ADVERTISEMENT

CFB road trip advice sought

Better cfb game and road trip: ND @ Clemson or Bama @ UGA.

• Notre Dame at Clemson

Votes: 11 14.1%
  • Alabama at Georgia

Votes: 67 85.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

john4psu

Sep 7, 2003
Greetings all. I'm considering a cfb road trip and I haven't been to either location and was wondering what your thoughts are and/or experiences might of been at either location and which you thought might be a better game and/or time and trip.

Notre Dame at Clemson
or
Alabama at Georgia

Both on the same Saturday. Thank you in advance.

Greetings all. I'm considering a cfb road trip and I haven't been to either location and was wondering what your thoughts are and/or experiences might of been at either location and which you thought might be a better game and/or time and trip.

Notre Dame at Clemson
or
Alabama at Georgia

Both on the same Saturday. Thank you in advance.

Are tickets for these games on sale now?

Been to both Clemson and Georgia. For UGA fly into Atlanta then about a 30-45 min drive IIRC. For Clemson fly into Greenville then about a 20-30 min drive IIrC. Both are small 'college towns' - pretty similar. Not much room for close tailgating at UGA. They tend to be spread out around campus and you can have a decent walk to get to the stadium. It's a little better at Clemson but they kind of park in the grass all around campus as well.

Crowds are about the same (Clemson likely a little louder in the big games). Both were great trips. I'd say pick the game you want to see. Bama and Georgia rarely play despite being border states and there's a little more bad blood between them compared with ND and Clemson.

Been to both Clemson and Georgia. For UGA fly into Atlanta then about a 30-45 min drive IIRC. For Clemson fly into Greenville then about a 20-30 min drive IIrC. Both are small 'college towns' - pretty similar. Not much room for close tailgating at UGA. They tend to be spread out around campus and you can have a decent walk to get to the stadium. It's a little better at Clemson but they kind of park in the grass all around campus as well.

Crowds are about the same (Clemson likely a little louder in the big games). Both were great trips. I'd say pick the game you want to see. Bama and Georgia rarely play despite being border states and there's a little more bad blood between them compared with ND and Clemson.
Bama at UGa is a no brainer for me.... Even if it was just to check out the scenery if you know what I mean!

'Bama at Georgia is probably the default choice here, based on the rivalry and talent level.

But there's plenty to be said for going to the Clemson game; Greenville, SC is a gem of a small city; you could spend the evening before the game there and enjoy a good choice of restaurants, lodging, and scenery; very easy to walk around; going in and out of Atlanta can be a chore.

'Bama at Georgia is probably the default choice here, based on the rivalry and talent level.

But there's plenty to be said for going to the Clemson game; Greenville, SC is a gem of a small city; you could spend the evening before the game there and enjoy a good choice of restaurants, lodging, and scenery; very easy to walk around; going in and out of Atlanta can be a chore.

Agree about Greenvlle. Great town to use as a base to Clemson. If you have kids take them to the waterfall park downtown. Nice area for them to play then walk into the creek by the waterfalls and cool off. Lots of restaurants/ ice cream places close by. Definitely worth a stop if your bringing kids to the game. ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: royboy

They've played over 65 times.... Now they are in separate divisions in the SEC. So it's not much different than ND rotating through the ACC.

They've played over 65 times.... Now they are in separate divisions in the SEC. So it's not much different than ND rotating through the ACC.

They've played 4 regular season games in 19 years (since 1996). If I had to pick between the 2 I'd say go to Bama vs Georgia but you really can't go wrong with either. ;)

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT