ADVERTISEMENT

"Fan Council" application.....

I sent an application just for kicks. I'm expecting my rejection email soon.

I'm assuming they've kept a list of anyone who has written or called to complain over the past few years. Just like how a lot of those people were suddenly off the trustee voting roles and didn't get ballots- I expect a similar "screening" for this fan council. ;).

That said, I'm sure there's some people here who would like to apply so they could maybe hobnob with Barron/ Barbour and maybe serve the BoT members their cocktails at a football game or 2. ;)

Just so people know, there are "Councils" everywhere in all sports and at all levels. None of them do any good, so just in case there is any question by our people, ok? This one will do no good either. NASCAR has a fan council. Pocono Raceway has a "fan council." Pirates have a leadership council. It's a joke. Phillies, Yankees, NFL teams, you name the team. All a joke.

Just so people know, there are "Councils" everywhere in all sports and at all levels. None of them do any good, so just in case there is any question by our people, ok? This one will do no good either. NASCAR has a fan council. Pocono Raceway has a "fan council." Pirates have a leadership council. It's a joke. Phillies, Yankees, NFL teams, you name the team. All a joke.

That's ok. I don't think anyone really expected the fan council to be some groundbreaking group. That said, I'd love to see some of the fans go head to head with Sandy or Barron when they do their PR to address the council- if for no other reason than to annoy Barron. ;)

Reactions: fairgambit
That's ok. I don't think anyone really expected the fan council to be some groundbreaking group. That said, I'd love to see some of the fans go head to head with Sandy or Barron when they do their PR to address the council- if for no other reason than to annoy Barron. ;)

At Penn State I expect it to be worse than useless. I expect the council to be plugged with ringers acting as shills from the board of trustees who will carry their flag and try to persuade fans to a particular agenda/outcome.

At Penn State I expect it to be worse than useless. I expect the council to be plugged with ringers acting as shills from the board of trustees who will carry their flag and try to persuade fans to a particular agenda/outcome.

I agree. Just hoping 1 or 2 good guys sneak in. ;)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT