ADVERTISEMENT

Discusion I heard on FOX Sports radio in the car today

RickinDayton

May 29, 2001
The guest who has a college football podcast was discussing the possibly impact Coach Prime will have on Texas (primarily DFW zone) recruiting given the CU victory Saturday and their move to the Big XII next season. They speculated that if CU has a good season that alot of the fence sitting recruits might migrate CU's way. Also mentioned Dion maintains a home in DFW area and is well liked there.

What say you?

The guest who has a college football podcast was discussing the possibly impact Coach Prime will have on Texas (primarily DFW zone) recruiting given the CU victory Saturday and their move to the Big XII next season. They speculated that if CU has a good season that alot of the fence sitting recruits might migrate CU's way. Also mentioned Dion maintains a home in DFW area and is well liked there.

What say you?
I have no idea where Colorado is getting it's NIL money but I assume they'll compete for recruits as long as that hold up.

I don't think Nebraska can score enough points to keep up with Colorado this week so they're likely to start out well OOC. But then they get into PAC 12 opponents like Oregon & USC. Will 6-6 and a minor bowl game be enough to attract recruits?

I have no idea where Colorado is getting it's NIL money but I assume they'll compete for recruits as long as that hold up.

I don't think Nebraska can score enough points to keep up with Colorado this week so they're likely to start out well OOC. But then they get into PAC 12 opponents like Oregon & USC. Will 6-6 and a minor bowl game be enough to attract recruits?
If he's putting them in the NFL the bowl games don't matter.

If they go 6 & 6 most definitely. He can tell recruits they are some of the missing pieces and they can shock the Big XII in their first year. Coach Prime is a big personality and that makes an impression on many younger people.
I also believe he has assembled a strong coaching staff which includes his OC Sean Lewis. The play calling on Saturdsy vs TCU was impressive.

The alums raised $28 million to pay for Deion's contract.

Hunter is a live action billboard.

The biggest thing going forward is what kind of opponent was TCU. People can say CU was 1-11 last year, but this is literally a completely different team.

U$C won't be able to stop CU. That will be another who has the ball last game and whatever defense can get one or two stops in the game will win.

CU has an offense that will put up points on anyone. They will finish better than 6-6. More like 9-3.

That weed money is definitely going to go away once the novelty is over, it is such a fringe business. LOL

I see nothing but upside for the future of that program as long as Prime is the coach.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT