ADVERTISEMENT

Foley's Friday Mailbag for 6/19/15 ...

some mentions of DT and Ruth, and CS is mentioned in a question.

CLICK HERE to access the Mailbag.

Jordan Burrough's tweet was really stupid. He, 4 days ago, tweeted "I've represented the USA at 74 Kg, with the utmost class, respect, and dominance since 2011. Shame on anyone who rooted against me today"

Foley's defense of that tweet is even stupider (yes, stupider).

What is stupid about the tweet?
Burroughs tooting his own horn.
Burroughs mad at fans of other wrestlers (Dake, Taylor)
Burroughs feeling like we are "shameful" if we root for another American against him in an American tournament
Burroughs calling out the fans publicly (never a smart idea)

Is he trying to be a heel? Maybe he wants some professional wrestling in the future? Where in the world would he come off thinking that his opponents aren't allowed to have fans, or that the fans can't root for his opponents? huh?

I might understand such a stance if this was the Olympics, and we were rooting for some foreigner (whose name I couldn't even pronounce) against him.

The tweet didn't surprise me, dominant athletes are often arrogant (Canseco, Iverson, LeBron, Jordan, etc).

But Foley's defense of the tweet is pitiful. Pathetic.

Jordan Burrough's tweet was really stupid. He, 4 days ago, tweeted "I've represented the USA at 74 Kg, with the utmost class, respect, and dominance since 2011. Shame on anyone who rooted against me today"

Foley's defense of that tweet is even stupider (yes, stupider).

What is stupid about the tweet?
Burroughs tooting his own horn.
Burroughs mad at fans of other wrestlers (Dake, Taylor)
Burroughs feeling like we are "shameful" if we root for another American against him in an American tournament
Burroughs calling out the fans publicly (never a smart idea)

Is he trying to be a heel? Maybe he wants some professional wrestling in the future? Where in the world would he come off thinking that his opponents aren't allowed to have fans, or that the fans can't root for his opponents? huh?

I might understand such a stance if this was the Olympics, and we were rooting for some foreigner (whose name I couldn't even pronounce) against him.

The tweet didn't surprise me, dominant athletes are often arrogant (Canseco, Iverson, LeBron, Jordan, etc).

But Foley's defense of the tweet is pitiful. Pathetic.
You don't know the ANSWER!!!
In the thread about the tweet on themat someone compared JB to Kanye so I thought this was appropriate (cracks me up every time):

You don't know the ANSWER!!!
In the thread about the tweet on themat someone compared JB to Kanye so I thought this was appropriate (cracks me up every time):
Haha! I had to walk out on the hall to listen. I love him shaking with rage at 28 sec when he says "How Sway!"

He brings in the references from all over - Harriet Tubman and the French Revolution in the same sentence.

As for JB, whatever. He blew off steam. But God did he murder Dake in the 2nd match. That was a statement

You'd have to follow the trolls who were going after Burroughs to know what he was responding to. I don't think he was talking about DT or KD "fans" but you know how people are these days, they'll create online accounts just to screw with people and do nothing of substance.

That's how I viewed it. Guy does things the right way and people pop off with some triflin' stuff -- you guys have seen the way I go after hateful people. He just did it a different way. Just my thoughts on it. I think people are wanting to read way too much into it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT