm not angry. You just toss numbers around willy-nilly and make statements that have no foundation, which is why you will never be anything more than a glorified bookkeeper. And the portion of Pegula's gift that was designated for funding the hockey scholarships was part of the 2012 numbers.

I'm not angry. You just toss numbers around willy-nilly and make statements that have no foundation, which is why you will never be anything more than a glorified bookkeeper. And the portion of Pegula's gift that was designated for funding the hockey scholarships was part of the 2012 numbers.

Fair enough Art. I heard that 10-15% would go to the scholarships and that it hit right around the scandal. If I was off by a year, so be it. It doesn't change my intended point which was the strength of donations towards the endowment.

ADVERTISEMENT