ADVERTISEMENT

Help me out. What's going on at Illinois?

PennStateNate

Feb 2, 2014
Heard a big report is coming out from their Women's Basketball team and Football team.

Could be very big.

Heard a big report is coming out from their Women's Basketball team and Football team.

Could be very big.

Since its women's bball, I only read the headline but a few days ago there was talk that the women's ball coach at Illinois was supposedly racist in how he treated and trained black vs white players. I have no idea how true it is verses just a 'ratings grabber' charge.

The allegations against the women's basketball coach are pretty explosive; there was a deadspin article quoting the players' complaints a few weeks ago. With football, my guess is it's related to the former player's very public complaints about the way Tim Beckman runs the program on Twitter a month or two ago.

Story breaks today at 4:00, courtesy of none other than...

Good God. If Ganim is the "investigative reporter" then you can just about guarantee this will be a hit piece on Illinois. Whatever someone alleges will be treated as true. The coaches will be treated as guilty. I will be shocked if Ganim really looks into the allegations to see if true or not as opposed to just being a loudspeaker to shout charges from. I mean, if anyone has inside sources and contacts at Illinois its Ganim......right? :(

Last edited:
Good God. If Ganim is the "investigative reporter" then you can just about guarantee this will be a hit piece on Illinois. Whatever someone alleges will be treated as true. The coaches will be treated as guilty. I will be shocked if Ganim really looks into the allegations to see if true or not as opposed to just being a loudspeaker to shout charges from. I mean, if anyone has inside sources and contacts at Illinois its Ganim......right? ;(

Ugh. Meanwhile I just listened to her an hour ago in her man voice talk about sex with Bill Cosby

Can't believe Beckman is guilty of anything but being a $hitty coach, still sick we lost to them this year, an epic embarrassment.

Reactions: BBrown
Can't believe Beckman is guilty of anything but being a $hitty coach, still sick we lost to them this year, an epic embarrassment.

I think the first clue that this is a hit piece is that they are apparently going to discuss the women's bball and men's football coaches together. If there's an issue with 1 then fine do the story on them but when they begin to lump coaches together I begin to think hit piece on Illinois or generic evil "college coaches". (As a side note- how many times do you think she drops the Paterno or Penn State names in the story?)

Reactions: 71camaro
Hey, if this means that Beckman's in hot water, I'm all for it. I've been waiting to toast to his firing.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT