ADVERTISEMENT

gift ideas

Obliviax

Aug 21, 2001
amazon has their smart thermostat on sale for $48. Echo Dot and Echo Dot (larger) on sale for $20 with the newer/larger one (better sound) for $30. This Thermostat isn't quite as good as a nest or ecobee but is pretty darn good and will lower your energy bills ASAP.

images

Last edited:
I installed one last week with the C wire adapter. It took about an hour. Not too bad. Not the greatest smart thermostat, but it is nice to be able to adjust the temp while away from the house. Some of the intuitive features are a bit odd which I haven't bothered to enable. Also, it supposedly has issues with homes with multiple thermostats.

Reactions: Obliviax
I have a Nest learning Thermostat. My wife absolutely hates the thing. If you’re searching for the perfect gift to piss off your spouse? Get a Nest.
Agreed. To your and @PSU Lion 2000 s post, I find the high end features a challenge to set up and manage. But I like the ability to just tell the thing to increase or decrease the temperature. I also like the idea of being able to turn it up or down, remotely, on your phone app. Other than that, I just want it to be a thermostat.

Reactions: PSU Lion 2000
Those sound like some great deals on smart home devices. A smart thermostat can definitely help save on energy bills, and the Echo Dot is always a handy gadget to have around. If you're looking for gift ideas, these could be perfect for someone who's into tech or looking to upgrade their home setup.If you're still stuck for ideas, I usually go for personalized jewelry when I can't think of anything else. It adds a thoughtful touch and can be a really special gift. Just a little something to consider if you're looking for a unique gift idea.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT