ADVERTISEMENT

FC/OT: pitt's boyd enters first-time offenders program

He chose to go to Pitt, is a top college player, and will make millions in the NFL. I wish I made poor decisions like that. Panda, you will never say anything good about Pitt, so your bias is too strong to counter on here. Have a good day.

He was able to accomplish all of that in spite of Pitt. Just imagine what he could have done elsewhere! Too bad he wasn't able to catch that ball in the bowl game, that hit him in the hands, while he was wide open. He could have saved Pitt from the most humiliating loss in bowl history, a losing season, and possibly saved the coaches job... whoever Pitt's coach was that week.

I knew I would be able to draw you out... now respond to my other post!

I'm not surprised he chose to turn tail and run away. Most people know the truth, some just don't want to admit it... so it's easier to just not respond. Also, he can't honestly believe Wanny was fired because of the player troubles. A quick google search will tell you that Wanny was fired for mediocre records and lack of a BCS bowl. He doesn't realize that if a school that nobody cares about like Pitt is in the news... it's really bad. When schools like PSU get in the news, many times it is for ratings.
I didn't run, I just don't want to get into a back-and-forth on a rival message board regarding the other team. You guys are loyal to PSU, will believe in the positives, and deny the negatives. I respect your loyalty. I enjoy the info over here regarding recruiting and college football, but only respond to defend Pitt when I feel the perceptions or facts are twisted. I have no intention of countering what you believe about PSU, and ticking you off. I have discussed the scandal issue with PSU friends over a period of time, and we see each other's side of beliefs. I don't feel a need to go through it again with people I don't know. For the record, In a nutshell, I believe Sandusky abused kids over a period of time, some staff and admin knew or were at least suspicious, yet allowed him access to the Lasch Bldg. Had they not allowed that or reported earlier suspicions, the abuse would not have occurred on PSU's campus. In that case, PSU would have been accountable and did what they could, and no sanctions would have occurred. We may never know exactly what happened since 1998, since, as we all know, the justice system isn't fool-proof, nor does it necessarily expose all truths. I know you disagree on all this, and that is ok. Have a good one.

The kid has shown a poor track record for decision making. First he actually chose to go to Pitt, despite all available data. Then he chose to get behind the wheel while intoxicated.

Honestly, after what we went through, I am shocked some still rip other programs. Boyd seems like a talented kid who made a mistake. I hope he gets the help he needs.

He was able to accomplish all of that in spite of Pitt. Just imagine what he could have done elsewhere! Too bad he wasn't able to catch that ball in the bowl game, that hit him in the hands, while he was wide open. He could have saved Pitt from the most humiliating loss in bowl history, a losing season, and possibly saved the coaches job... whoever Pitt's coach was that week.

I knew I would be able to draw you out... now respond to my other post!
Wow, rip a kid as accomplished as he is, for one drop! Be proud. I did respond, it is in your quote in my post above.

He chose to go to Pitt, is a top college player, and will make millions in the NFL. I wish I made poor decisions like that. Panda, you will never say anything good about Pitt, so your bias is too strong to counter on here. Have a good day.

If it were that easy, how come other good recruits don't seem to want to follow in his footsteps?

Boyd's a great player, no doubt, and as a Pittsburgh native it will be good to see him do well in the NFL. Pitt's problem is that nearly all of their good players are local kids who stay home. They can't get the studs from outside of western Pennsylvania, and there aren't enough studs left to sustain them, particularly after JF takes a number of the best ones. If Boyd is from Ohio or NJ, no way he ends up at Pitt. This in a nutshell is why Pitt football is circling the drain.

Wow, rip a kid as accomplished as he is, for one drop! Be proud. I did respond, it is in your quote in my post above.

You conveniently ignored most of my questions, I've requoted them below for your convenience. The only question you sorta answered was "What specific "wrongdoing" occurred?" I don't disagree on all of what you believe, but most of your facts are distorted. That is why the rest of the questions I posed are important. Some of the things you believe just don't make sense and are biased by your present day knowledge of the case. I do believe he abused kids over time, but I don't believe any of that abuse occurred on campus. It just doesn't make sense for someone to commit crimes like that in public. I'd love to hear your explanation on why you think the admins were suspicious of his behavior, despite the fact that he was cleared by professionals in 1998 after an off-campus incident? There were no other incidents until 2001, so what earlier incidents do you refer to? How in the world can you think that people knew or were at least suspicious? The report from the 2001 incident was vague, yet still properly reported via school policy, NCAA guideline, and state law. (The victim from the shower is on the record stating no abuse occurred that night.) Paterno was never charged with a crime, only praised by the AG, and later cleared by the lead prosecutor. No PSU admin has been convicted of anything, and likely never will be. The NCAA had no leg to stand on and removed all sanctions.

Then enlighten us, why did the NCAA reverse course? What specific "wrongdoing" occurred? Who at PSU has been convicted of any crimes? Why did Frank Fina clear Paterno? Why did Linda Kelly (the AG) praise Paterno for his actions? Why does Bob Costas disagree with you, are you smarter than him? What source are you basing your opinion on? If it is Freeh, how do you ignore all the other botched (FIFA, Jewell, etc) investigations?

GT is not going to man up and answer you here. He's too busy lashing against all things PSU over on the Lair, with the 8 other twits who post over there.

Honestly, after what we went through, I am shocked some still rip other programs. Boyd seems like a talented kid who made a mistake. I hope he gets the help he needs.
Drinking and driving is a serious offense! First time means nothing. What would be the discussion if he killed an innocent person or God forbid a family. Narduzzi should send a strong message and suspend him for several games! Want more evidence,ask anyone who lost loved ones to a drunk driver.

Wow, rip a kid as accomplished as he is, for one drop! Be proud. I did respond, but for some reason, it didn't post. Maybe because I responded to your two at one time.
GT is not going to man up and answer you here. He's too busy lashing against all things PSU over on the Lair, with the 8 other twits who post over there.
I only post over there about Penn St when it gets absurd over here, and the demeaning of Pitt becomes over the top. As I said many times here, I have neighbors and good friends who are great PSU fans, and we have rational discussions, and they will tell you I am very reasonable and fair in my assessments of Penn St (but they are too regarding Pitt). But, even though there are reasonable posters here, some are just so extreme and irrational that they deserve a response. The thread you are speaking of was posted because it just made me laugh. BTW, Captain Sydney and Crazy Paco often give some insight on the scandal situation that is thought-provoking, and PSU fans don't 'man up' to him either.

It's all in the eye of the beholder. I don't mind Captain Sydney, but Crazy Paco is just plain crazy, and if you consider what he posts to be "thought-provoking", then that goes a long ways towards explaining the divide between the two fanbases. He comes across as someone who is incarcerated.

Reactions: pandaczar12
I only post over there about Penn St when it gets absurd over here, and the demeaning of Pitt becomes over the top. As I said many times here, I have neighbors and good friends who are great PSU fans, and we have rational discussions, and they will tell you I am very reasonable and fair in my assessments of Penn St (but they are too regarding Pitt). But, even though there are reasonable posters here, some are just so extreme and irrational that they deserve a response. The thread you are speaking of was posted because it just made me laugh. BTW, Captain Sydney and Crazy Paco often give some insight on the scandal situation that is thought-provoking, and PSU fans don't 'man up' to him either.

What you don't seem to get is that most on the lair are batsh!t crazy, and actually believe what they post. We are simply making fun of them. We don't actually believe the irrational things we post, we generally just apply lair-speak right back at Pitt. I thought that was pretty obvious.

Most Pitt posters are free to post on BWI, we do not get the same courtesy on the lair. We are all banned for just showing up. So it's impossible to refute their BS, which is EXACTLY what they want. I did not respond to a thread started by either of those morons, so I don't have "man up" to anyone. You on the other hand did respond to a thread where you opinion was not solicited. I am fully open to your point of view, which I've tried to understand with probing questions, but you won't answer them. You won't answer because you either can't, or you don't want to admit we are right. At the very minimum I hope you've learned that you don't know what you think you know, and thus shouldn't have an opinion on the Second Mile/Sandusky case.

I would most certainly classify myself as "reasonable." You don't want to know what I really think of Pitt.

What you don't seem to get is that most on the lair are batsh!t crazy, and actually believe what they post. We are simply making fun of them. We don't actually believe the irrational things we post, we generally just apply lair-speak right back at Pitt. I thought that was pretty obvious.

Most Pitt posters are free to post on BWI, we do not get the same courtesy on the lair. We are all banned for just showing up. So it's impossible to refute their BS, which is EXACTLY what they want. I did not respond to a thread started by either of those morons, so I don't have "man up" to anyone. You on the other hand did respond to a thread where you opinion was not solicited. I am fully open to your point of view, which I've tried to understand with probing questions, but you won't answer them. You won't answer because you either can't, or you don't want to admit we are right. At the very minimum I hope you've learned that you don't know what you think you know, and thus shouldn't have an opinion on the Second Mile/Sandusky case.
Ok, I'll bite. Firstly, many Pitt posters get banned over here as soon as they criticize Penn St. Chris Peak, the main man over there only bans the 'extreme' PSU posters. The complaint over there is the same as yours. Next, If you want answers, ask those 'morons' and they'll give you all you want and more. They know much more than I do. I'm not always looking for answers, I can confide in my friends if need be. I won't answer all of your questions, I might not know specific answers, but I also have no desire to get into a pissing match about that topic. Frankly, I'm tired of it. And, no, I don't think you're right, you're just too emotionally involved to look at it from a neutral standpoint. Lastly, I don't pretend to know it all like some of you on this board. Pitt has its radical, hateful posters just as this site does. Just so you know I am not a one-trick pony, my best golfing friend loves OSU, my next door neighbor loves PSU, and two co-worker friends are ND fans. I hear it all, buy in to some of it, and laugh at the rest of it, as they do with me. As I said previously, the loyalty of your fans is impressive and respected, but the defensiveness and arrogance of many leaves much to be desired. Most Pitt fans accept what Pitt is, mediocre, and searching for the next level, that is why they change coaches, and have a new AD. Even though some are 'crazies', you can read a lot of homer criticism on the Lair. There, I answered most of your assertions in this post. Panda, we are two different people, we can agree to disagree.

Last edited:
Ok, I'll bite. Firstly, many Pitt posters get banned over here as soon as they criticize Penn St. Chris Peak, the main man over there only bans the 'extreme' PSU posters. The complaint over there is the same as yours. Next, If you want answers, ask those 'morons' and they'll give you all you want and more. They know much more than I do. I'm not always looking for answers, I can confide in my friends if need be. I won't answer all of your questions, I might not know specific answers, but I also have no desire to get into a pissing match about that topic. Frankly, I'm tired of it. And, no, I don't think you're right, you're just too emotionally involved to look at it from a neutral standpoint. Lastly, I don't pretend to know it all like some of you on this board. Pitt has its radical, hateful posters just as this site does. Just so you know I am not a one-trick pony, my best golfing friend loves OSU, my next door neighbor loves PSU, and two co-worker friends are ND fans. I hear it all, buy in to some of it, and laugh at the rest of it, as they do with me. As I said previously, the loyalty of your fans is impressive and respected, but the defensiveness and arrogance of many leaves much to be desired. Most Pitt fans accept what Pitt is, mediocre, and searching for the next level, that is why they change coaches, and have a new AD. Even though some are 'crazies', you can read a lot of homer criticism on the Lair. There, I answered most of your assertions in this post. Panda, we are two different people, we can agree to disagree.

You have a large disconnect with reality. You get banned on the lair in general for being a PSU fan, and posting pretty much anything. They do allow one or two token PSU fans that are general ass kissers. Lair posters flame on BWI for weeks, with many posters requesting they be banned, before it ever happens.

Please stop dodging, you started, you finish. You made statements that you can't seem to back up, not them. You don't think I am right, yet you can't answer my questions? Then how are you sure I am wrong? It's the Pitt trolls like you that are too emotionally involved with hating PSU to view it from a neutral standpoint. Joe Paterno and the football program have already been exonerated; I've got nothing to prove as the facts are on my side. You can't seem to refute these facts, you simply want to be closed minded and stick to your preconceived notions. I asked you multiple times to help me learn, to teach me why you think what you think... but you can't seem to. Are you even sure why you believe what you believe?

Then enlighten us, why did the NCAA reverse course? What specific "wrongdoing" occurred? Who at PSU has been convicted of any crimes? Why did Frank Fina clear Paterno? Why did Linda Kelly (the AG) praise Paterno for his actions? Why does Bob Costas disagree with you, are you smarter than him? What source are you basing your opinion on? If it is Freeh, how do you ignore all the other botched (FIFA, Jewell, etc) investigations?
Let's have a reasonable discussion, if you are so sure, maybe you can teach us a thing or two. This should be fun!

Peak only bans extreme posters? Are you kidding me? I've been banned over there for merely saying "that isn't true".

That is total BS. One of the biggest reasons that the Lair is an insane asylum is because of Peak. In fact, I would say that Peak is responsible for a very large fraction of the animosity within Rivals between Pitt and PSU, because of the incredibly inept way he moderates that board.

Reactions: pandaczar12
You have a large disconnect with reality. You get banned on the lair in general for being a PSU fan, and posting pretty much anything. They do allow one or two token PSU fans that are general ass kissers. Lair posters flame on BWI for weeks, with many posters requesting they be banned, before it ever happens.

Please stop dodging, you started, you finish. You made statements that you can't seem to back up, not them. You don't think I am right, yet you can't answer my questions? Then how are you sure I am wrong? It's the Pitt trolls like you that are too emotionally involved with hating PSU to view it from a neutral standpoint. Joe Paterno and the football program have already been exonerated; I've got nothing to prove as the facts are on my side. You can't seem to refute these facts, you simply want to be closed minded and stick to your preconceived notions. I asked you multiple times to help me learn, to teach me why you think what you think... but you can't seem to. Are you even sure why you believe what you believe?
I have a disconnect with reality? LOL. You believe that PSU has no iron in the fire, and I have a disconnect from reality? If the scandal happened at Pitt, you would want the death penalty, no question. And, if you think courts always decide the underlying truth, you are naive. Well, if future court cases with admin bring out other facts, will you accept them? Where there's smoke, there's fire, and there's too much evidence and numbers of victims (including adopted son) to say Sandusky is innocent. Sandusky in a shower with a young boy is all I need to know. Do you really believe Joe, the staff, the admin, and any others around the program had never heard anything along the way? A PSU alum told me it was a topic of whispers at some alumni gatherings across the state. Joe knew everything about the program, he was the supreme ruler, and dictated, and staff answered to him. Look, my father was full-blooded Italian and praised Paterno until the later years. I have nothing against the man, he did much for the university and program, and certainly was one of the best coaches ever, but he at least eventually knew, and could have done more, but he was still great for PSU overall. I nicely told you in the previous post that I didn't want to get into a back-and-forth with you, you are too emotionally involved, but you didn't comprehend, and I bit. I am tired of this thread, think whatever you want of me, but I am done. I had no intention of starting a banter on here, I just came to defend Pitt originally. I asked you to agree to disagree, so there is no further argument. I respect PSU's program, and will continue to follow their progress, even if I am not a fan. I think they will win 9 or 10 this year. As I said, I admire your loyalty, but I don't feel a need to continue. If the real truth does come out in the end, and it is different from what I believe, I will change my mind. Until then, we will disagree.

Reactions: Joe Pa Thetic
I have a disconnect with reality? LOL. You believe that PSU has no iron in the fire, and I have a disconnect from reality? If the scandal happened at Pitt, you would want the death penalty, no question. And, if you think courts always decide the underlying truth, you are naive. Well, if future court cases with admin bring out other facts, will you accept them? Where there's smoke, there's fire, and there's too much evidence and numbers of victims (including adopted son) to say Sandusky is innocent. Sandusky in a shower with a young boy is all I need to know. Do you really believe Joe, the staff, the admin, and any others around the program had never heard anything along the way? A PSU alum told me it was a topic of whispers at some alumni gatherings across the state. Joe knew everything about the program, he was the supreme ruler, and dictated, and staff answered to him. Look, my father was full-blooded Italian and praised Paterno until the later years. I have nothing against the man, he did much for the university and program, and certainly was one of the best coaches ever, but he at least eventually knew, and could have done more, but he was still great for PSU overall. I nicely told you in the previous post that I didn't want to get into a back-and-forth with you, you are too emotionally involved, but you didn't comprehend, and I bit. I am tired of this thread, think whatever you want of me, but I am done. I had no intention of starting a banter on here, I just came to defend Pitt originally. I asked you to agree to disagree, so there is no further argument. I respect PSU's program, and will continue to follow their progress, even if I am not a fan. I think they will win 9 or 10 this year. As I said, I admire your loyalty, but I don't feel a need to continue. If the real truth does come out in the end, and it is different from what I believe, I will change my mind. Until then, we will disagree.

Who was the friend?

JJ?

laughter.gif

Who was the friend?

JJ?

laughter.gif

Why you laughing at that guy? I have lots of friends, some in high places, that will magically tell me all sorts of things that I post on message boards to support what I type. For example, I have a friend who is a proctologist in Oakland and his whole practice is removing Pitt fans heads from their anuses. Twelve hours a day, seven days a week. And, it must be true because it supports exactly what I want it to support. I have another friend that trains service animals to try to help Pitt fans tell their anuses from holes in the ground, but so far there hasn't been much success there.

Reactions: Alphabets

The scandal didn’t happen at PSU, PSU is not responsible for the crimes of an ex-employee. If the scandal happened at Pitt, no one would care. I wouldn’t care, the media wouldn’t care… it’s a good to be irrelevant sometimes. Why would I want the death penalty, it wasn’t a football issue. The NCAA agrees with me… sure they overreacted, but they lifted all sanctions. Very telling about what you really think. Of course I will accept facts that come out of the admin’s case, the question is… will you? You don’t seem to accept other facts, like the fact that Frank Fina cleared Paterno. The fact that the AG praised Paterno for handling it exactly as he should have. The fact that Bob Costas doesn’t think Paterno was involved in a cover up.

Wow, you are all over the place. Where does the Sandusky innocence stuff come from? Why did you interject this now? Simply for distraction? Other than cleaning up the issues with the DPW/CYS that allowed him to commit his crimes, I don’t care about him or his case. You keep alluding to these facts that you base your opinion on, yet you won’t elaborate on what you think you believe, or your source. What specific wrongdoing occurred that night in the shower and why is that all you need to know? Why do you ignore that it was properly reported? What do you base your opinions on, the Freeh Report? If so, why do you ignore Freeh’s other failures? Why specific incidents do you think would have caused Joe, the staff, and the admins to think something was going on? What more could Joe have done with the watered down hearsay, and how do these proposed actions fit within school policy, NCAA guideline and state law? If you let go of your emotional attachment to PSU being guilty and do the slightest bit of research to answer my questions, you will see that you are wrong. But I think you already know that, so you dodge.

BTW, I would have been longed ago banned on the lair if this discussion was happening there.

ADVERTISEMENT