ADVERTISEMENT

Could that deep bomb to KLS change things for Allar/PSU?

PSUWrestlingFanSince2011

Mar 22, 2022
I just think that Allars arm is too big to be dinking and dunking all game. I want to see us going deep numerous times per game. Our offense is too inconsistent for these long drives. Hope to see more of that vs Maryland. Because vs. Michigan what else are we going to do? Drive the length of the field? No.

Maybe the hypnosis is over. Allar needs to play to all his strengths. Just like Singleton and Allen and every player on offense does. Hopefully, they are all put into a position to perform at their best based on their strengths going forward.

Without the threat of the big play dink and dunk alone does not end well. Same goes for bombs away every play. Let's hope this was a watershed moment for Allar and the comatose coaching staff, too.

Question for all of the pundits/experts --- How many of Jerry Rice's catches (1,549?) where long bombs; don't count ones with YACs?

Reactions: bourbon n blues
I think the point people are trying to make us there’s no separation from our WRs. Ie, they’re not open for Allar to throw to. Rice may not have run a lot of long bombs but he was often open

Reactions: LandoComando
Glass half full …..I agree op…..something to build on. We aren’t a playoff team right now, but that was an encouraging play. Most of the people on this board must of never played sports. Confidence is a funny thing……when you don’t have it things can seem impossible, when you do…..can be unstoppable. Hoping that’s that little series (int then TD) was the turning point for an upward trajectory.

Reactions: royboy
Question for all of the pundits/experts --- How many of Jerry Rice's catches (1,549?) where long bombs; don't count ones with YACs?
They had others like Taylor to stretch the field. You have to take shots deep to create space underneath or else the safeties move up and there's more traffic in areas.

We need to launch 3-5 bombs per game for the purpose of stretching the defense. We also need a lot more back shoulders as well as pick plays. MY is failing in creativity on most plays between the 20’s only cracking open the playbook in the red zone. He is competing against Ganter for most unimaginative OC’s in PSU history. God-bless Singleton and Allen who are running against loaded boxes every play because if the vanilla game plan.

We need to launch 3-5 bombs per game for the purpose of stretching the defense. We also need a lot more back shoulders as well as pick plays. MY is failing in creativity on most plays between the 20’s only cracking open the playbook in the red zone. He is competing against Ganter for most unimaginative OC’s in PSU history. God-bless Singleton and Allen who are running against loaded boxes every play because if the vanilla game plan.
Grantee was OC for best offense in NCAA. History

I feel like the staff out training wheels on Allar. I think he has to understand that he is the man and no longer a protege. The staff needs to take the training wheels off

Reactions: RickinDayton
I feel like the staff out training wheels on Allar. I think he has to understand that he is the man and no longer a protege. The staff needs to take the training wheels off
Watching a true freshman at Arizona make play after play last night against #11 Oregon State was in a way disheartening.

Grantee was OC for best offense in NCAA. History
'94? Yes, that was a great offense for PSU. If we could get that caliber of OL again between the tackles, that would be amazing but not realistic in the short term. Of course Kerry Collins and Kijana had a lot to do with the success of that offense that year.

'94? Yes, that was a great offense for PSU. If we could get that caliber of OL again between the tackles, that would be amazing but not realistic in the short term. Of course Kerry Collins and Kijana had a lot to do with the success of that offense that year.
And Bobby and Kyle.

Reactions: AtlantaLion
This is not a West Coast offense and none of our WRs run routes and get separation like Jerry Rice.

except there have been few if any college teams to ever have an OL that good. and i am not just talking about PSU, I mean anywhere. that was like a once in 100 years type of thing

It was a good throw by Allar and great effort by Lambert-Smith but the play felt forced and an act of desperation. The worse things is, why did we need a big play to get us over the top against Indiana?
yep a little lucky and it should have never came down to this.

Drew threw at least 4 long bombs.
The TD to Keandre, another one that he dropped. The other 2 were well thrown but the wr did not a burst to get in under it. This could be Franklin's worst WR room. We had at least 2 completions over the middle to TEs, one a TD. Yurcich broke tendencies and used the whole field much better.

It was a good throw by Allar and great effort by Lambert-Smith but the play felt forced and an act of desperation. The worse things is, why did we need a big play to get us over the top against Indiana?
LMAOROFL What a KAREN comment. You would be 1st in line to complain if they hadn't thrown it. Your comment seems forced to back up a critical nature. You would have nothing good to say about sunshine.

Reactions: royboy
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT