ADVERTISEMENT

"How do you explain" to the kids from B1G teams

ButlerEagle

Jun 2, 2020
I must have heard this phrase a handful of times this weekend during the games in the announcements booth from the play by play guys .."How can you say it's ok for the rest of the nation to play but not us"...

This might end up being very sad.

Reactions: ChandlerPearce
I must have heard this phrase a handful of times this weekend during the games in the announcements booth from the play by play guys .."How can you say it's ok for the rest of the nation to play but not us"...

This might end up being very sad.

It simply not a good look for the B1G - not when other schools and conferences with fewer resources are playing. If the SEC/BigXII/ACC pull off their seasons, every B1G university president should resign.

“Kids, we care about you more than the conferences that are playing.”

🙄

One of my biggest questions in this matter is, IMO, a simple one.
Why did CFB not have one “medical team” to evaluate the power 5?
Having five different teams gets you five different conclusions. Opinions are like belly buttons, everyone has one.
I’m a retired 6th grade math teacher now a struggling packaging solutions salesman, so maybe, just maybe, I don’t get it.🤔

OL

One of my biggest questions in this matter is, IMO, a simple one.
Why did CFB not have one “medical team” to evaluate the power 5?
Having five different teams gets you five different conclusions. Opinions are like belly buttons, everyone has one.
I’m a retired 6th grade math teacher now a struggling packaging solutions salesman, so maybe, just maybe, I don’t get it.🤔

OL

Good question. I would imagine a lot of this goes back to not having any national guidance on this. I have read many times where college administrators saying they all had to come up with plans on their own for the regular students because they received no guidance. Which is why we have some schools sending kids home with <100 cases and others still in school with >1,000 cases.

A New Front in America’s Pandemic: College Towns
The coronavirus is spiking around campuses from Texas to Iowa to North Carolina as students return.
By Sarah Watson, Shawn Hubler, Danielle Ivory and Robert Gebeloff
  • Sept. 6, 2020, 3:00 a.m. ET

IOWA CITY, Iowa — Last month, facing a budget shortfall of at least $75 million because of the pandemic, the University of Iowa welcomed thousands of students back to its campus — and into the surrounding community...
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/06/...us-students.html?referringSource=articleShare
Shocking...as more people come back, there are more cases...wow, ground breaking stuff there. Basically, if we open up we will have more cases, plain and simple. So we either open up and accept more cases (whether people wear a mask or not) or we shut everything back down again. Those are the choices. I can’t believe people think we can open things back up and somehow the cases will go away.

A New Front in America’s Pandemic: College Towns
The coronavirus is spiking around campuses from Texas to Iowa to North Carolina as students return.
By Sarah Watson, Shawn Hubler, Danielle Ivory and Robert Gebeloff
  • Sept. 6, 2020, 3:00 a.m. ET

IOWA CITY, Iowa — Last month, facing a budget shortfall of at least $75 million because of the pandemic, the University of Iowa welcomed thousands of students back to its campus — and into the surrounding community...
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/06/...us-students.html?referringSource=articleShare

ASS. BEATING. o_O

Just didn’t want to miss the HYPE. TRAIN. o_O .

Shocking...as more people come back, there are more cases...wow, ground breaking stuff there. Basically, if we open up we will have more cases, plain and simple. So we either open up and accept more cases (whether people wear a mask or not) or we shut everything back down again. Those are the choices. I can’t believe people think we can open things back up and somehow the cases will go away.
Right because shutting everything down caused it to go away. In PA alone 87% of cases a

LOCKDOWN. o_O

STAY. HOME. o_O

It simply not a good look for the B1G - not when other schools and conferences with fewer resources are playing. If the SEC/BigXII/ACC pull off their seasons, every B1G university president should resign.
So then if players get sick and die, should those who chose to proceed face criminal charges?

You seem to want football so badly, why don’t you go back to school and walk on? I’m sure you’ve got 4 yrs of eligibility.

Get your ass out there and put it on the line. Hype Train.

This board has the biggest collection of whiners and complainers. Just deal with it...like everyone else.

Like everyone else in the acc, sec, and big xii.

Agree, but if someone gets sick enough to have long term complications or dies, I think there is a very good chance that the school is sued (regardless of whether it has merit).

I don’t disagree, but the chance is probably as good as or smaller than a kid dying in practice or suffering a career ending spinal injury.

Of course, my answer was with regards to criminal charges, not civil suits. I do think liability is the B1G’s biggest concern.

Reactions: brupsu
You seem to want football so badly, why don’t you go back to school and walk on? I’m sure you’ve got 4 yrs of eligibility.

Get your ass out there and put it on the line. Hype Train.

This board has the biggest collection of whiners and complainers. Just deal with it...like everyone else.

Why do you think he would have eligibility left? Once he set foot on campus back in the day, his eligibility clock started ticking, even if he never played sports.

Be great to see but snowballs chance of that

Not more cases. Just cases more quickly.

Cases are happening anyway. Just more slowly.

LdN

Reactions: Ski
I don’t disagree, but the chance is probably as good as or smaller than a kid dying in practice or suffering a career ending spinal injury.

Of course, my answer was with regards to criminal charges, not civil suits. I do think liability is the B1G’s biggest concern.

Chance of a civil suit? I think it's higher. How much higher I couldn't begin to estimate But any school playing football should be damned sure that it is taking every precaution imaginable.

Reactions: anon_xdc8rmuek44eq
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT