ADVERTISEMENT

"Cigar-shaped interstellar object may have been an alien probe, Harvard paper claims"

5404161_ml.jpg
2e0ea8a1aecf112b04c3f8ab06488ed4.gif

Reactions: Nittany Ziggy
How stupid are these people? Take a look at the object. It is obviously a rock with jagged edges. Does anyone think that a civilization capable of interstellar travel would design and build a space ship with broken jagged edges and random lumps all over it?

636467885502367772-eso1737a.jpg
It's camouflage- casue they are sneaking up on us

well, I am looking out over lake erie and see nothing but water. Therefore, I postulate that Canada doesn't exist.

You may be on to something. Does Canada really exist?

Outside of the rare ‘Bigfoot like’ sighting in Olympic hockey every 4 years does Canada ever show up anywhere else? Hell, even their Stanley Cup is homeless. It’s been running around the USA for 25 years now. ;)

If anyone doubts that life only exists on earth I present you Nasa's gigapixel of a single galaxy called Anrdomeda. Then consider that the universe contains an estimated 100 Billion to 200 Billion galaxies.

Well, you are free to believe life exists elsewhere, but there is no Scientific evidence that it does.

How stupid are these people? Take a look at the object. It is obviously a rock with jagged edges. Does anyone think that a civilization capable of interstellar travel would design and build a space ship with broken jagged edges and random lumps all over it?

636467885502367772-eso1737a.jpg
They wanted to show up at Earth incognito!

The people who poke fun at stuff like this likely have an agenda, such as religious beliefs that would not fit well with the concept of life forms that are more advanced than ours.

There is ample evidence of such craft. Many point to Roswell, but the Phoenix Lights incident, when viewed closely, shows the outline of a very large boomerang-shaped craft. That was witnessed by millions.

There are numerous military accounts. Militaries would be the first to protect secrets like this, yet several prominent incidents have leaked out. I watched a documentary wherein the personnel of a nuclear air craft carrier were ordered below decks. A large cigar-shaped craft emerged from the sea very close to the carrier and then sped off at impossible speed. There have been similar accounts of craft emerging from the sea.

A lot of activity started shortly after WWII and the advent of the nuclear age. I think it is probable that this is part of the story behind the increased frequency of incidents.

There is much that we don't understand about physics. It is very likely that our understanding is relatively primitive. Our knowledge of science started to grow significantly only a few hundred years ago, a spec in time. How well do you think an ant understands the world above? So it is with us. There are likely ways to pass through the universe that are not within our means of comprehension.
If there was really intelligent life out there, they would have already destroyed us for our stupidity!

:eek:

See the link below. From the article:

"(CNN) -- A mysterious cigar-shaped object spotted tumbling through our solar system last year may have been an alien spacecraft sent to investigate Earth, astronomers from Harvard University have suggested.

The object, nicknamed 'Oumuamua, meaning "a messenger that reaches out from the distant past" in Hawaiian, was first discovered in October 2017 by the Pan-STARRS 1 telescope in Hawaii.
Since its discovery, scientists have been at odds to explain its unusual features and precise origins, with researchers first calling it a comet and then an asteroid, before finally deeming it the first of its kind: a new class of "interstellar objects."

Now, a new paper by researchers at the Harvard Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics raises the possibility that the elongated dark-red object, which is 10 times as long as it is wide and traveling at speeds of 196,000 mph, might have an "artificial origin."

"'Oumuamua may be a fully operational probe sent intentionally to Earth vicinity by an alien civilization," they wrote in the paper, which has been submitted to the Astrophysical Journal Letters."

https://www.cnn.com/2018/11/06/health/oumuamua-alien-probe-harvard-intl/index.html

ACADEMIC. RESEARCH. :eek:

Maybe the unidentified object is the Paterno Statue?

Haven't seen a cigar probe that big since Bill Clinton was in the White House

Yep... and they voted Blue last night.

Anyone that votes based on party and not the integrity of the candidate (and their platform) is doing all a disservice. That mentality just encourages the system to remain status quo -- FUBAR.

For the record, there were five elections on my ballot last night. I voted for two Democrats and one Republican. In the other two, I didn't like either Rep or Dem, so I chose the Libertarian candidate instead.

:eek:

See the link below. From the article:

"(CNN) -- A mysterious cigar-shaped object spotted tumbling through our solar system last year may have been an alien spacecraft sent to investigate Earth, astronomers from Harvard University have suggested.

The object, nicknamed 'Oumuamua, meaning "a messenger that reaches out from the distant past" in Hawaiian, was first discovered in October 2017 by the Pan-STARRS 1 telescope in Hawaii.
Since its discovery, scientists have been at odds to explain its unusual features and precise origins, with researchers first calling it a comet and then an asteroid, before finally deeming it the first of its kind: a new class of "interstellar objects."

Now, a new paper by researchers at the Harvard Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics raises the possibility that the elongated dark-red object, which is 10 times as long as it is wide and traveling at speeds of 196,000 mph, might have an "artificial origin."

"'Oumuamua may be a fully operational probe sent intentionally to Earth vicinity by an alien civilization," they wrote in the paper, which has been submitted to the Astrophysical Journal Letters."

https://www.cnn.com/2018/11/06/health/oumuamua-alien-probe-harvard-intl/index.html

ACADEMIC. RESEARCH. :eek:

"This thread had such promise."

Sincerely,

AustinNit's girlfriend.

Anyone that votes based on party and not the integrity of the candidate (and their platform) is doing all a disservice. That mentality just encourages the system to remain status quo -- FUBAR.

For the record, there were five elections on my ballot last night. I voted for two Democrats and one Republican. In the other two, I didn't like either Rep or Dem, so I chose the Libertarian candidate instead.
I understand what you are saying and agree. On the other side, go check the historic voting records of anyone on either side. I'd be shocked if any of them vote anything less than 95% party ticket. There is a video of Joe Manchin about to stand and applaud at the SOTU speach this last january regarding jobs numbers. As he is about to stand, he looks over and sees the minority leader glaring at him. He sits like a puppy who just saw a rolled up newspaper. This isn't to pick on Manchin, whom I like, or that party. It is both ways. Who can't applaud good jobs numbers? So good job numbers are bad when it is bad for your party? This tells you were priorities are.

Reactions: Connorpozlee
I understand what you are saying and agree. On the other side, go check the historic voting records of anyone on either side. I'd be shocked if any of them vote anything less than 95% party ticket. There is a video of Joe Manchin about to stand and applaud at the SOTU speach this last january regarding jobs numbers. As he is about to stand, he looks over and sees the minority leader glaring at him. He sits like a puppy who just saw a rolled up newspaper. This isn't to pick on Manchin, whom I like, or that party. It is both ways. Who can't applaud good jobs numbers? So good job numbers are bad when it is bad for your party? This tells you were priorities are.

Sure. This happens because we all vote for "our party". If we'd constantly vote out incumbents that only vote along party lines, they'd get a more clear picture of how we want things to work.

Also, if we'd elect about 10% third party candidates, enough that neither party had enough votes, something might actually get accomplished.

Sure. This happens because we all vote for "our party". If we'd constantly vote out incumbents that only vote along party lines, they'd get a more clear picture of how we want things to work.

Also, if we'd elect about 10% third party candidates, enough that neither party had enough votes, something might actually get accomplished.
I like you attitude but don't think that is the way it works any longer (sadly). The party controls the money. If you want to get elected, you need to get elected through your party. When your term is up you want money? A name visitor? Logistics? Data? Sure, just toe the company line. If not, good luck in November.

kavanagu; every dem saw it one way and every repub saw it the opposite...except for the one guy who KNEW he'd be voted out. so they made a deal, he votes for Kav while a Repub abstains. Everybody wins!

Check out the "never trump'ers" who got voted out of office yesterday.

Sadly, if you don't follow the party platform, you'll be out. Either internally when the party puts someone against you, or externally when they don't support your reelection.

I like you attitude but don't think that is the way it works any longer (sadly).

My hope is that through some social media platform, us 99%'ers can come up with a better plan that doesn't require so much cash to get elected. It's past time to get the money out of politics. The "Viral candidate" concept needs to catch fire in a big way.

Reactions: Obliviax
Yep... and they voted Blue last night.

I like you attitude but don't think that is the way it works any longer (sadly). The party controls the money. If you want to get elected, you need to get elected through your party. When your term is up you want money? A name visitor? Logistics? Data? Sure, just toe the company line. If not, good luck in November.

kavanagu; every dem saw it one way and every repub saw it the opposite...except for the one guy who KNEW he'd be voted out. so they made a deal, he votes for Kav while a Repub abstains. Everybody wins!

Check out the "never trump'ers" who got voted out of office yesterday.

Sadly, if you don't follow the party platform, you'll be out. Either internally when the party puts someone against you, or externally when they don't support your reelection.

My hope is that through some social media platform, us 99%'ers can come up with a better plan that doesn't require so much cash to get elected. It's past time to get the money out of politics. The "Viral candidate" concept needs to catch fire in a big way.

FOOTBALL. :eek:

FOOTBALL. :eek:

This is a thread about alien probes. We are trying to get that probe to help win some future elections. If it helps Penn State win some football games too, then we'll just call it a bonus. I'm not convinced it didn't cause the storm delay in East Lansing last year by the way.

So while not an alien probe, these researches from Penn State put the search for extraterrestrial life in perspective. Short version: We’ve barely scratched the surface. What we’ve done so far in searching for ET signals is like taking a hot tub equivalent of water from the ocean, searching it for aquatic life, not finding any and then assuming that therefore there must not be any life in the oceans.

https://www.technologyreview.com/s/...ife/amp/?utm_source=quora&utm_medium=referral

So while not an alien probe, these researches from Penn State put the search for extraterrestrial life in perspective. Short version: We’ve barely scratched the surface. What we’ve done so far in searching for ET signals is like taking a hot tub equivalent of water from the ocean, searching it for aquatic life, not finding any and then assuming that therefore there must not be any life in the oceans.

https://www.technologyreview.com/s/...ife/amp/?utm_source=quora&utm_medium=referral
Well, I for one totally believe in life on other planets. And somewhere out there, Penn State is undefeated and on the verge of a national championship!!!!

Reactions: Chickenman Testa
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT