ADVERTISEMENT

Erickson's Notebook Reveals Deceptions, Possible Crimes

If you're so computer savvy, how was it that you weren't able to get around the ban?

Because I didn't try, genius. At the time, anything that didn't slavishly toe the JoeBot line resulted in an immediate ban. Why would I spend time creating new accounts through proxies just to get them banned immediately? Not worth the work.

I do not even pretend to have knowledge about this kind of stuff. All I know is, I"m deeply skeptical when someone new shows up and claims to be an expert about something that is potentially very useful as evidence against Freeh and the cabal.

We're not fools, here, dude. We know what is going on.

I didn't suddenly show up, genius. I've been active on the internet discussing the topic for many years, just not here. I'm not even posting under a pseudonym. I was arguing college football on rec.sport.football.college when most of you were trying to figure out how to get on AOL.

As for "very useful as evidence against Freeh and the cabal" - you idiots have no idea how stupid you're making us look. Seriously. It's entirely possible these emails are crap. But the reasons you're flinging up against the wall as 'proof' are ridiculous.

Last edited:
I didn't suddenly show up, genius. I've been active on the internet discussing the topic for many years, just not here. I'm not even posting under a pseudonym. I was arguing college football on rec.sport.football.college when most of you were trying to figure out how to get on AOL.

As for "very useful as evidence against Freeh and the cabal" - you idiots have no idea how stupid you're making us look. Seriously. It's entirely possible these emails are crap. But the reasons you're flinging up against the wall as 'proof' are ridiculous.
Here's some friendly advice for you. If you want to sound credible and have a real discussion with people, attacking anyone who challenges you by calling them "genius", "idiot" and "stupid" is a surefire way to alienate them. If you wondered why you were banned that would be the answer. The mods here are generally tolerant of people who have a viewpoint which isn't popular among other posters as long as the discussion doesn't devolve into a name calling contest.

It is obvious that the email files Ray is looking at contain artifacts. However, without knowing how many transformations these files were put through it is impossible to make an accurate determination as to what was the root cause of these artifacts. To do that, one would need the original files in their native format as well as duplicate copies of all software that performed the translations. It is very likely that a particular version of software inserted a tag or extra spaces as a result of the import/export translation process. Without that exact version of software it is impossible to determine where in the chain any artifacts were inserted.

To speculate that the insertion of artifacts was done intentionally is a bit of a stretch without more supporting evidence.

It is obvious that the email files Ray is looking at contain artifacts. However, without knowing how many transformations these files were put through it is impossible to make an accurate determination as to what was the root cause of these artifacts. To do that, one would need the original files in their native format as well as duplicate copies of all software that performed the translations. It is very likely that a particular version of software inserted a tag or extra spaces as a result of the import/export translation process. Without that exact version of software it is impossible to determine where in the chain any artifacts were inserted.

To speculate that the insertion of artifacts was done intentionally is a bit of a stretch without more supporting evidence.
Amazing how interested that ol' Alabama/Minnesota demographic remains. Thanks for stopping by. :)

Because I didn't try, genius. At the time, anything that didn't slavishly toe the JoeBot line resulted in an immediate ban. Why would I spend time creating new accounts through proxies just to get them banned immediately? Not worth the work.

"Not worth the work"? Could have fooled me. You spend an awful lot of time and energy arguing your points on here.

Here's some friendly advice for you. If you want to sound credible and have a real discussion with people, attacking anyone who challenges you by calling them "genius", "idiot" and "stupid" is a surefire way to alienate them. If you wondered why you were banned that would be the answer. The mods here are generally tolerant of people who have a viewpoint which isn't popular among other posters as long as the discussion doesn't devolve into a name calling contest.

I'm not looking to make friends with those who already went down the low road first, thanks.

Sure. If they exist. IF they exist. Do you know what the email retention policy was at Penn State from 1998 to the present, and whether the backups are even restorable? Care to share the details with us?

A printout of an email in a file is still better than not having the email at all. Unless, of course, you're throwing everything you have against the wall in a desperate attempt to defend some guys who f'ed up.

So what are you so afraid of then? Why so paranoid??? Sounds like these latest rulings are scaring you to death.

You should be begging Freeh and Penn State to release the source materials if you really believe all the crap you're throwing out there.

Guess what Einstein...... there's a reason they're not.

So what are you so afraid of then? Why so paranoid??? Sounds like these latest rulings are scaring you to death.

You should be begging Freeh and Penn State to release the source materials if you really believe all the crap you're throwing out there.

Guess what Einstein...... there's a reason they're not.

I answered this a few posts upstream. I find it highly unlikely the original source files are all available today in one consistent digital format from the same verified place. You guys are using this as a reason to throw them all out, which is only defensible if your main goal is to get CSS off scot-free regardless of their actual responsibility.

He certainly has a lot of animus towards us, doesn't he? You'd think he'd be happy that we provided him with an employment opportunity.

And one thing you're forgetting is that it has been suggested that some of Freeh's former employees are now working with Sollers. If any of the stuff about email doctoring is true, perhaps some of those guys know just how it was done.

Last edited:
He certainly has a lot of animus towards us, doesn't he? You'd think he'd be happy that we provided him with an employment opportunity.

And one thing you're forgetting is that it has been suggested that some of Freeh's former employees are now working with Sollers. If any of the stuff about email doctoring is true, perhaps some of those guys know just how it was done.

It's incredibly tiresome to keep hearing my fellow alums devalue my degree by claiming that anybody who doesn't buy the JoeBot narrative must be getting paid for it. Grow up.

The post where some Internet Tough Guy flexes his muscles by referencing Usenet groups is pure gold. If you're going to win the Internet, definitely go with that tactic.

tumblr-inline-ne14tl4iq61rhyh23.gif

I answered this a few posts upstream. I find it highly unlikely the original source files are all available today in one consistent digital format from the same verified place. You guys are using this as a reason to throw them all out, which is only defensible if your main goal is to get CSS off scot-free regardless of their actual responsibility.

Then there should be absolutely no reason for Freeh and Penn State to be fighting Discovery as desperately as they are. Right?

Reactions: LaJolla Lion
Then there should be absolutely no reason for Freeh and Penn State to be fighting Discovery as desperately as they are. Right?

I'm guessing they're fighting discovery because there's embarassing stuff in there - but the premise that you guys have settled on, that it's definitely FORGED EMAIL because somebody noticed that a print-out of a forwarded email from somebody's Eudora that quoted somebody else's email, all from back in 2001, looks funny...

well, that one I'm not going to view as very likely. The embarassing stuff in there is more likely additionally incriminating and/or damaging to Penn State in other ways, not FORGED!!!1 EMAILS!!!1

I was banned from here for several years, genius. And the time I ran servers at my desk was early 90s, not early 00s, but that definitely puts my knowledge ahead of you guys and Ray, who's at the "This tape has a time code, which I'm told is very difficult to fake!" level.

damn this new format.

The post where some Internet Tough Guy flexes his muscles by referencing Usenet groups is pure gold. If you're going to win the Internet, definitely go with that tactic.

tumblr-inline-ne14tl4iq61rhyh23.gif

Good one. I was responding to somebody who claimed I just popped up yesterday.

I'm guessing they're fighting discovery because there's embarassing stuff in there - but the premise that you guys have settled on, that it's definitely FORGED EMAIL because somebody noticed that a print-out of a forwarded email from somebody's Eudora that quoted somebody else's email, all from back in 2001, looks funny...

well, that one I'm not going to view as very likely. The embarassing stuff in there is more likely additionally incriminating and/or damaging to Penn State in other ways, not FORGED!!!1 EMAILS!!!1

Interesting. What is your theory on what this "additionally incriminating and/or damaging" "stuff" "to Penn State" is?

Interesting. What is your theory on what this "additionally incriminating and/or damaging" "stuff" "to Penn State" is?

Information that others may have known about Sandusky, or may have suspected him earlier than currently known. Just a guess. But more likely than FORGED!!!1 EMAILS!!!1

None of that excuses CSS though.

Ah, the new/old spin: there's more bad info out there waiting to be uncovered. Yeah, we know, that is why we are busy here, dude.

However, is this perhaps the new talking points you've received? Are you next going to suggest that there is more bad stuff out there about C/S/S, perhaps? Or Joe?

Yeah, sure.

Information that others may have known about Sandusky, or may have suspected him earlier than currently known. Just a guess. But more likely than FORGED!!!1 EMAILS!!!1

None of that excuses CSS though.

So I take that as you're finally joining with the rest of us in keeping the hammer down on Freeh and Penn State to release the source materials. Am I right?

Reactions: LAVAR!!!1
To quote Donald Rumsfield, ".....there are known knowns; there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns – the ones we don't know we don't know...."

mdahmus. If your aunts used to babysit Paterno's kids, did they also babysit Jerry's kids? What did they know and when? When did you first get word of Sandusky's proclivities? Thanks.

Reactions: LAVAR!!!1
Now we've got old babysitters coming out of the woodwork, related to the email expert from decades ago, all wrapped up in one convenient package.

Barron had zero to do with the scandal but his actions, especially his irrational outburst at the last BOT meeting, deserve all the venting and condemnation we can muster.

I can buy that, but I'm talking about those that really did the damage. He inherited it and hasn't bothered to do much about it.

Ray, any thoughts on the timing of the CSS trials? My guess is that they will continued to be delayed because of the Sandusky appeal, if it goes forward. Thoughts on the Sandusky appeal?

Concerning your question on the Sandusky appeal, I have had direct contact with the new defense team. This is what was relayed to me.

They obviously feel they have an excellent chance of winning the appeal. They also believe that Jerry is totally innocent. Now of course they would say that because they are representing him. But without getting into detail, they give me the impression that things were done on both sides (prosecution and defense) that they have never seen before in history. In short, I get the distinct impression that they think Sandusky was framed big time.

They told me the appendix to the petition should have gone up on the free Centre County website, but it was too big. Larger than the County server could handle. The Appendix was I believe over 760 pages long, so it had to go on the County’s WEBIA website which is a pay site. If the petition itself wasn't enough red meat to chomp on, the appendix is a treasure trove of new info.

I don't want to give away any of their defense, but I was given a very convincing rebuttal to the repressed memory tactic that the prosecution used. It was one of the rebuttals that may be used by their expert psychologist. And it is hard to argue with. Especially when combined with the fact that repressed memory seemed to be recovered with substantially more clarity after the financial agreements were signed with the civil attorneys.

Remember. Amendola never bothered to use any expert witness to discredit the repressed memory tactic. Many psychologists think it is nothing more than legal hocus pocus. Amendola just stupidly and inexplicably accepted it and moved on.

That's only the tip of the iceberg. There's LOTS more. I was told by someone high on the defense team that they feel this case not only has a better chance of winning appeal than any case they have ever worked on, but any case they have ever heard of. In short, they are extremely confident and extremely convincing.

My own opinion is that because of the corrupt and crooked Pennsylvania politics involved in this case, the appeal is a long shot. But the new defense team gives me the impression that not only do they think Sandusky is 100% innocent (their words), but the United States Constitution was completely and cataclysmically destroyed and mangled in this case. When they explain the inexplicable and extreme Constitutional violations they feel were intentionally and willfully carried out, they make me believe that this appeal at least has some chance.

Reactions: SteveMasters
In all seriousness, if JS was truly framed and is truly innocent (not saying I believe that), and it is exposed as such, then the state of Pennsylvania and PSU are essentially going to cease to exist in their current form.

they give me the impression that things were done on both sides (prosecution and defense) that they have never seen before in history. In short, I get the distinct impression that they think Sandusky was framed big time.

Buffalo thanks for the post/insight. If what you wrote above is the case, then who exactly framed JS and why (if the defense team didn't get into this do you have a personal opinion)?

Did they have an explanation for why JS dropped his appeal (in early spring 2009) to the indicated ruling re: V1?? If he was innocent, why not fight that ruling to the end? After all, his life's work was working with kids and that indicated ruling ruined that for him forever.....

Also, what was the motivation from both the defense and prosecution to do all these things they've never seen before? Was it to distract from some other malfeasance?

Thanks

Reactions: ChiTownLion
ADVERTISEMENT