ADVERTISEMENT

Eligibility Spreadsheet

dicemen99

Nov 15, 2005
Just finished updating the roster eligibility recruiting spreadsheet pinned above - removing all the guys leaving, moving everybody up to next year's eligibility and adding incoming recruits. Right now the roster looks like it stands at 29 for next year, so I guess that means we will be seeing about 8 or 9 names coming up as walkons to fill the roster over the next few months. Big roster loss in numbers this year - not sure where these guys are going to come from to fill it out.

Couple things that have been talked about ad nauseum here, but the spreadsheet just really socks them home:

We are in dire straights for multiple recruits at the lower weights - now including up to 141. Seems hard to believe but JG will be a Junior next year. If Nico wrestles next year, we need to get Red or Suriano. Probably number 1 priority. We need recruits across all 3 of the low weights in the next two classes - and we need them in numbers.

Same thing at 197 and 285. Really, really thin. Would probably ease some if Stout was projecting to 97, but in interviews he is saying 184. No 285 project guys in the pipeline - and when we get one, they are probably 3 years away from being able to contribute at least. We really need to add a 220 guy like Ruggear or Gingrich walkon type in this class and the next.

Logpile in the middle. Manville will only add to the jam. Loads of guys at 57, 65 and 74 who project as D1 starters for top 25 programs - I count 8 right now and that doesn't include Joseph or the couple of project frosh we have on the roster who might turn out OK.

I'll say it right now - I don't see Manville starting for this team in his first two years and possibly three with the roster as it is now. It would not surprise me in the least to see this commitment reconsidered. If Zain stays at 41, maybe it's different. But I think that is HIGHLY unlikely with everything I have heard.

ADVERTISEMENT