ADVERTISEMENT

Good Article Previewing Lee vs. Fix Today in Cadet World Team Trials

Fix had an incredible performance in Vegas a few weeks ago, I don't think we will see the same match as we did in the 2013 match. Can't wait

Fix with a comeback from 4-0 to win 5-5 (criteria)

I just went to mat 9 when they raised fix hand, do you know what happened? I wish I would not have missed that, I believe it was only match 1 and it is best out of three, right... do you know will match 2 also be on mat 9?

I believe it was only match 1 and it is best out of three, right... do you know will match 2 also be on mat 9?

Yes, it's best of 3.

The 2nd match will be on Mat 9. For future reference, it's always best to have another window open so you can follow where the upcoming matches are. TrackWrestlng is covering the 2015 UWW Cadet & University Nationals, so you can follow on there where future matches will be held.

Tom

Reactions: obrats
Yes, it's best of 3.

The 2nd match will be on Mat 9. For future reference, it's always best to have another window open so you can follow where the upcoming matches are. TrackWrestlng is covering the 2015 UWW Cadet & University Nationals, so you can follow on there where future matches will be held.

Tom
thanks tom

Mr. T pities the fools who have to wrestle Spencer Lee this year.

Jefe,

Who has primarily been working with/coaching Fix the last year? He's taken his skill next level it seems

While I am sure Fix has spent some time in the Okie St room training, Daton's dad is his Coach. He is in his corner for all his matches and may be his HS coach as well.

While I am sure Fix has spent some time in the Okie St room training, Daton's dad is his Coach. He is in his corner for all his matches and may be his HS coach as well.
Hardell Moore (Oklahoma Wrestling Academy) has also spent a lot of time with Daton Fix

Speaking of staying off Twitter, I need to lay off that site as well. Many great wrestling fans on the Flo site, but a few who were too vocal about Fix not being worthy to even be on the mat with Lee. It's disrespectful to both young men, who have been nothing but great competitors.

Speaking of staying off Twitter, I need to lay off that site as well. Many great wrestling fans on the Flo site, but a few who were too vocal about Fix not being worthy to even be on the mat with Lee. It's disrespectful to both young men, who have been nothing but great competitors.
Twitter definitely has its uses - especially to help read the recruiting tea leaves, but it's another convenient outlet for many people striving to be the lowest common denominator. Granted, not as bad as an unmoderated YouTube comment section.

as an aside - Gable Stevenson! Holy hell!

Hardell Moore (Oklahoma Wrestling Academy) has also spent a lot of time with Daton Fix
Didn't Hardell's nephews head to West Virginia to wrestle for Sammy? Maybe this is a good sign for Oklahoma kids leaving the state for other programs?

Keegan and Zachary Moore are headed to West Virginny. Keegan was pretty highly sought after. Their relation to Hardell, IDK. Marcus Simmons is headed to Iowa State. Staying in-conference might have made things easier for them to leave the state.

Then again, none of them went to Stillwater High. We all know that = committing to Smith.

Oklahoma kids have gone elsewhere before. I'm pretty sure Penn's recent heavy Kyle Cowan was a top-rated Oklahoma wrestler. I think Wyoming has gotten a few before. And of course Mark Perry ...

I think I have only posted twice on this board as I rarely post on any board other than Oklahoma State but I feel I owe all of you an apology. I was told (incorrectly) that posters on this board were making negative comments about the fix/Lee match and making excuses for Lee etc. Chickenman Testa correctly pointed out that those comments did not come from this board and indeed they did not. I sincerely apologize for maligning Penn State fans on the OSU board. I will investigate before saying anything in the future. Both Fix and Lee are great wrestlers as you have acknowledged on this board.

I think I have only posted twice on this board as I rarely post on any board other than Oklahoma State but I feel I owe all of you an apology. I was told (incorrectly) that posters on this board were making negative comments about the fix/Lee match and making excuses for Lee etc. Chickenman Testa correctly pointed out that those comments did not come from this board and indeed they did not. I sincerely apologize for maligning Penn State fans on the OSU board. I will investigate before saying anything in the future. Both Fix and Lee are great wrestlers as you have acknowledged on this board.
Great post - you're welcome here any time to join the discussion. It's good for outsiders to post so as to defuse groupthink.

I'm a huge Lee backer, so I'm surprised I'm not acting like a baby. Anyway, hope these 2 battle again soon

I believe Fix projects as 125, but he still has a few years left until then. As far as the Moores and Simmons go, some of the oklahoma kids were most likely going to go out of state. I don't know what any of the recruitment was, but between all the highly regarded kids around the same weights and only 2 in state options there weren't enough spots left. Hardell is their uncle.
As far as the moving to stillwater thing I think it just books down to families wanting to be able to watch their kids wrestle and keeping them together. The only outlier with that is Tristan Moran, not sure of the whole story with him.

Watched alot of guys from the Oklahoma Wrestling Academy at Flonationals. I was impressed with the overall quality and the quantity of the guys representing OWA. I thought maybe the Academy in Oklahoma was equivelant to Young Guns in Western, Pa.

Thanks Tom. That was an awesome match. I want BOTH of those guys.

Agree on both points.

Just an awesome match. Spencer looked like a TD machine in the 1st period. Unfortunate that he couldn't turn Daton. Fix was a completely different wrestler in the 2nd period.

Hard for any fan or coach to not want both of these guys on their team. Plus they look as though they will end up at different weight classes in college, which makes it easier to accommodate both on any roster.

So do the coaches.

It will be interesting to see what happens between Fix and PSU. I've pretty much avoided the speculation, in part 'cause I just did not see Fix leaving the state of OK. It's becoming more apparent that he's at least considering the option.

just wanted to comment on OWA and Hardell Moore. The guy is complete class and a great person. Heckuva coach, no doubt. One of the best guys i've met in wrestling.

ADVERTISEMENT