ADVERTISEMENT

FC/OT: pitt's boyd enters first-time offenders program

How's he going to get to the stadium or practice? It's too dangerous to walk through Oakland.

Pitt was recently the #1 program for arrests, I see it still continues under the new guy. Shut it down!

It's true, he's suffered enough. Playing for Pitt could drive any sane man to drink.

But in all seriousness, this is SOP. If it were our player, though, the Lair would be shrieking about depth chart justice.

Reactions: john4psu
This is just another reason we should not be playing Pitt. We should really not be associating with a school that breeds a culture of drunks and deceit. It's one thing if the program has a terrible culture but a tradition of winning (FSU). But, to be lining up a series against a team that should by all accounts drop their football program and has a disgusting culture and reputation, it does nothing for a national power like Penn State to even give them the time of day.

It's really embarrassing that they have not dropped the program at this point. Most, if not all early predictions have them coming in last place or second to last in their division of the ACC. That division isn't even the one that includes Clemson or FSU. Lol, dear god. Bless their hearts.

Pitt was recently the #1 program for arrests,

Is that true? I love how the pitters still point to the issues Penn State had with arrests and indictments some ten years ago in an attempt to characterize Joe as a win-at-all-costs coach. Of course, they never mention the guys Joe booted from the program, the guys for whom charges were dropped, that Joe received national accolades for having the team clean the stadium after every home game for one season, and that the players Joe recruited had the character to hold a closed-door meeting to stop the nonsense.

Last edited:
This is just another reason we should not be playing Pitt. We should really not be associating with a school that breeds a culture of drunks and deceit. It's one thing if the program has a terrible culture but a tradition of winning (FSU). But, to be lining up a series against a team that should by all accounts drop their football program and has a disgusting culture and reputation, it does nothing for a national power like Penn State to even give them the time of day.

It's really embarrassing that they have not dropped the program at this point. Most, if not all early predictions have them coming in last place or second to last in their division of the ACC. That division isn't even the one that includes Clemson or FSU. Lol, dear god. Bless their hearts.
Deceit associated with Pitt? A culture problem? LOL. Survey the whole country, and mention those two, and see if anyone mentions Pitt. Then see how many mention PSU. I have friends that are PSU fans, and they would even be embarrassed to bring that up. Yes, Pitt has been mediocre, as PSU has been, but just as you are starting over with Franklin, Pitt is starting new with Narduzzi. Let's see how it plays out down the line.

Deceit associated with Pitt? A culture problem? LOL. Survey the whole country, and mention those two, and see if anyone mentions Pitt. Then see how many mention PSU. I have friends that are PSU fans, and they would even be embarrassed to bring that up. Yes, Pitt has been mediocre, as PSU has been, but just as you are starting over with Franklin, Pitt is starting new with Narduzzi. Let's see how it plays out down the line.

HLS-copy.jpg
hook.jpg
large_nelson.jpg

Also, you had me at "survey the whole country."

I'll be right back.

Also, you had me at "survey the whole country."

I'll be right back.
If you got me 'hook, line, and sinker', you are good at it, because most of your posts re: Pitt are demeaning. If you were being facetious, then you got me. Have a good day.

If you got me 'hook, line, and sinker', you are good at it, because most of your posts re: Pitt are demeaning. If you were being facetious, then you got me. Have a good day.
I love Pitt. Not as much as I love lamp, but pretty damn close.

Reactions: cavic
How can we mention Pitt and not be demeaning? There's literally nothing good to be said about Pitt's football program.

See the link. boyd entered a first-time offenders program as a result of the DUI. His driver's license has been suspended for 90 days and he has to complete a safe driving program.

http://espn.go.com/college-football...thers-enters-1st-offenders-program-dui-arrest

This is not the first time I am offended by pitt. I. AM. OUTRAGED. :eek:
I am sure I am as anti-Pitt as you are. However, getting ARD for first time offenders is standard practice for these types of cases. The more interesting question will be what, if any, punishment Narduzzi imposes on Boyd.

I am sure I am as anti-Pitt as you are. However, getting ARD for first time offenders is standard practice for these types of cases. The more interesting question will be what, if any, punishment Narduzzi imposes on Boyd.
Death penalty. At minimum, public stoning.

Or, and I know this is sadistic, he has to sit next to an empty yellow seat and watch an entire Pitt football game from the stands. Death doesn't seem so bad now, does it????

Survey the whole country and see if anyone has heard of pitt.

Penn State is merely starting over with Franklin? Where have you been? Penn State is 22-15 the past three years with young, depleted rosters. Penn State won a high-profile game in Ireland last year and won its bowl game last year. Franklin is recruiting extremely well (Top 10 for 2016 currently). Now tell me how pitt compares. Just because you claim that both programs are on the same level doesn't make it so.

The reality is that Penn State is a better program than pitt currently and Penn State has a brighter future.

Reactions: Alphabets
Is that true? I love how the pitters still point to the issues Penn State had with arrests and indictments some ten years ago in an attempt to characterize Joe as a win-at-all-costs coach. Of course, they never mention the guys Joe booted from the program, the guys for whom charges were dropped, that Joe received national accolades for having the team clean the stadium after every home game for one season, and that the players Joe recruited had the character to hold a closed-door meeting to stop the nonsense.

Yes

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...ks-no-1-in-sports-illustrated-criminal-report

I guess you missed the fact that Joe has been cleared by the lead prosecutor (Frank Fina) on national TV, and thus the NCAA reversed course on all sanctions.

Gotta love the tired old "Pitt and PSU are on the same level" argument. Only one of those schools was under unjust sanctions. Only one of those schools has a losing record in recent history. Here's a hint, they aren't the same school.

Reactions: Alphabets
Yes

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...ks-no-1-in-sports-illustrated-criminal-report

I guess you missed the fact that Joe has been cleared by the lead prosecutor (Frank Fina) on national TV, and thus the NCAA reversed course on all sanctions.

Gotta love the tired old "Pitt and PSU are on the same level" argument. Only one of those schools was under unjust sanctions. Only one of those schools has a losing record in recent history. Here's a hint, they aren't the same school.

Thanks for the link. What does this say about the pitt culture? They lead the league in criminal activity, and the university administration does nothing about it. Why didn't they take a scorched-earth approach and shut the program down? It's a football-first culture without the wins. It's a culture problem with a culture problem.

Last edited:
Yes

The NCAA reversing course really means nothing when it comes to 'guilt'. It is noted that some here think that nothing happened in the Lasch Bldg, the staff and admin didn't know, and the sanctions were unjust. It was all a witch hunt. I got it.
Penn St, pure as the driven snow. I'm glad there are some PSU fans out there that admit to wrongdoing. I'm glad I can have reasonable discussions when with friends.

Last edited:
Thanks for the link. What does this say about the pitt culture? They lead the league in criminal activity, and the university administration does nothing about it. Why didn't they take a scorched-earth approach and shut the program down? It's a football-first culture without the wins. It's a culture problem with a culture problem.
Lol, that's what I was saying. FSU is a cultural mess, but at least they win!! Pitt loses at losing. It's a joke.

The NCAA reversing course really means nothing when it comes to 'guilt'. It is noted that some here think that nothing happened in the Lasch Bldg, the staff and admin didn't know, and the sanctions were unjust. It was all a witch hunt. Gotcha.
Penn St, pure as the driven snow. I'm glad there are some PSU fans out there that admit to wrongdoing. I'm glad I can have reasonable discussions when with friends.

Then enlighten us, why did the NCAA reverse course? What specific "wrongdoing" occurred? Who at PSU has been convicted of any crimes? Why did Frank Fina clear Paterno? Why did Linda Kelly (the AG) praise Paterno for his actions? Why does Bob Costas disagree with you, are you smarter than him? What source are you basing your opinion on? If it is Freeh, how do you ignore all the other botched (FIFA, Jewell, etc) investigations?

Let's have a reasonable discussion, if you are so sure, maybe you can teach us a thing or two. This should be fun!

Reactions: ChiTownLion
Lol, that's what I was saying. FSU is a cultural mess, but at least they win!! Pitt loses at losing. It's a joke.
Yes, I remember the article. And, Pitt fans and admin were embarrassed. It led to the firing of Dave Wannstedt. Now, do you guys remember the Espn program regarding Penn St and its player arrests, etc? What did the university do about it? I'm not sure.

Let's see how it plays out down the line.

GT74, you think Boyd should sit a game?...2?

It feels some sorta punishment, from a football perspective (especially from a new coach), should occur....don't you think?

GT74, you think Boyd should sit a game?...2?

It feels some sorta punishment, from a football perspective (especially from a new coach), should occur....don't you think?
I don't know what they have done so far, but I think a game is fair. He has been a model citizen and leader, so that should be taken into consideration. If he was a chronic offender of rules, one game is not enough.

I don't know what they have done so far, but I think a game is fair. He has been a model citizen and leader, so that should be taken into consideration. If he was a chronic offender of rules, one game is not enough.

Still waiting for your response to my post. Please educate us!

agreed...i think he should get 1 game.....but, it doesn't appear the Duz is going that route, though.

How about Blair? What do you think happens to him?

Does anybody really believe that Boyd will miss the entire first game? There's a greater chance that Pitt will win their 364th national championship this year than that happening.

Then enlighten us, why did the NCAA reverse course? What specific "wrongdoing" occurred? Who at PSU has been convicted of any crimes? Why did Frank Fina clear Paterno? Why did Linda Kelly (the AG) praise Paterno for his actions? Why does Bob Costas disagree with you, are you smarter than him? What source are you basing your opinion on? If it is Freeh, how do you ignore all the other botched (FIFA, Jewell, etc) investigations?

Let's have a reasonable discussion, if you are so sure, maybe you can teach us a thing or two. This should be fun!

gt74 is only three years behind.

Gee, I wonder who else was a model citizen and leader (for 60 odd years) before he got thrown under the bus. Did that person get the kind of consideration (that you are talking about) from you folks before all of you guys crucified him? If you answer is no... well then you now know what to do with boyd. And don't be a hypocrite.

Reactions: pandaczar12
I get the bashing of Pitt admin/alumni and it is well deserved, However we should tread lightly on the young man who has taken a standard first offender plea. Maybe he's a reckless self centered jack wagon, maybe he is a troubled young man you has lost the control on how much he drinks and what he does, or maybe he's like most kids his age who fail to understand the consequences of his actions. Either way the law defines a process for justice to be served... and offers education and counseling as part of that process for him to make choices moving forward. How Pitt chooses to move forward will be interesting. Personally I hope he is given a second chance after proving he's earned that right by doing the work..

gt74 is only three years behind.

I'm not surprised he chose to turn tail and run away. Most people know the truth, some just don't want to admit it... so it's easier to just not respond. Also, he can't honestly believe Wanny was fired because of the player troubles. A quick google search will tell you that Wanny was fired for mediocre records and lack of a BCS bowl. He doesn't realize that if a school that nobody cares about like Pitt is in the news... it's really bad. When schools like PSU get in the news, many times it is for ratings.

I get the bashing of Pitt admin/alumni and it is well deserved, However we should tread lightly on the young man who has taken a standard first offender plea. Maybe he's a reckless self centered jack wagon, maybe he is a troubled young man you has lost the control on how much he drinks and what he does, or maybe he's like most kids his age who fail to understand the consequences of his actions. Either way the law defines a process for justice to be served... and offers education and counseling as part of that process for him to make choices moving forward. How Pitt chooses to move forward will be interesting. Personally I hope he is given a second chance after proving he's earned that right by doing the work..

The kid has shown a poor track record for decision making. First he actually chose to go to Pitt, despite all available data. Then he chose to get behind the wheel while intoxicated.

well maybe a 1 or 2 game ban should suffice. It was his first offense so.. I was just giving that poster a hard time is all..

well maybe a 1 or 2 game ban should suffice. It was his first offense so.. I was just giving that poster a hard time is all..

That's it? I thought PSU had the culture problem in PA. That's what we've been told, so I expected a zero-tolerance policy at pitt. I thought pitt was above it all.

I'm not surprised he chose to turn tail and run away. Most people know the truth, some just don't want to admit it... so it's easier to just not respond. Also, he can't honestly believe Wanny was fired because of the player troubles. A quick google search will tell you that Wanny was fired for mediocre records and lack of a BCS bowl. He doesn't realize that if a school that nobody cares about like Pitt is in the news... it's really bad. When schools like PSU get in the news, many times it is for ratings.
I didn't run away. I just don't think it is proper to go to a rival message board and try to convince posters about THEIR team. I come here to defend Pitt when I think facts or perceptions are twisted. You guys are loyal to PSU and will believe the positive. I respect that. You have your opinions on the scandal matter, and others have theirs. I have already discussed it with my PSU friends many times, and they will think what they want, just as I and others will form our opinions. So, I don't want to get involved in a back-and-forth go around. For your info, I believe that Sandusky abused kids, some, at least, staff and admin were aware of it, and they allowed him access to the Lasch Bldg. Had they done something about it way earlier, more abuse would have been prevented on PSu's campus. Obviously, you guys think otherwise, and that is ok. I am done with the topic.

The kid has shown a poor track record for decision making. First he actually chose to go to Pitt, despite all available data. Then he chose to get behind the wheel while intoxicated.
He chose to go to Pitt, is a top college player, and will make millions in the NFL. I wish I made poor decisions like that. Panda, you will never say anything good about Pitt, so your bias is too strong to counter on here. Have a good day.

ADVERTISEMENT