ADVERTISEMENT

CMU goes silent and now joins NCAA investigation. It goes deep folks. Click on the link.

SLion

May 29, 2001
Click on it hundred times to keep this going on ESPN.

I believe Stallions said he "acted alone" when he resigned. So one would have to wonder who he was able to secure sideline passes if he "acted alone." It would seem that somebody would have had to call a buddy at CMU and make the arrangements unless Stallions had a connection. The point is that it was probably a conspiracy, it is just a matter of who participated.

Adding to that the OC that was fired and under investigation, it falls under the heading of...

tumblr_mfrb1rzm7a1rcwa0zo1_500.gif

I believe Stallions said he "acted alone" when he resigned. So one would have to wonder who he was able to secure sideline passes if he "acted alone." It would seem that somebody would have had to call a buddy at CMU and make the arrangements unless Stallions had a connection. The point is that it was probably a conspiracy, it is just a matter of who participated.

Adding to that the OC that was fired and under investigation, it falls under the heading of...

tumblr_mfrb1rzm7a1rcwa0zo1_500.gif
thought exercise...how is it possible that Stalions acted alone without the HC or OC or DC being aware?

Stalions: hey coach, MSU is going to run a sweep right.
DC: I have no idea how you would know that, but okay, I'll trust you.

thought exercise...how is it possible that Stalions acted alone without the HC or OC or DC being aware?

Yep. A guy just happens to show up every week with the opposing team's signals and nobody asks who the F he is and how he got them. Discovery of texts and emails should be fun. At this point, I have to believe that UM is just trying to buy time until the season is over.

Remember that you are allowed to use publicly available stuff to come up with it...could be that he said "I know that because I watched the ESPN/BTN feeds from every game and figured it out". It's in the realm of possibility, however the $ that he had to invest in all of these away tickets and people to film is what makes it unlikely.

Is it remotely possible that Michigan's OC/DC/HC looked at is as a "wow, you're good, and I don't even want to know how you figure all this stuff out"? Possibly. However, that's still lack of institutional control, as they should know how he's coming up with it.

Yep. A guy just happens to show up every week with the opposing team's signals and nobody asks who the F he is and how he got them. Discovery of texts and emails should be fun. At this point, I have to believe that UM is just trying to buy time until the season is over.

The cover-up is worse than the crime.
scUM is saying Stalions acted alone and harbaugh/OC/DC had not knowledge and are threatening a lawsuit if the B1G/NCAA does anything this season. If the HC/DC/OC are shown to be complicit in the scandal, that means that they are lying to delay penalties until after this tainted season ends.

The NCAA is supposed to govern competition issues. If scUM is lying about Stalions, to allow them to continue to compete in a season in which they have serious COMPETITION INFRACTIONS, then the penalties must be MORE severe. The cover-up is worse than the crime.

Remember that you are allowed to use publicly available stuff to come up with it...could be that he said "I know that because I watched the ESPN/BTN feeds from every game and figured it out". It's in the realm of possibility, however the $ that he had to invest in all of these away tickets and people to film is what makes it unlikely.

Is it remotely possible that Michigan's OC/DC/HC looked at is as a "wow, you're good, and I don't even want to know how you figure all this stuff out"? Possibly. However, that's still lack of institutional control, as they should know how he's coming up with it.
Jim Harbaugh 2017-2020: Derr, how do I beat UW, PSU, OSU, MSU and even South Carolina with such crum offenses and leaky D? I will cancel rest of games, blame COVID and state that "I need to get better". What was the Connor kid saying about knowing play calls?
2021-now: UM is the best. Jim is magical.

Fair. So let's examine that possibility...that would mean UM had someone apparently on staff dedicated to sign stealing, he shows he is correct, and the UM staff decides they are all on board and institutionalizes the practice of sign stealing to gain an advantage unrelated to skill and competence.
----
One thought that popped into my head....Stalions was apparently on the scUM staff in 2019 and again beginning in 2021. Somehow, magically, the one season where CFB was being played in front of empty stadiums, is the one season when he wasn't employed. If this was a tv/game film operation, he would have been just as valuable in 2020.

Reactions: Woodpecker
scUM is saying Stalions acted alone and harbaugh/OC/DC had not knowledge and are threatening a lawsuit if the B1G/NCAA does anything this season. If the HC/DC/OC are shown to be complicit in the scandal, that means that they are lying to delay penalties until after this tainted season ends.

The NCAA is supposed to govern competition issues. If scUM is lying about Stalions, to allow them to continue to compete in a season in which they have serious COMPETITION INFRACTIONS, then the penalties must be MORE severe. The cover-up is worse than the crime.
so why all of the tickets to competing games? And in the games I've seen, they don't show the coaches signaling plays very much.

Unless you’ve committed murder, or armed robbery, the criminal behavior in a coverup usually exceeds that which occurred in the original crime.

Jim Harbaugh 2017-2020: Derr, how do I beat UW, PSU, OSU, MSU and even South Carolina with such crum offenses and leaky D? I will cancel rest of games, blame COVID and state that "I need to get better". What was the Connor kid saying about knowing play calls?
2021-now: UM is the best. Jim is magical.
Don't forget....

Michigan cut Harbaugh's base salary from $8 million to $4 million following a 2-4 campaign in 2020. Michigan is 33-3 since Harbaugh took that pay cut.

Reactions: Yanks49 and bison13
I didn't see this discussed elsewhere but this is from the ESPN article on this:

"
Anil Jain, a distinguished professor in the Michigan State Department of Computer Science and Engineering and a nationally recognized facial recognition expert, believes it's "highly likely" that the images of the man wearing sunglasses and a hat on the Central Michigan sideline and of Stalions on the Michigan sideline are the same person.

At ESPN's request, Jain and Steven Grosz, a doctoral student, used state-of-the-art commercial face recognition system to compare the two photographs. The system compared the images based on several facial characteristics -- Jain said they are trade secrets -- to provide a similarity score in the range of zero to 1. The higher the similarity score, the more likely the two faces being compared are the same person.

Jain said the system produced a similarity score of 0.6 when comparing the two photographs. To validate that score, Jain and Grosz compared Stalions' photo to a database of more than 4,500 photos of white males.

"The reason why it's 0.6 is because there's a disguise," Jain told ESPN. "If I take an identical photo, it would be 1. Even changes in the pose, illumination, expression, sunglasses, the match will never be perfect. Based on this analysis, the two images are of the same person with high confidence."

I didn't see this discussed elsewhere but this is from the ESPN article on this:

"
Anil Jain, a distinguished professor in the Michigan State Department of Computer Science and Engineering and a nationally recognized facial recognition expert, believes it's "highly likely" that the images of the man wearing sunglasses and a hat on the Central Michigan sideline and of Stalions on the Michigan sideline are the same person.

At ESPN's request, Jain and Steven Grosz, a doctoral student, used state-of-the-art commercial face recognition system to compare the two photographs. The system compared the images based on several facial characteristics -- Jain said they are trade secrets -- to provide a similarity score in the range of zero to 1. The higher the similarity score, the more likely the two faces being compared are the same person.

Jain said the system produced a similarity score of 0.6 when comparing the two photographs. To validate that score, Jain and Grosz compared Stalions' photo to a database of more than 4,500 photos of white males.

"The reason why it's 0.6 is because there's a disguise," Jain told ESPN. "If I take an identical photo, it would be 1. Even changes in the pose, illumination, expression, sunglasses, the match will never be perfect. Based on this analysis, the two images are of the same person with high confidence."
3,2,1 till the idiots arrive claiming that since he’s from MSU his opinion is irrelevant, invalid and tainted.

Reactions: step.eng69

and even before that...

Stalions; hey coach, MSU is going to run a sweep right.
HC: who are you, and what are you doing on my sideline?
DC: uh, this is Nick the Killer, that guy we hired and are paying money to, to take care of that thing.
HC: Oh, never mind.

"

Honestly, I'm just going to guess that Jain is probably just schilling for some research funds by making this public statement.

(Ironically, Aardvark Jr is taking a comp-sci facial recognition this course this fall at UVA to help him figure out better/analagous electronic ways to interpret combustion data for his hypersonic laser diagnostics PhD work.)

UM's most likely defense is to claim Stalions was a psychic.... and a very good one at that, and the UM coaching staff put all their faith into his ability to guess the opposing plays/formations correctly.

UM's most likely defense is to claim Stalions was a psychic.... and a very good one at that, and the UM coaching staff put all their faith into his ability to guess the opposing plays/formations correctly.
They haven’t yet used the time worn dodge that he served in the military and, hence, his integrity and character should never be questioned lest we tar you as lacking sufficient patriotism.

Timothy McVeigh kind of punctured that fallacy for a time, but it’s back with a vengeance.

• Haha
Reactions: republion
They haven’t yet used the time worn dodge that he served in the military and, hence, his integrity and character should never be questioned lest we tar you as lacking sufficient patriotism.

Timothy McVeigh kind of punctured that fallacy for a time, but it’s back with a vengeance.
Yah, they have absolutely earned the nickname scUM.

Reactions: PSU621
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT