ADVERTISEMENT

Dino Babers as an OC candidate as a soft landing?

NedFromYork

Aug 29, 2001
Looks like most of his experience is on the offensive side of that ball, I have always thought of him as a good coach.

I would absolutely take him.....he ran the offense that Moorehead copied and I would believe that he would be a better recruiter than Moorehead........
I think he gets the permanent job as the Bills offensive coordinator since the Bills looked much better offensively today against the Jets strong defense.

I would absolutely take him.....he ran the offense that Moorehead copied and I would believe that he would be a better recruiter than Moorehead........
There is nothing at all true about your statement. Syracuse routinely pulls in classes at the bottom of the P5. The way Moorhead structures his reads and checks in his offense in completely different than Babers, who uses air raid concepts in the base structure. He was heavily influenced by Art Briles, and this is not the Mike Leach Air Raid, but it’s conceptually similar. Also, are you aware the ‘Cuse offense sucked big time this year, and had been wildly inconsistent for years?

Babers is just another dude who can mostly competently run an air raid derivative offense, and he does nothing unique in 2023. You’d all be complaining to high heaven.

Last edited:
Babers and Allar as a duo is basically my nightmare. Although maybe this is assuming Allar isn't the the QB? Not a bad idea...I just think it's a bad fit

There is nothing at all true about your statement. Syracuse routinely pulls in classes at the bottom of the P5. The way Moorhead structures his reads and checks in his offense in completely different than Babers, who uses air raid concepts in the base structure. He was heavily influenced by Art Briles, and this is not the Mike Leach Air Raid, but it’s conceptually similar. Also, are you aware the ‘Cuse offense sucked big time this year, and had been wildly inconsistent for years?

Babers is just another dude who can mostly competently run an air raid derivative offense, and he does nothing unique in 2023. You’d all be complaining to high heaven.
Babers was the head coach at Eastern Illinois, a direct quote from an article about Moorehead at Fordham stealing the offense from Eastern Illinois.

"Fordham head coach Andrew Breiner (Fordham offensive coordinator/QB coach, 2011-14): Joe said, “Who do we want to study and who do we want to visit?” I said Eastern Illinois is putting up all these crazy numbers. I think we spent three or four days just on Eastern.

What we got from the film was [reading whether or not the safety came up to defend the run, which would open up the receivers running the posts]. That’s stolen straight from [then Eastern Illinois coach, now Syracuse coach] Dino Babers. I can still remember it was Eastern Illinois vs. Northern Illinois. They were on the right hash going into the end zone away from the scoreboard in NIU. We probably watched [EIU QB Jimmy Garoppolo] 15 times. Our staff got into an argument over whether they were actually reading a safety in the run game or not. Joe was saying, “I think they’re reading the safety.”

I said, “No, how can you ask the QB to read a safety [as a run defender] and make a throw?” We kept going back and forth on it, and the more we watched it, the more I realized Joe was right. The safety was making an immediate movement towards the line of scrimmage, reacting on the run, and then they’re bringing the post right behind him from the X-receiver into the boundary."

The article later says that they learned most/all of the tells that the QB was looking for on each play and they put it in practice at Fordham......Moorehead then went with that offense to PSU.

Babers is a better recruiter than Moorehead, mostly because Moorehead does not like to recruit. Baber recruiting in Syracuse in the ACC is just about impossible to bring in players. He is recruiting at or better than Pitt, BC and the other throw away Northern ACC Schools.

The Defense Rests......

Nunzio Campanile........great name, will use to get a dinner reservation in South Philly this December.........

Im sure CJF will come out with the same crap as in the past.... I have a list of guys, we have to be sensitive to him and the team he is coaching, and sensitive to his family and their situation, and his grandmother, and he had to make calls to the new coachs wife side of the family, and sensitive to our staff, and the administration, and the administrations family.... for f sake... hire someone... announce it... let them drop CJF

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT