ADVERTISEMENT

Former Penn Stater watching his pennies

Another good story from him. When I was at colts training camp, all the players, even the FAs had huge new trucks. About half didn't make it through camp. This is when gas was 3.75 even in the Midwest. Nobody paid any attention at the rookie symposium.

From what I remember, he was an underrated OL prospect on the light side that fit Joe's character preferences who grew into a football player.

I don't understand why more people aren't like this with their money. How can you enjoy spending money that you may not end up getting because it's not guaranteed?

Some people come to the realization later in life that it's dumb to be wasteful with money but it's unusual seeing it in a guy that young. Ten years from now, and onwards for the next 50 years, he's going to be better off financially than his teammates that piss away big money on expensive cars and jewelry and whatnot.

I don't understand why more people aren't like this with their money. How can you enjoy spending money that you may not end up getting because it's not guaranteed?

Some people come to the realization later in life that it's dumb to be wasteful with money but it's unusual seeing it in a guy that young. Ten years from now, and onwards for the next 50 years, he's going to be better off financially than his teammates that piss away big money on expensive cars and jewelry and whatnot.

Well said.

The leadership at this university, from the President and BOT to Sandy Barbour, would profit by John's example.

the reason? A lot guys feel they never had anything anyway, so why not enjoy it now?? A lot guys know people who were killed, died at a young age, so what good is money at that point??
So if I have it now, I spend it now. It cant get any worse for them from where they came, so enjoy it!! That's how some people feel!!
I remember on Hard knocks, Tony Sirgusa (sp?) renting a helicopter to fly to the beach for the weekend, as he didn't want to waste time in traffic. Oh well 'Wall-Streeter's' do it all the time!

ADVERTISEMENT