ADVERTISEMENT

Examining PSU recruit/player attrition rates by region

CaliLION79

Sep 27, 2020

With the King Mack portal departure we were curious to figure out if Florida has had the worst miss-to-hit ratio with keeping recruits during the James Franklin era. Turns out, it doesn't, although it can be questioned whether the time and resources we've put into Florida kids recently has been worth it.

Reactions: Rip_E_2_Joe_PA
If I’m a coach at a southern school recruiting against PSU for a FL kid, I show them this article. Great…

The hit rate is not that bad. O'Conner was from Canada a d wasnt even a franklin recruit. He might have been in Florida for a cup of coffee just like Drew Shelton. Is Shelton a florida recruit too?

Noah Cain was good. He had some injuries but he was a good player. Kevon Lee was decent but he was passed on the depth chart.

Jordan minor had a heart condition.

The hit rate is not that bad. O'Conner was from Canada a d wasnt even a franklin recruit. He might have been in Florida for a cup of coffee just like Drew Shelton. Is Shelton a florida recruit too?

Noah Cain was good. He had some injuries but he was a good player. Kevon Lee was decent but he was passed on the depth chart.

Jordan minor had a heart condition.

Yeah, the info is not meaningful without context. Cain was a stud who got derailed by injuries. Lee filled a gap after injuries decimated the room and was surpassed by better players. I think the inroads are very important. Time, resources, that conversation doesn't matter anymore because you have to recruit nationally to win. If we aren't doing it, we will be passed up by someone who will.

Yeah, the info is not meaningful without context. Cain was a stud who got derailed by injuries. Lee filled a gap after injuries decimated the room and was surpassed by better players. I think the inroads are very important. Time, resources, that conversation doesn't matter anymore because you have to recruit nationally to win. If we aren't doing it, we will be passed up by someone who will.
Exactly.

They did not even cover the time and resources actually allocate. We don't know how much time and resources the staff spent. Should psu stop recruiting New England or the Midwest? DMV was only slightly better han Florida. Based on the story we should spend more time in Florida and less time in New England.

The story also ignored actual production. Who cares if a player leaves if he can't play. I would prefer a player who can't play who leaves over a player who can't play who stays.

If I’m a coach at a southern school recruiting against PSU for a FL kid, I show them this article. Great…

And what does that prove? Do you have the numbers for southern schools and their transfer rate?

Based on this article should psU stop recruiting New England?

The IMG guys are not Florida kids… reduce list by four. Omani is the only guy, in 10 yrs, to make a significant impact. Cain was from La. Durant is doing a great job after two years. None of those who left made impact elsewhere so the high level is not what they are attracting.

The IMG guys are not Florida kids… reduce list by four. Omani is the only guy, in 10 yrs, to make a significant impact. Cain was from La. Durant is doing a great job after two years. None of those who left made impact elsewhere so the high level is not what they are attracting.
Take away four and the transfer rate improves. The transfer rate is just below the DMV rate. Should we stop recruiting the DMV? Psu really did not spend that much time or resources recruiting Florida. 13 players in 11 years. Amani committed to psu sight unseen. Vanderbilt paid to recruit him. Minor never played and is unknown. Two of the players are incoming freshman and not known. Washington is in line to start at some point. Miller is a starter. Durant is doing great according to you.

The story is joke. Anyone putting cred into it is clueless. The writer is an Indiana u soccer blogger. He started with an anti psu premise and his stats did not even back it up. The area where psu is getting the least bang for the buck is New England.

Should psu stop recruiting New England?

Take away four and the transfer rate improves. The transfer rate is just below the DMV rate. Should we stop recruiting the DMV? Psu really did not spend that much time or resources recruiting Florida. 13 players in 11 years. Amani committed to psu sight unseen. Vanderbilt paid to recruit him. Minor never played and is unknown. Two of the players are incoming freshman and not known. Washington is in line to start at some point. Miller is a starter. Durant is doing great according to you.

The story is joke. Anyone putting cred into it is clueless. The writer is an Indiana u soccer blogger. He started with an anti psu premise and his stats did not even back it up. The area where psu is getting the least bang for the buck is New England.

It is fun to watch the illogical here get schooled. Well done.

And what does that prove? Do you have the numbers for southern schools and their transfer rate?

Based on this article should psU stop recruiting New England?
Pretty sure if the analysis was done on FL universities, the stats would suggest that they have a pretty poor hit rate on FL recruits.

Hell no. Off the top of my head Pat Freirmuth was a great New England player for us.

Pretty sure if the analysis was done on FL universities, the stats would suggest that they have a pretty poor hit rate on FL recruits.

I saw a podcast his week with Fitz and company. They actually covered the draft picks but one point applies to this issue. They got to daquon hardy and said PSU was reluctant to offer because he was only 5'9 155lbs and in state. If he did not workout it is tougher for psu to process in state kids because the team still recruits those schools. The point being it is much easier to process out of state/region recruits.

Last edited:
Hell no. Off the top of my head Pat Freirmuth was a great New England player for us.
What about the attrition rate? Isn't that the point of the threat? New England has the highest attrition rate.

With the King Mack portal departure we were curious to figure out if Florida has had the worst miss-to-hit ratio with keeping recruits during the James Franklin era. Turns out, it doesn't, although it can be questioned whether the time and resources we've put into Florida kids recently has been worth it.

Should we stop recruiting New England based on the data YOU provided?

What about the attrition rate? Isn't that the point of the threat? New England has the highest attrition rate.
Each player’s personal situation is very different. I don’t agree with the logic in the article. If the attrition rate for a region was 90% and the players that remained on the team included the star qb and the all-conference DE, the effort would still have been worth the investment.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT