ADVERTISEMENT

Could Pickett be like Brogdon in NBA?

87 Penn St8

Feb 11, 2009
Chester County, PA
Saw more of Malcom at UVA than NBA but he has been playing great vs. 76ers. Decent defender. Can hit an open 3. But the biggest similarity is a strong "old man" game/finishing near the basket. Neither are fast...but both are players. Brogdon was a 2nd rounder. Could bode well for Jalen...

Reactions: NedFromYork
I think it would be tough...Brogdon is a better athlete, and I just don't see Pickett being able to a) defend at an NBA level, or b) find those mismatches at the offensive end that he ate up in the college game. I see the similarities, but Brogdon was a national player of the year level guy in college. However, I think Pickett will make plenty of money playing overseas for the next decade.

Reactions: 87 Penn St8
i was thinking Pickett needs to find his niche as a poor man's Jalen Brunson leading the 2nd team. Brunson is a guard who likes to post up and work inside out like Pickett. If Pickett can do that against the 2nd team where the athletes aren't quite as good, maybe that style will be able to work.

Pickets charge ….. sorry, couldn’t resist….was pushing guys back u til he was within range. At 6’ 4” and 235 he could that quite well. But NBA players are all stronger and he won’t be able to push guys around so easily or consistently. He will have to modify his game a lot to succeed. Hope he does so but expect it to take some time.

Last edited:
Saw more of Malcom at UVA than NBA but he has been playing great vs. 76ers. Decent defender. Can hit an open 3. But the biggest similarity is a strong "old man" game/finishing near the basket. Neither are fast...but both are players. Brogdon was a 2nd rounder. Could bode well for Jalen...
Would love to see it…but no.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT