ADVERTISEMENT

FYI on PSU Tickets/Experiences through the AA Credit Card--New Ones Are Up

kgilbert78

Apr 9, 2013
As many of you may know, if you carry the Alumni Association credit card, you earn points that may be used for what they call "Ultimate Access"--which does include football tickets and other experiences. We've used it for tickets int he past and did the "pre-game access" which lets you watch pregame and warmups from the sideline (for the tOSU game in 2012). You can also get memorabilia like a game used football and even (still!) a JoePa autographed football. The reason I am mentioning this now is *not* to sell the card but to let folks know that the opportunities for the 2015 season are up, if you already have the card. Unfortunately, the "prices" have gone up too. The pre-game experience is now 100,000 points (it was 25,000, as I recall), while the tickets are now 22,000-30,000 per pair depending on the game (I think they were 15,000).

I'd been considering dropping my card due to the recent shenanigans with Alumni Council, but was waiting until I could use my last reward points. But with the new prices, I'll be waiting a bit--unless I use my points for something else.

Is it $1 per point? 100,000 for a sideline experience better include a reach around.

Is it $1 per point?.

Yes. I don't think you will get many takers at 100K points--if you have an airline card, that's 1.5 trips to Europe. It was a lot of fun at 25K points, however. Wish I'd done it when Joe was still alive.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT