ADVERTISEMENT

Bowers out 4-6 weeks

LandoComando

Nov 29, 2021
Having surgery for the ankle.injury trying to accelerating the healing process. Real bad news for Georgia. Good news for everyone else as their odds of running the table just got a whole lot worse

Having surgery for the ankle.injury trying to accelerating the healing process. Real bad news for them. Good news for everyone else as their odds of running the table just got a whole lot worse
That team has flirted with losses against USC and Auburn, and clearly isn't the same juggernaut that they've been in recent seasons, even with Bowers. You would think that another SEC school would be able to beat them at least once this season. Regardless, just based on performance this season, the only reason why they're ranked first is because of the past two seasons, because there are several teams right now who have played much better football than they have and have better resumes.

That team has flirted with losses against USC and Auburn, and clearly isn't the same juggernaut that they've been in recent seasons, even with Bowers. You would think that another SEC school would be able to beat them at least once this season. Regardless, just based on performance this season, the only reason why they're ranked first is because of the past two seasons, because there are several teams right now who have played much better football than they have and have better resumes.
To be fair, they always have games like that--I think it was Missouri last year but I'd have to double check
Georgia absolutely gets the benefit of the doubt from fans and voters because we've seen them do this before.
I can't justify not having a two-time defending champ at 1 until they lose. They've lost one game in 2.5 years.

I bet Michigan to win the national championship back in August at +850. The latest odds I see are both Georgia and Michigan as co-favorites at +270. Penn State at +1300 is a great value play. If they win Saturday the odds will probably drop to the +800-900 range. I could cash out right now and get back double my bet but I'll let it ride. FWIW I'm an OSU alum.

• Wow
Reactions: The Spin Meister
To be fair, they always have games like that--I think it was Missouri last year but I'd have to double check
Georgia absolutely gets the benefit of the doubt from fans and voters because we've seen them do this before.
I can't justify not having a two-time defending champ at 1 until they lose. They've lost one game in 2.5 years.
It was Missouri last season that they struggled to beat. My problem with them is that they clearly are not the best team in the country right now, and probably won't be for all of this season, yet they're being kept at No. 1 because of what they've done the past two seasons. Well, they lost a lot of players who are in the NFL from those past two or three teams, and so far their replacements haven't been as dominant.

They have to play the Vols on the road, and UT hasn't lost a home game in a long time; I would expect UGA to lose that game, especially without Bowers.

Reactions: The Spin Meister
It was Missouri last season that they struggled to beat. My problem with them is that they clearly are not the best team in the country right now, and probably won't be for all of this season, yet they're being kept at No. 1 because of what they've done the past two seasons. Well, they lost a lot of players who are in the NFL from those past two or three teams, and so far their replacements haven't been as dominant.

They have to play the Vols on the road, and UT hasn't lost a home game in a long time; I would expect UGA to lose that game, especially without Bowers.
They may lose but I have full confidence in Kirby Smart--maybe I should but I think he's earned that. Georgia seems to be getting better every week. We'll see how they survive this stretch without arguably the best player in the country. I think they likely drop a game but with Kirby I won't be shocked if they're 12-0 heading to the SECCG to play Bama.

They may lose but I have full confidence in Kirby Smart--maybe I should but I think he's earned that. Georgia seems to be getting better every week. We'll see how they survive this stretch without arguably the best player in the country. I think they likely drop a game but with Kirby I won't be shocked if they're 12-0 heading to the SECCG to play Bama.
If they finish undefeated this season, I believe that that will say more about the relative lack of depth of the SEC this season than about how good this particular Georgia team is. I'm not saying that they aren't a good team; they clearly know how to win even when they're don't play well. I'm just saying that they're not a great team this season and are beatable and, IMO, are overranked as the No. 1 team.

Last edited:
Reactions: doctornick
If they finish undefeated this season, I believe that that will say more about the relative lack of depth of the SEC this season than about how good this particular Georgia team is. I'm not saying that they aren't a good team; they clearly know how to win even when they're don't play well. I'm just saying that they're not a great team this season and are beatable and, IMO, are overranked as the No. 1 team.
That's fine--there's no right or wrong when it comes to rankings. Everyone creates their own criteria.
I get what you're saying. Their SOS is 102. Like Michigan (113) and us (112) it's hard to really evaluate much. Michigan and us win convincingly though so...
I'd have Georgia one until they lost. I do value the two back to back national titles and I do believe they're by far the best coached team in the country.

I bet Michigan to win the national championship back in August at +850. The latest odds I see are both Georgia and Michigan as co-favorites at +270. Penn State at +1300 is a great value play. If they win Saturday the odds will probably drop to the +800-900 range. I could cash out right now and get back double my bet but I'll let it ride. FWIW I'm an OSU alum.
I bet Penn State to win the Nat'l Championship all the way back in January 2024 at +2500. So far, Fan Duel is only offering a small cash-out of $127 on my $100 bet, but that should increase significantly if we beat Ohio St. this weekend. Fingers crossed!!

You’re gonna need to go in a permanent hiding if your true identity ever got out. Ohio State fans would kill you.

You’re gonna need to go in a permanent hiding if your true identity ever got out. Ohio State fans would kill you.
I live in Columbus. I mentioned this on an OSU site and got no response. I think the fan base is realistically looking at a 11-1 or 10-2 regular season record. At the time I made the bet OSU was at +700, lower odds than Michigan's, which didn't make sense to me. I'm a horse player and if I can get 8-1 or 9-1 odds on a team that has a very realistic chance of making the playoffs and winning the whole thing., it's worth betting.

I bet Penn State to win the Nat'l Championship all the way back in January 2024 at +2500. So far, Fan Duel is only offering a small cash-out of $127 on my $100 bet, but that should increase significantly if we beat Ohio St. this weekend. Fingers crossed!!
I noticed today, probably due to the Bowers injury update, my cash out increased about 20%. At what cash out value would you be tempted to cash out or are you in it till the very end?

Way back in 2024? Are you a time traveler? Mr Spock?

Gives a gambler a heck of an advantage to time travel….🤷🏿‍♂️

Having surgery for the ankle.injury trying to accelerating the healing process. Real bad news for Georgia. Good news for everyone else as their odds of running the table just got a whole lot worse
I just looked at their schedule and the only game I see now as very difficult for them to win is Tennessee in Knoxville. They are winning the others. Ole Miss in Athens could give them a bit of a challenge but don't like the Rebs pulling off the upset. Missou is decent but don't see the Dawgs losing at home to them either.

The Vols game could finally be the game that ends their streak since Bowers will be out. Would love to see them join the one loss club (or more) once playoff selection time comes around.

I just looked at their schedule and the only game I see now as very difficult for them to win is Tennessee in Knoxville. They are winning the others. Ole Miss in Athens could give them a bit of a challenge but don't like the Rebs pulling off the upset. Missou is decent but don't see the Dawgs losing at home to them either.

The Vols game could finally be the game that ends their streak since Bowers will be out. Would love to see them join the one loss club (or more) once playoff selection time comes around.

UT was exponentially better last year and got beat 27-6, I think (didn't look it up). The only difference is this Vols team can run a little and will be at home.

UGA rolls unless they sleepwalking in a game and they now have the talent advantage large enough that they can adjust after halftime vs nearly anybody. They have a gauntlet stretch coming, but these teams will all have 3+ losses by season's end unless they upset UGA.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT