ADVERTISEMENT

Here we go again.. LeBron opts out

Says he will re-sign with Cleveland, BUT will wait to see how the teams FA goes first.

What a drama queen.
This was expected. The salary cap is going up and he will have a chance to get more money. He intends to stay in Cleveland.

This was expected. The salary cap is going up and he will have a chance to get more money. He intends to stay in Cleveland.

If he is so staying in Cleveland, why not sign now, why wait so we get 24/7 LeBron coverage.

The guy is a great player, but a total attention hound and drama queen.

This is part of why I stopped caring about the NBA. It is a league about a few superstars and not nearly the intensity of a NCAA tournament run. I don't give a rats ass about Lebron or what he ate for breakfast today. Where is the team in this league? It is me, me, me...

How much money does he need? If he keeps getting more, it makes it harder to build a good team around him.

Reactions: 71camaro
Dude is insufferable. If it is all about the team and winning, he wouldn't opt out to get more money, he'd restructure and give the team the ability to build a winner. It's Cleveland, not a place that'll draw free agents without a guy like Lebron on the roster.

He said he was going to do this from day one. He signed a one and one when he came back.. He will sign another. He is waiting to sign late because if he signs now, Cavs can't go over the cap to sign a FA. If they sign a FA, then him, they can go over the cap. In addition, the cap is expected to go up ny over 30% next year. All of the stars are possitioning themselves for the 2017 payday.

LBJ will be a Cav next year, and so will be Love. Count on it.

Reactions: LionJim
He said he was going to do this from day one. He signed a one and one when he came back.. He will sign another. He is waiting to sign late because if he signs now, Cavs can't go over the cap to sign a FA. If they sign a FA, then him, they can go over the cap. In addition, the cap is expected to go up ny over 30% next year. All of the stars are possitioning themselves for the 2017 payday.

LBJ will be a Cav next year, and so will be Love. Count on it.

And Carlos Boozer wasn't going any where either in 2004. This is Cleveland, it wouldn't surprise if they get Boozer back and lose Lebron this time.

And Carlos Boozer wasn't going any where either in 2004. This is Cleveland, it wouldn't surprise if they get Boozer back and lose Lebron this time.

James has already said he is returning. This is the media hyping this for ratings. Trust me on this one.

James has made at least three public statements on this. He must be shaking his head..

Reactions: Ten Thousan Marbles
Hey,

Those Kia900's he likes aren't cheap! Well maybe they are, but Lebron should be able to purchase as many of those POS' as he chooses.

If he is so staying in Cleveland, why not sign now, why wait so we get 24/7 LeBron coverage.

The guy is a great player, but a total attention hound and drama queen.

Not eligible to sign until Wednesday @ midnight. He probably will shortly thereafter.

This is much ado about nothing. He'll sign with CLE, but this is just a move to maximize his earnings - which he's absolutely earned given his performance this year. One of the things I admire the most about the NBA is the bargaining power and earning power the talent has, and LeBron rightfully takes full advantage. Why wouldn't he?

Sixers need a guard. Lebron immediately assuming health of Embid (sp) make us contenders with two other good role players we can pick up or trade for.

100% correct. Those that are acting as though this is drama, or an attention grab, by LeBron were not paying attention when he signed, and what he's said over the past year.

Sixers need a guard. Lebron immediately assuming health of Embid (sp) make us contenders with two other good role players we can pick up or trade for.

I fear you're being serious. Forget about LeBron for a minute. The Sixers have:

- a center, Embiid, who has never played a minute in the NBA, and whose status is questionable due to the issue with his foot
- another center, Okafor, who has never played a minute in the NBA, and who has some offensive skills but limited defensive skills
- a PF, Noel, who has good defensive skills, but limited offensive skills

outside of that, they have a few role players, but not much that any contending team would want to acquire to put in their starting lineup.

The Sixers have a lot of cap space, but they are not attractive to FAs, as they are a few years away (at best) from contending for the playoffs.

LeBron is an amazing player, and nearly carried the Cavs to the title this year. Had the Cavs not been hit so hard by injuries, they may have defeated the Warriors. LeBron wants to win a championship. Does he have a better chance of doing so with the Sixers, or with the Cavs? It shouldn't take you too long to answer that.

While signing LeBron might might the Sixers more attractive to other FAs, LeBron and a FA are unlikely to win a championship with the Sixers. As such, LeBron would not even consider the Sixers.

James has already said he is returning. This is the media hyping this for ratings. Trust me on this one.

James has made at least three public statements on this. He must be shaking his head..
You are correct. All it would have taken anybody was a google search of less than 3 minutes to find out what the strategy here is. For those that have not done that yet: this is going to happen next year and likely the year after as well, because it is in the best interest of all parties. And, Lebron is not going anywhere.

You are correct. All it would have taken anybody was a google search of less than 3 minutes to find out what the strategy here is. For those that have not done that yet: this is going to happen next year and likely the year after as well, because it is in the best interest of all parties. And, Lebron is not going anywhere.

Why would he say "He is going to WAIT to see how Cleveland's FA goes through the first weeks of July"

Sounds like it isn't a sure thing he will resign if Cleveland does nothing the first few weeks of July.

This is part of why I stopped caring about the NBA. It is a league about a few superstars and not nearly the intensity of a NCAA tournament run. I don't give a rats ass about Lebron or what he ate for breakfast today. Where is the team in this league? It is me, me, me...

Lol. You're joking right? Your blind opinions aren't needed if you don't watch. This year's NBA playoffs were pretty ridiculous. Buzzer beaters everywhere. The first two games of the finals went into overtime. Some people said this nba playoffs rivaled march madness, if not eclipsed it.

Why would he say "He is going to WAIT to see how Cleveland's FA goes through the first weeks of July"

Sounds like it isn't a sure thing he will resign if Cleveland does nothing the first few weeks of July.

That's the way the press is reporting it...so that it creates interest and attracts eyeballs.

Go read up on the Larry Bird rule. its complex, but ostensibly, the Cavs can exceed the salary cap to resign James. However, they cannot exceed the cap to sign a non-Cav free-agent. So they can sign a guy like D-Wade (not saying they are, just an example) while under the cap (because they don't have Love's or Jame's contract). Then, once D-Wade is in the fold, they can then exceed the cap to retail James and Love.

So the idea is to sign FA's, then come back and sign James and Love. Of course, anything can happen, but both players have said that they are going to sign with CLE on several occasions. People point to Boozer, but that was a different case. Boozer was a restricted FA so the Cavs could match any offer but were limited in how long of a contract he could sign. Cavs wanted a long term deal so they agreed, verbally, to not offer Boozer (which is illegal under NBA rules, to have a side agreement). Once Boozer his the market, they were shocked at the dollar amounts coming their way. So they reneged on the deal, after the restricted FA signing time expired, as signed with Utah. I agree, in the old days, people didn't want to play here. But people now want to play here because the chances are high they they'll win a ring. And, being CLE, they won't ever have to pay for dinner in this city for as long as they live.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT