ADVERTISEMENT

How bout them Cowboys!!!

Chickenman Testa

Jan 4, 2003
Dink n’ Dak’s current stat line:

C/ATTYDSAVGTDINTSACKSRTG
13/221275.8123-1352.7

Now it’s time for him to throw for 150 yards in garbage time to fool people into overrating him again.

As Emmitt Smith would say, they are getting “debacled”

C/ATTYDSAVGTDINTSACKSRTG
13/221275.8123-1352.7

Now it’s time for him to throw for 150 yards in garbage time to fool people into overrating him again.

Never a bad weekend when the Cowboys, Longhorns, and Aggie’s all lose.

C/ATTYDSAVGTDINTSACKSRTG
13/221275.8123-1352.7

If SF stays healthy this season, they're probably going to win the Super Bowl; that team has no weaknesses, and the one position that some may have considered to be a weakness going into the season, qb, has turned into a strength.

Last edited:
49ers beat the first place team in the AFC North (Steelers) quite easily.

Two best teams by quite a bit seem to be Philly and SF.

Miami/Buffalo/Dallas seemingly behind the front 2. Cinci if they get healthy could be in the discussion.

Miami/Buffalo/Dallas seemingly behind the front 2. Cinci if they get healthy could be in the discussion.
Since they obtained McCaffrey, I believe that they've only lost two games, one of which was the very first game in which he played for them at KC and then the NFC Championship game when the 49ers basically ran out of healthy competent qbs. Also, since Purdy became their starting qb, they've only lost one game, and that was the NFC Championship game in which he got injured.

That team is as much of a machine as an NFL team can be; they score at least 30 points in almost every game. Right now, it appears as if the Eagles are the only team that possibly can match up with them physically, but I still would favor the 49ers in that game because they have more weapons than the Eagles do.

Since they obtained McCaffrey, I believe that they've only lost two games, one of which was the very first game in which he played for them at KC and then the NFC Championship game when the 49ers basically ran out of healthy competent qbs. Also, since Purdy became their starting qb, they've only lost one game, and that was the NFC Championship game in which he got injured.

That team is as much of a machine as an NFL team can be; they score at least 30 points in almost every game. Right now, it appears as if the Eagles are the only team that possibly can match up with them physically, but I still would favor the 49ers in that game because they have more weapons than the Eagles do.

Well said. I was particularly impressed with:

1. OL. Dallas DL looked like they were on skates at times when they ran the ball. Pass protection was very good too. At one point, Micah had 24 pass rushes and 1 hurry to his credit. One. WRs and TEs were open, and the screen game was called at great times.

2. Purdy. He's probably one of the physically least imposing QBs of the past 20 years, but he just seems to make good decisions and place the ball very well. He seems to be the glue to the entire offense. Outside of McCaffrey, none of their weapons are guys who show up anywhere and are instantly best in the league types, but together they all function very well.

Masterclass in offense vs Dallas last night, but Dallas is the Notre Dame of the NFL: anytime they do well, it gets vastly overrated until somebody humbles them.

3. Front 7. Big, physical, fast. They can stuff the run, they can rush the passer. Again, I think Dallas was overrated coming into this game (Dak isn't high level, Pollard is a change of pace back, Lamb might be a WR1, but with no other help he can be doubled out of games and then you have Dak throwing him the ball). Their box LBs are impressive and do so much well.

San Fran is probably #1 right now, but I think Dallas is fringe top 12 at best. This wasn't a #1 beating #3.

Reactions: The Spin Meister

Steelers might be the worst first place team in history lol...though Tampa is right there.

The Niners are the class of the NFL though right now. Eagles and maybe Detroit might be able to push them. The Rams might surprise a bit but not to that lee. Dallas has no shot. Buffalo KC and Miami could all come out of the AFC. No faith in anyone else unless Cincy gets things figured out. Jacksonville and Baltimore aren't legit. Nor are the Chargers.

As an Eagles fan I generally agree with this take. Very impressed with the Niners. But the Eagles can look just very good while they’re chewing up the clock - may not look fancy but they wear teams out with their running game.

But Brock Purdy! Guy had some prime Aaron Rodgers accuracy on some throws last night.

Reactions: lazydave841
As an Eagles fan I generally agree with this take. Very impressed with the Niners. But the Eagles can look just very good while they’re chewing up the clock - may not look fancy but they wear teams out with their running game.

But Brock Purdy! Guy had some prime Aaron Rodgers accuracy on some throws last night.
It's not fair to Purdy but there some Brady similarities with his game. He doesn't make big mistakes, his demeanor rarely changes, doesn't have the biggest arm but is deadly accurate. I know he's surrounded by studs but the Niners got a good one with him. Always liked him in college but thought his ceiling was a backup...max. Way off on that one.

Reactions: donm
It's not fair to Purdy but there some Brady similarities with his game. He doesn't make big mistakes, his demeanor rarely changes, doesn't have the biggest arm but is deadly accurate. I know he's surrounded by studs but the Niners got a good one with him. Always liked him in college but thought his ceiling was a backup...max. Way off on that one.
What really sucks is that the he was THE last pick in the 2022 draft whereas Pickett was a first round pick, and the performances of the two couldn't be more disparate. It also helps when you're coached by maybe the best head coach in the NFL; just look at his coaching tree already.

Last edited:
Reactions: LandoComando
One freaky throw he made was that long crossing route with the defender on his receiver like glue. It was called back for holding, but was an insane throw.

Hah - you couldn’t have been more way off on him than I was on Ryan Leaf. Watched him a lot, including when he single-handedly almost beat Michigan in 97. Thought he was destined for greatness - fell in love with his arm

One freaky throw he made was that long crossing route with the defender on his receiver like glue. It was called back for holding, but was an insane throw.

Hah - you couldn’t have been more way off on him than I was on Ryan Leaf. Watched him a lot, including when he single-handedly almost beat Michigan in 97. Thought he was destined for greatness - fell in love with his arm

Lol I think we all have some guys like that. Joey Harrington and Kyle Boller are two that stand out to me. Never trusted a Pac XII QB after them and Leaf.

Jevan Snead (RIP) was a kid I thought the states completely missed on when he went undrafted. Now I understand the mental issues behind it but I was convinced when he was at Ole Miss he should to in the third and gad elite potential. So very wrong lol

The only thing that made Dak somewhat dangerous was his running ability. Since his injury, he's probably in the bottom 3rd of starting NFL QBs.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT