ADVERTISEMENT

Coaching changes 2024

They’re starting the process next year. I’ve been told they’ve got a bunch of guys in the portal now because of the postseason ban during the transition. I’d imagine they’ll participate in the NCWA championships in the meantime

At Nebraska they are hiring Miss Manners to teach Marky Manning how to use Twitter and exit an arena without being a douche. Tough task, so pay will be premium and rumor is they are hiring AJ Ferrari. I know what everybody is thinking, what!? The reasoning is that despite AJ continous childlike and criminal behaviors that he will be able to teach Coach Manning to do a split and the athletic administration will then be able to disengage his head from his ass and his Twitter and arena exiting skills (and manners) will improve.

• Wow
Reactions: winner01
Okie St. board is saying theres a lot of smoke ab DT being an option for them. Big if true. He could flip their program around fast.

Interesting/scary that we might have been close to losing Cael to Ok State if the change of AD hadn’t have happened. (Per @smalls103 and Fellers on their podcast).

Can you imagine losing the GOAT and all he’s built because of that simpleton, Barbour?

WHOA...
The screenshot is of a round-trip Netjets flight between Oklahoma City and State College yesterday and today.

Fellers is now reporting that a private jet is flying from State College to Oklahoma City today. His tweet suggests David Taylor is the target.

these smaller schools cannot keep up money wise with the big school NIL has just made things worse!Schools will be dropping the sport!

Just out of curiosity, what has become of Coleman Scott? He left Chapel Hill presumably to transition Okie St wrestling from the John Smith era to the Coleman Scott era.

Last edited:
Reactions: PSUer1989
DT to Ok St would be a huge pick up. I am all for parity and he clearly knows how to coach. I would be bummed, but it was bound to happen. Other wrestlers are coaching elsewhere already, I believe this would be the first head coaching job, if it happens.

Last week, I made it clear that in my mind G/R should not be classified with F/S wrestling - enough of that topic!

I realize after watching way too much F/S wrestling the last month or so - folkstyle is much more exciting to watch! Even Lewan!

3-4 leg laces and that's exposure - dumb as hell to me? The guys are sitting on their asses and rolling to keep their knees from being torn!

I've never been leg laced - have no idea if it's painful or not - Beau went around quick when Alirez pinched/crossed his knees -

dropping to your knees prevents the 1pt step out or you see a caution offered for fleeing ... maybe caution and 1 ... what the hell? You are out of bounds, knees or not? Award the point! Keep it consistent

body locks and exposures when you clearly are taken down is dumb - the initiator gets penalized for the elementary school roll thru ?!?! <--- really DUMB

Folkstyle is understood by every wrestler / wrestling fan in the USA - Top/Bottom/Neutral -

Interesting/scary that we might have been close to losing Cael to Ok State if the change of AD hadn’t have happened. (Per @smalls103 and Fellers on their podcast).

Can you imagine losing the GOAT and all he’s built because of that simpleton, Barbour?
What's the back story with Barbour??
All i can find is that Cael and Franklin didn't love her...

Thanks in advance.

Reactions: Creek Side
It’s hard for me to believe that a top tier wrestling school would offer the head coaching position to someone with zero college coaching experience. Casey Cunningham would be a more logical choice. He would have no trouble transitioning to a head coaching position. That would also be a perfect opportunity for David Taylor to replace Casey. The selfish me hopes neither leave State College.

Reactions: Creek Side
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT