ADVERTISEMENT

C. J. Stroud speaks.

Roar More

Aug 19, 2004
"I'm not a test-taker, I play football. At the end of the day, I don't got nothing to prove to nobody, so I'm not going to sit here and explain how I process football. The people who are making the picks know what I can do, so that's all that matters to me. There's a whole bunch of people who know how to coach better, who know how to play quarterback better, who know how to do everything on social media, but the man in the arena, that's what's tough.
I know what I can do, I know what I can process. If I'm not the smartest quarterback in this draft, I know I'm one of the smartest quarterbacks in the NFL when I step in there tomorrow, so I have confidence in myself. I don't think you can play at Ohio State and not be smart. I don't got nothing to prove to nobody, man. At the end of the day, if you don't trust and believe in me, all I can tell you is to watch this."

Test taker?

I heard they set up a speical test for him at tOSU. He and another player. The school wanted to make it easy on them so it was a verbal test. First question: 'How do you spell the word "Farm"? Used in a sentence "Old McDonald had a farm.'

CJ is stunned. Doesn't know what to do. So he whispers to the other player. "how do you spell 'farm?'" the other player says "CJ, that's easy. E. I. E. I. O."

Seriously, CJ was a really good QB for them and beat us several times. He is a fine decision-maker. I wouldn't let that keep me from drafting him. I'd only consider it if I was torn between him and someone else.

Well, he certainly doesn’t lack in confidence. He hasn’t played 1 down of professional football but thinks he’s already ‘one of the smartest quarterbacks in the NFL’. 😳

Time will tell. Obviously, none of us know what the real deal is regarding this test, but we do know one thing. If CJ is a successful NFL QB, he'll be the first one from OSU. Best of luck to the young man

I've watched Stroud pick apart defenses more than any other QB in this draft than Young.

I've watched almost every other QB in this draft play like they have no realization that pass rushers are coming in 3 seconds.

The biggest knock on Stroud is he's played 5 tough games in his college career. The rest he was on an all star team playing 7v7.

I've watched Stroud pick apart defenses more than any other QB in this draft than Young.

I've watched almost every other QB in this draft play like they have no realization that pass rushers are coming in 3 seconds.

The biggest knock on Stroud is he's played 5 tough games in his college career. The rest he was on an all star team playing 7v7.
I agree with this
I will say though I don't think his response helped matters
He'll still be off the board by 5 IMO--I'm guessing someone moves up to 3 (Tennessee or Tampa) to take him

I agree with this
I will say though I don't think his response helped matters
He'll still be off the board by 5 IMO--I'm guessing someone moves up to 3 (Tennessee or Tampa) to take him

If you read the original article, no QB that has scored under 60% on this test has gone on to have L/T success in the NFL - not most, 100% correlation to doing poorly on this test and NFL failure. And Stroud didn't just do poorly, he complete shat the bed with a score in the mid-20% range. There have been QBs that score well that fail in the league, but there has never been a QB that scored below 60% that has found success in the league. It's 100% correlation to failure is why the scouts sent out a "red alert".

If you read the original article, no QB that has scored under 60% on this test has gone on to have L/T success in the NFL - not most, 100% correlation to doing poorly on this test and NFL failure. And Stroud didn't just do poorly, he complete shat the bed with a score in the mid-20% range. There have been QBs that score well that fail in the league, but there has never been a QB that scored below 60% that has found success in the league. It's 100% correlation to failure is why the scouts sent out a "red alert".
I didn't argue any of that. I commented on multiple games this year (including Michigan and us) that I don't think he reads defenses well.

Supposedly Arizona is trading 3/Hopkins to Tennessee so we'll see how Stroud does unless they want Levis. Can't see them taking Richardson

Did he use a teleprompter to answer questions? Did he have a cheat sheet with prescreened questions? Did he have someone there to help him with his answers? Did he have the Easter Bunny shield him from more questions?

Sorry….my bad……could help myself😈

Will show myself out……..🤐

Thomas Hollywood Henderson said "Terry Bradshaw is so dumb he can't spell cat even if you spot him the C and T"
To which Bradshaw responded "The isn't nuclear physics its a game, How smart do you have to be?"

Amen. I hope the Texans at least sent him to a neurologist or tried to find some other explanation for that incredibly low score. I would be afraid he has some sort of significant brain damage--like, "not able to fish your Johnson out of your pants in time to keep from wetting yourself" brain damage.

Thomas Hollywood Henderson said "Terry Bradshaw is so dumb he can't spell cat even if you spot him the C and T"
To which Bradshaw responded "The isn't nuclear physics its a game, How smart do you have to be?"
Somebody shoulda told Henderson there is a difference between being actually dumb, on the one hand, and a LOOZIANA goober on the other. But Henderson might have been too dumb to understand.

Last edited:
Reactions: ND Heaven68
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT