ADVERTISEMENT

Damar Hamlin calls out Pitt fans for being crazy

His Dad responded to the guy as well. This is a great response because it is so true. Pitt tries to sell the play for your city slogan all the time, yet no one comes out to even see them from the city. It's a joke and this type of fair weather fan base will be the first to turn on you, if you don't pick Pitt or if things don't go well. These are 16 and 17 year old kids let them make the decision that is best for them not YOU!
20h9ae.png

His Dad responded to the guy as well. This is a great response because it is so true. Pitt tries to sell the play for your city slogan all the time, yet no one comes out to even see them from the city. It's a joke and this type of fair weather fan base will be the first to turn on you, if you don't pick Pitt or if things don't go well. These are 16 and 17 year old kids let them make the decision that is best for them not YOU!
20h9ae.png

Damn! Throwing heat! I think it's safe to say Hamlin isn't going to end up at Pitt.

Reactions: Hotshoe
Wow. The Hamlins did a far better job of dissing Pitt than anything we've done here recently. Bravo, gentlemen. Bravo.

Not surprisingly, doesn't seem to have a thread on the Lair about it, yet. They are still trying to figure out a way to tie Sandusky and Paterno to FIFA, Nike, and other crimes. I kid you not.

Wow. The Hamlins did a far better job of dissing Pitt than anything we've done here recently. Bravo, gentlemen. Bravo.

Not surprisingly, doesn't seem to have a thread on the Lair about it, yet. They are still trying to figure out a way to tie Sandusky and Paterno to FIFA, Nike, and other crimes. I kid you not.
I think if they dig hard enough they may find that JVP did some charity work or a coaching clinic with one or more of the UNC coaches and/or AD staff. He may have even passed through Raleigh on a recruiting trip or vacation.

Every group - college fb fan base, faith organization, geographical area, etc - has its own set of nitwits and knuckleheads. I'm sure there are Penn State folks who tweet nonsense, too. (Not directed to other posters in this chain). Sometimes our tone on this board implies that we are all good and everyone else is all bad. No group has a monopoly on good (or bad). Sorry - had to get that off my chest.

That concludes my homily for the day. The collection basket will be passed around next :)
Cheers, all!

Every group - college fb fan base, faith organization, geographical area, etc - has its own set of nitwits and knuckleheads. I'm sure there are Penn State folks who tweet nonsense, too. (Not directed to other posters in this chain). Sometimes our tone on this board implies that we are all good and everyone else is all bad. No group has a monopoly on good (or bad). Sorry - had to get that off my chest.

That concludes my homily for the day. The collection basket will be passed around next :)
Cheers, all!

Without a doubt, there are fans that tweet at recruits from all teams. I don't think anyone can dispute that. It just so happens that Pitt seems to have more of these than most even with a limited fanbase. There lunatic/per fan index is off the charts!

Reactions: furfoot
Actually, a great deal of the time, the indicting comments here are Lair-specific, as to the nuttiness quotient. Many of our saner posters have stated that those fruitcakes who post on the Lair are not representative of the entire fanbase.

Thank God.

Without a doubt, there are fans that tweet at recruits from all teams. I don't think anyone can dispute that. It just so happens that Pitt seems to have more of these than most even with a limited fanbase. There lunatic/per fan index is off the charts!

+1 on that but here's the really weird part (at least for me) most of them don't even care about Pitt or are only mildly interested in them when they are doing well. So I think they are just lunatics. :D

Lol, what a joke that fan base is, especially in their own city! Bahahaha

Gold Jerry! Gold!

They are quick to talk the talk but not so quick to walk the walk to all those empty yellow seats.

Reactions: del1969
+1 on that but here's the really weird part (at least for me) most of them don't even care about Pitt or are only mildly interested in them when they are doing well. So I think they are just lunatics. :D
Every fan base thinks their rival's fans are the craziest, most out of touch fan base in the country. The thing with Pitt is they don't really have a fan base

I go over to the Liar when I feel my sanity slipping and then it brings me back because I am in no way as looney as that group. They must run out of tin foil in the 'burg. The FIFA was the icing on the cake - so PSU was responsible for bribing FIFA Officials somehow or was bribed, I couldn't really understand the point they were trying to make - That Captain Reilly and Crazy Taco spend page after page trying to run down PSU. It's pretty crazy. Now it's that we brag about 107K at the stadium when we only get that once a year and how it's doesn't matter that their stadium is empty because they don't emphasize football - OK got it.

The proof is in the pudding. How can anyone say they have a great fan base or atmosphere or anything when no one shows up? How can they claim to be a winning program when they don't win? I pay them no mind honestly. They may be a foe but they are not a rival.

The proof is in the pudding. How can anyone say they have a great fan base or atmosphere or anything when no one shows up? How can they claim to be a winning program when they don't win? I pay them no mind honestly. They may be a foe but they are not a rival.
The lesson here is that recruits and their families pay attention to what posters say. One lunatic fan calling out a recruit can undo all that a coaching staff has done to develop a positive relationship.

Agree. The recruiting game is a lot harder nowadays. I have a lot of respect for the kids that just stay away from twitter during this process.

Reactions: EPC FAN

Cheers, all!
Yes, but the Pitters skew the bell curve.

Reactions: Hotshoe
I go over to the Liar when I feel my sanity slipping and then it brings me back because I am in no way as looney as that group. They must run out of tin foil in the 'burg. The FIFA was the icing on the cake - so PSU was responsible for bribing FIFA Officials somehow or was bribed, I couldn't really understand the point they were trying to make - That Captain Reilly and Crazy Taco spend page after page trying to run down PSU. It's pretty crazy. Now it's that we brag about 107K at the stadium when we only get that once a year and how it's doesn't matter that their stadium is empty because they don't emphasize football - OK got it.
I've posted this before awhile ago, but it bears repeating. I think somebody beat up Captain Sidney Reilly when he was a youngster and stole his lunch money. He never recovered.

Reactions: Hotshoe and RobBliz
Reilly's obviously off his rocker, but to me he comes across as more sane than some of the others. At least he does admit that Pitt is swimming uphill, and between the lines you get the idea that he realizes how screwed they are. The others are totally delusional, and frankly and in all honesty, I think a few of them may well be criminally insane. For all I know, they are posting from behind bars already.

The Captain had had varied names like CFBexpert and the like. He's far from an expert.

Cheers, all!
So here is the thing.... how many people post on BWI? I don't know, but for arguments sake, let's say it is 2,000 and maybe about 5 of us are totally off our rockers.
On the Lair, they have about 10 people that post and everyone of them appears crazy.

I'm convinced they take pride in being "long-suffering". There is a time and place for suffering, but when you suffer year-in and year-out with no end in sight, it's time to move on to greener pastures. Suffering for the sake of suffering is not a virtue.

Pitt "football" fans should take this advice.

20h9ae.png
Haha! That is a great response...

Are you talking about the Pitt that is currently #69 in Rivals recruiting??

Almost every post on the the Lair somehow finds it's way back to PSU. Somebody could start a thread about Coca-Cola and it would somehow lead back to pedophilia and PSU. Someone would make some absurd connection between the two and it will no doubt spiral out of control into a PSU is the boogie man thread.

Last edited:
They say some of us are nuts, but when called out by an independent source as "crazy" that's telling.

They say some of us are nuts, but when called out by an independent source as "crazy" that's telling.

You just don't understand, man. It's US. WE'RE the ones who are crazy. WE'RE the ones who are clueless. Why would any recruit want to come and be a pedophile? Surely no recruits would ever come here and be part of the pedophile culture that currently runs rampant within our university.

Yet, they still do. So either all of these kids are pedophile and child rape apologists or this culture they think runs rampant in our school doesn't actually exist. Any reasonable person would be able to figure out which one of those is more likely.

They are blaming it on a WVU fan now. This fan supposedly created an account 6 months ago, tweeted nothing but positives about Pitt until yesterday, tweeted nothing directly at Hamlin, but yet they are saying it was a WVU fan. Classic Pitt....blame others for your failures.

They are blaming it on a WVU fan now. This fan supposedly created an account 6 months ago, tweeted nothing but positives about Pitt until yesterday, tweeted nothing directly at Hamlin, but yet they are saying it was a WVU fan. Classic Pitt....blame others for your failures.

Why didn't they call this phantom out 6 months ago?

This applies to PSU as well.

We finally know what Pitt is #1 at, pissing off in state 4 star recruits via twitter. Congratulations and hope that you retain that title for a very long time.

Also, congratulations on the well thought out "I'm rubber and you're glue" response.

This applies to PSU as well.
Hey "Pitt is #1" as long as you're here will you please explain the utter nonsense and misinformation CONSTANTLY on your board regarding the Sandusky scandal? I've read many vile inaccuracies that have no context on your boards about it. Just shots at PSU over, and over, and over, and over, and over again as if Happy Valley is fraught with pedophiles, which it clearly is not. You MIGHT gain some credibility here if you can give a forthright answer to that question.

Reactions: jim cummings

Stupid Pitts fans dont realize they can blame it on whomever they want, but the recruit has already formed his negative perception

Hey "Pitt is #1" as long as you're here will you please explain the utter nonsense and misinformation CONSTANTLY on your board regarding the Sandusky scandal? I've read many vile inaccuracies that have no context on your boards about it. Just shots at PSU over, and over, and over, and over, and over again as if Happy Valley is fraught with pedophiles, which it clearly is not. You MIGHT gain some credibility here if you can give a forthright answer to that question.
Obviously, every fan base has a share of posters who post in bad taste.

Stupid Pitts fans dont realize they can blame it on whomever they want, but the recruit has already formed his negative perception

Obviously, who ever made the post is a moron. However, anyone who is not involved as a recruiter and actually follows these kids on Twitter is a moron as well.

You just don't love me, because I speak the truth about Pitt and the truth hurts, doesn't it

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT