ADVERTISEMENT

happy D-Day Anniversary

A local man who was a friend of my father's just passed away at 99. I knew him as a TV repairman and the owner of our local par 3 and driving range golf facility. The par 3 was lighted so that you could play at night.
I read his obituary and saw that he stormed the beach at Normandy, was on the Battle Ship Nevada and fought at Iwo Jima. Was awarded the purple heart and other medals.
You would have never known these things about him. My father never said a thing to me about it.

Last edited:
Obie,
A funny story for you. When I was a kid, my dad would take our family on a vacation to a motel called Ro Ho Cho.
It had a swimming pool which was always a great thing to have on a vacation. I grew up in Hickory Township, Now Hermitage, next to Sharon. I always thought that the motel was really far away, and we were going on a fabulous trip for our vacation. Many, many years later I found out that Ro Ho Cho was in Meadville.

Obie,
A funny story for you. When I was a kid, my dad would take our family on a vacation to a motel called Ro Ho Cho.
It had a swimming pool which was always a great thing to have on a vacation. I grew up in Hickory Township, Now Hermitage, next to Sharon. I always thought that the motel was really far away, and we were going on a fabulous trip for our vacation. Many, many years later I found out that Ro Ho Cho was in Meadville.
That is funny. As kids, we only know our reality. My wife says that a kid playing with a stick in mud in the Congo is as happy as a kid with a new PlayStation because that is their reality. Your reality was the Ro Ho Cho Club Hotel.

That is funny. As kids, we only know our reality. My wife says that a kid playing with a stick in mud in the Congo is as happy as a kid with a new PlayStation because that is their reality. Your reality was the Ro Ho Cho Club Hotel.
You ought to know the place, correct?

You ought to know the place, correct?
I do not. I am familiar with the area but not that Hotel. Back in the day, anything oriental Asian, would have been quite exotic.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT