ADVERTISEMENT

Erickson's Notebook Reveals Deceptions, Possible Crimes

30 January 2012 is the date for all of the notes I posted. After those entries, nothing else is in the notebook...but there's a boat load of stuff before them.

The gambling and illegal benefits information was passed onto the NCAA as they were "monitoring the progress" of the investigation. The gambling wouldn't have helped the NCAA because it was outside the SOL. Illegal benefits is a minor violation, so also not helpful to the NCAA who was looking to come down hard on PSU.

So, "NCAA - waiting for Freeh Report" (or something big to punish PSU with)

Obviously, I knew about McQ's gambling long before Van Natta wrote his article. One time I made a cryptic reference to it on twitter as part of a discussion of McQueary #PeteRose
The Van Natta article was 89% fiction.

Are all 18 in the same boat, whatever that boat is? There has been some turnover in that group since 2011. The replacements appear to be like-minded, but are they in the same boat as the ones they replaced?

Assuming all 18 at any point (i.e., accounting for turnover) are on the same ground in protecting something, I can't believe they all have the same stake in protecting whatever it is that is being protected. Thus, some must be thinking of saving themselves. Otherwise, what hold do the few have over the rest? Perhaps whatever is behind this is not limited to these trustees. Maybe it involves the state government. There must be some outside powerful influence involved. I don't think any of these trustees wield enough power on their own to take hold of the entire group.
I suspect the "protection" going on is not only to hide the Old Guard BOT member's corruption, but to hid the Commonwealth's corruption as well. That appears to be the reason why the Board was restructured to add six seats that could be controlled by the Old Guard -- to offset new appointees by Governor Wolf.

I suspect Wolf is not aware of the scam that the PA government was running through the PCCD -- you know, that group that is in charge of distributing PSU's $48M in fine money to the so-called victim's support groups.

PCCD - Pennsylvania Commission on Crime and Delinquency -- juvenile rehabilitation grants across the state.
The Second Mile -- helps at risk youths (juveniles) across the state....which boosts the Commonwealth's numbers of juveniles served.

No doubt, big numbers help the Commonwealth when it comes time to ask for Federal grants.

Smoking Gun!

It is nearly certain that the Curley email regarding Joe's input was altered.

Horseshit. You guys convince each other based on citing each other over and over again, but at the bottom there's a whole lot of nothing.

In my San Diego presentation, I discussed the emails at length. In 2001, there were five emails that were used as exhibits in the Freeh Report. Only two of the five had the html tags. Each of emails were used as "evidence" by Freeh that the Big 4 were doing something nefarious. As it turned out, the second email discussion of the "coach" was Jerry Dunn -- not Joe.

The other problem with the email (5G) is that it has the WRONG signature block at the bottom. It should be Schultz's, not Spanier's. This occurs twice in the 2001 emails.

As mhentz said - and as I have said since August 2012, all the University has to do to put this to rest is pull the original files from the server and compare to the ones in the Freeh Report.

Anybody who works in IT or, hell, has been on the internet for longer than a few years, knows the implication that HTML tags' presence means something is horseshit. Just think about how often somebody's misconfigured Apple Mail client spits out garbage on your neighborhood's email listserv even today (due to their directional quotes, for instance).

These emails are back from the day when some people were on the mainframe, some were using personal email clients (I remember Eudora being mentioned), etc.

There are five emails from 2001, two of the five have html tags and three do not. It his was simply an error caused from a transfer from Eudora to Outlook, then all five would have the error.

This is also complete horseshit. The answer with any of this is It Depends. If you don't know how they were transferred (were they saved? Were they forwarded by a third party with another email client? [...], you have no idea.

No IT person would ever look at any of the things Ray points to here as any kind of evidence other than that email formatting is a freaking mess in general.

I want all of these suits to go to trial, and I want CSS to go to trial. The power brokers are avoiding getting any of the real players under oath, and there must be a very good reason for that.

CSS are most responsible for preventing their suit from going to trial. They have a very good reason for that - they stay out of jeopardy and they're not paying their legal bills anyways.

CSS are most responsible for preventing their suit from going to trial. They have a very good reason for that - they stay out of jeopardy and they're not paying their legal bills anyways.

26 months: Time from the Watergate break-in until Nixon's resignation
16 months: Time from the murder of Nicole Simpson and Ronald Goldman until the trial verdict was reached.
13 months: Time from the murder of Dave Schultz until the conviction of John duPont (net worth >$200 million)
13 months: Time from indictment to sentencing in the Martha Stewart trial (net worth >$300 million)
8 months: Time for the Nuremberg Trials (from VE day until the conclusion of the trials wa...s only 27 months)
6 months: Time from indictment to sentencing in the Bernie Madoff trial (the last three months were only awaiting decision from the judge on sentencing)

42 months: Time from the indictments to date.......and still no trial date set
(Oh, and BTW, 42 months was the exact amount of time necessary for this nation to recover from the devastation of Pearl Harbor until achieving final victory on V-E Day)

Nope.....nothing to see here.

CSS are responsible for Hoover's inability to make timely rulings?

CSS are responsible for the appeals they have made, some of which were simply requests for delays.

CSS could also just not appeal Baldwin's inclusion. If they truly told the truth, they'd have nothing to fear from her testimony.

Only the truly foolish would discount the possibility of a tainted process in this state. If I were them, I would never assume that the mere truth is enough.

Question for Ray- have you compared the emails in the Freeh Report to the OAG's copies in their filings? Formatting slightly different, as well as differing time stamps.

Reactions: WeR0206
Question for Ray- have you compared the emails in the Freeh Report to the OAG's copies in their filings? Formatting slightly different, as well as differing time stamps.

Is anyone able to post these here side by side so we can all see it (and let the IT folks here give their opinion)? Thanks.

CSS are responsible for the appeals they have made, some of which were simply requests for delays.

CSS could also just not appeal Baldwin's inclusion. If they truly told the truth, they'd have nothing to fear from her testimony.

There is no excuse for Hoover's failure to rule in a timely manner, and that's not CSS's fault.

Anybody who works in IT or, hell, has been on the internet for longer than a few years, knows the implication that HTML tags' presence means something is horseshit. Just think about how often somebody's misconfigured Apple Mail client spits out garbage on your neighborhood's email listserv even today (due to their directional quotes, for instance).

These emails are back from the day when some people were on the mainframe, some were using personal email clients (I remember Eudora being mentioned), etc.

Curious. How did the 1998 Email time stamps get out of sequence? Are you insinuating that Freeh was just a bad proof reader? Surly as thorough as he was, he would have noticed the transfers not syncing correctly and notated that in his report.

Reactions: simons96
There is no excuse for Hoover's failure to rule in a timely manner, and that's not CSS's fault.

John duPont was accused of murder....and, if convicted, would spend the rest of his days behind bars. If ANYONE had motivation to delay their trial, it was John.

duPont was - IIRC - certifiably psychotic....which would open up a cornucopia of issues to be deliberated...."Was he competent to stand trial?"....."What was his mental state at the time in question?"...."What was the correct legal definition of not guilty by reason of insanity?" etc etc etc

There were alternate (and plausible) theories regarding the motivations of other parties in the case. These motivations would lead to debate regarding relative responsibility and mitigating factors surrounding the death.

The duPont's had financial resources that probably totaled into the BILLIONS of dollars to finance a defense. Given the outcome if found guilty, it is hard to imagine there would be any reluctance to spend a few hundred million on the defense.

And yet, the entire affair from "cradle to grave" (the death of Schultz to the sentencing of duPont) was just about 1 year.
The idea that a well-funded defendant can push off a trial for years and years by simply filing a boatload of motions is absurd.
There are dozens of similar cases one could look at, that all have similar outcomes. The excuse that this case has been going on longer than WWII, with still no trial date, solely because the defendants are filing a bunch of motions is ludicrous.

Unless and until there is a trial, none of us can say with any degree of confidence whether C/S/S are guilty, are innocent, or, if guilty - of what charges.
One thing we should ALL be able to say in confidence, if we've been paying attention at all, this case stinks from the bottom to the top...and has from day 1.

Curious. How did the 1998 Email time stamps get out of sequence? Are you insinuating that Freeh was just a bad proof reader? Surly as thorough as he was, he would have noticed the transfers not syncing correctly and notated that in his report.
Administration and Athletic Dept on different servers with different time settings? Sounds like Schultz and Curley may have been on different servers. I think all of the recovered emails came from Schultz's personal archive. Sequencing still seems odd

I'm saying they got these emails off a variety of different systems, running different email clients, and even printed some of them and then scanned them years later. To assert that any discrepancies in what you think are timestamps on these things proves anything is delusional.

In my San Diego presentation, I discussed the emails at length. In 2001, there were five emails that were used as exhibits in the Freeh Report. Only two of the five had the html tags. Each of emails were used as "evidence" by Freeh that the Big 4 were doing something nefarious. As it turned out, the second email discussion of the "coach" was Jerry Dunn -- not Joe.

The other problem with the email (5G) is that it has the WRONG signature block at the bottom. It should be Schultz's, not Spanier's. This occurs twice in the 2001 emails.

As mhentz said - and as I have said since August 2012, all the University has to do to put this to rest is pull the original files from the server and compare to the ones in the Freeh Report.
That would be too easy.
Freeh is invincible.

I'm saying they got these emails off a variety of different systems, running different email clients, and even printed some of them and then scanned them years later. To assert that any discrepancies in what you think are timestamps on these things proves anything is delusional.

Hmmm. Sounds like some pretty sloppy work putting them back together with no explanation from Freeh as to why, doesn't it. But we have a simple solution, don't we.

You can join the rest of us in requesting the original Email files and electronic source data used by Freeh.

So you're saying that these emails can't be authenticated?
Good thing nothing important is riding on them, eh?

Sounds like a talking point to me. Since they can't be authenticated, then obviously they can't be used against Freeh and the BOT.

Very transparent indeed. You guys are just too easy.

Reading Mr. Blehar's stuff reminds me of a guy named Mark Lane. Similiar styles. He wrote a book "Rush to Judgement".
Lane is the guy that started the crazy conspiracy theories surrounding the Kennedy Assassination. He got everything wrong and questioned the validity of an investigation of a crime that was the most scrutinized in this nations history. Lane is the reason 70% of Americans believe in theories concerning the assassination that don't make sense.

This is also complete horseshit. The answer with any of this is It Depends. If you don't know how they were transferred (were they saved? Were they forwarded by a third party with another email client? [...], you have no idea.

No IT person would ever look at any of the things Ray points to here as any kind of evidence other than that email formatting is a freaking mess in general.
Do you have any experience with email server software other than what you've either read online or been told?

Emails are date/time stamped on the sending server - not the receiving server - and they are 100% NOT updated once created. This has been the standard since around 1997, it was done so that law enforcement would have a reliable evidence trail (now it is entirely possible for someone to write code to update the timestamps, but they would have to do so on ALL copies of the original email - something that is damned near impossible).

You are throwing shit at the fan and hoping no one smells it for what it is.

Louie is going to have a nice big bill to pay back once he's in jail. He may be looking for another big tree to run into as we speak.

Lane is the guy that started the crazy conspiracy theories surrounding the Kennedy Assassination. He got everything wrong and questioned the validity of an investigation of a crime that was the most scrutinized in this nations history. Lane is the reason 70% of Americans believe in theories concerning the assassination that don't make sense.
;)

Do you have any experience with email server software other than what you've either read online or been told?

Emails are date/time stamped on the sending server - not the receiving server - and they are 100% NOT updated once created. This has been the standard since around 1997, it was done so that law enforcement would have a reliable evidence trail (now it is entirely possible for someone to write code to update the timestamps, but they would have to do so on ALL copies of the original email - something that is damned near impossible).

You are throwing shit at the fan and hoping no one smells it for what it is.

Yes, I ran an email server on my desk in the early 1990s on several different operating systems. You have no idea what you're talking about.

Hmmm. Sounds like some pretty sloppy work putting them back together with no explanation from Freeh as to why, doesn't it. But we have a simple solution, don't we.

You can join the rest of us in requesting the original Email files and electronic source data used by Freeh.

Sure. If they exist. IF they exist. Do you know what the email retention policy was at Penn State from 1998 to the present, and whether the backups are even restorable? Care to share the details with us?

A printout of an email in a file is still better than not having the email at all. Unless, of course, you're throwing everything you have against the wall in a desperate attempt to defend some guys who f'ed up.

Let's hope the guys who "f'ed up" go to trial, so we can find out what really happened instead of reading this crap every day. You, for one, a relatively new poster, seem to have a very big interest in this all of a sudden. And on top of it all, you proclaim that it just so happens that you are an expert at running email servers from that precise period of time. What a coincidence!

Yeah, I believe that.

Reactions: NC2017 and WeR0206
Let's hope the guys who "f'ed up" go to trial, so we can find out what really happened instead of reading this crap every day. You, for one, a relatively new poster, seem to have a very big interest in this all of a sudden. And on top of it all, you proclaim that it just so happens that you are an expert at running email servers from that precise period of time. What a coincidence!

I don't.

Yeah, I believe that.

I don't.

Yeah, I believe that.

I was banned from here for several years, genius. And the time I ran servers at my desk was early 90s, not early 00s, but that definitely puts my knowledge ahead of you guys and Ray, who's at the "This tape has a time code, which I'm told is very difficult to fake!" level.

Reactions: Zenophile
I do not even pretend to have knowledge about this kind of stuff. All I know is, I"m deeply skeptical when someone new shows up and claims to be an expert about something that is potentially very useful as evidence against Freeh and the cabal.

We're not fools, here, dude. We know what is going on.

I was banned from here for several years, genius. And the time I ran servers at my desk was early 90s, not early 00s, but that definitely puts my knowledge ahead of you guys and Ray, who's at the "This tape has a time code, which I'm told is very difficult to fake!" level.

If you're so computer savvy, how was it that you weren't able to get around the ban?

Reactions: step.eng69
ADVERTISEMENT