ADVERTISEMENT

"Conservative 'Moms' group slams Burger King for using 'the d-word' in a commercial"

My thoughts exactly. There are far more pressing issues that people could be putting their energy toward solving.

Also, I believe the article got it wrong. Unless there’s another commercial that I haven’t seen, the guy does not say “Damn that’s good.” He says “I’m a damn fool” regarding his prior reluctance to try the Impossible Whopper.

Damn sloppy journalism.
It's from an ad that ran in the summer. Maybe there are two "damn" commercials. If so it's already too late to stop the downfall of Western Civilization as we know it. :)

Reactions: CVLion
6a00d8341c730253ef0168e8935b38970c-800wi

This is Monica Cole. She is the "One Million Moms"....or as the article stated...."One Meddling Mom"...
She should be spanked.

At the risk of ruining my libtard reputation, I’d rather not have ‘damn’ in a commercial my kids could hear. I said ‘sh*t’ in front of my daughter and the questions were endless.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's from an ad that ran in the summer. Maybe there are two "damn" commercials. If so it's already too late to stop the downfall of Western Civilization as we know it. :)

Ah, I didn’t realize that. I guess I can’t keep up with all the damn “damn” proliferation!

Soooo.....where is this woman whenever the Ohio State Band, aka "The Best Damn Band in the Land" is announced?
There’s a company here where I live called Big Ass Fans....oh no, the horror.

At the risk of ruining my libtard reputation, I’d rather not have ‘damn’ in a commercial my kids could hear. I said ‘sh*t’ in front of my daughter and the questions were endless.

I'm the same way. I'm constantly explaining tv violence and inappropriate language to my daughter and why it's not good to use. My daughter came home the other day and said hell, and I had to explain to her that even if her friends said it, it still was not ok. She loves Monty Python skits. There is one on the village idiot that she would find absolutely hysterical, but the ending of it puts it off limits for now. When we watched The Holy Grail, I told her ahead of time there was a scene we would be skipping because it was inappropriate. I can handle these situations, but I'd prefer not to.

I'm the same way. I'm constantly explaining tv violence and inappropriate language to my daughter and why it's not good to use. My daughter came home the other day and said hell, and I had to explain to her that even if her friends said it, it still was not ok. She loves Monty Python skits. There is one on the village idiot that she would find absolutely hysterical, but the ending of it puts it off limits for now. When we watched The Holy Grail, I told her ahead of time there was a scene we would be skipping because it was inappropriate. I can handle these situations, but I'd prefer not to.

I told my kids they can curse after they pay a bill with their name on it for 6 months.

Im sure I agree with these Million Moms on very little as they’re likely absurdly uptight, but like you, I don’t see the problem with not wanting foul language on TV that my son could be watching. Although another part is just about the general coarsening of society, for no benefit.

I was visiting with my 93 year old grandmother over the holidays and she put Family Feud on. I watched and enjoyed that show a lot as a kid. I had no idea it was now a show I wouldn’t let my son watch and was embarrassing to see with my grandmother. When exactly did that show change to feature nothing but “titillating” topics (for example, “when grandpa makes whoopee, he likes to leave this on?” Wtf?!?) Again, general coarsening of society.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT