ADVERTISEMENT

Future will tell, but looking at the roster and B10 its a shame Deon Barnes didn't stay............

Mr. Potter

Dec 27, 2004
one more year he could have really dominated and been one of the top DE's in the draft / Hybrid OLB rusher. Wish him nothing but the best.

I dunno. I think he kinda is what he is. Looks like to me he was through playing college ball, and figured he'd go get paid, and if not, then go do something else.

Barring growing 2 inches and/or adding 20lbs of muscle and/or getting a half second faster in the 40, I'm not sure his pro chances would have changed all that much.

I guess he just had enough of college football.

Barring growing 2 inches and/or adding 20lbs of muscle and/or getting a half second faster in the 40, I'm not sure his pro chances would have changed all that much.

I guess he just had enough of college football.
Maybe, but he had better production this season than last. Again time will tell

There is insurance for that risk

Getting a "loss of value" policy with a draft evaluation of "return to school" is not the easiest thing to do and a claimant would likely have to prove total disability to collect.

There's no way Barnes would've been one of the top DEs, and he doesn't have the athletic ability to play OLB.

I dunno. I think he kinda is what he is. Looks like to me he was through playing college ball, and figured he'd go get paid, and if not, then go do something else.

Yeah, I think those guys that stayed with the program during the last few years went through a lot -- 3 different coaching staffs, sanctions, decisions about whether to go or stay, bad publicity about their university, shortage of depth, etc. etc.

It was like dog years; 4 years certainly must have seemed longer. To Mr. Barnes, Jesse James, and others -- thanks for hanging in there for the time you did; good luck on your future ventures.

ADVERTISEMENT