ADVERTISEMENT

Bo Nickal

Moose441

Gold Member
Dec 25, 2013
Who can help me out and tell me why Bo didn't compete this weekend? Just curious I haven't heard too much about his progression lately. Thanks guys

Reactions: dane63
Bo is spending his summer pigging out on Ribs and Beer (Vision Quest)

Nickal had mono in late spring. He did go to the US Open but didn't seem up to his usual level.

Nickal had mono in late spring. He did go to the US Open but didn't seem up to his usual level.
Do you mean 'attended' the U.S. Open? I think we saw a pic of him there? But he didn't compete.

For full-fact representation, please see this stellar post by a legendary #journalist on one of Penn State Wrestling's biggest fan sites (<<<<< clickable link there) :)
The Nittany Lion Context: Missing. Normally, we would see Bo Nickal in this field. But he's had a rough 2015. In January, he got dinged up by Andy McCulley in the quarterfinals and MFF'd out of the Southern Scuffle. After recovering, reports from the room in March & April were stellar and exciting, but then he contracted mono and was unable to compete in the U.S. Open. He was already scheduled to wrestle in the prestigious Mithat Bayrak and Ismet Atli Junior International tournament in Turkey, but clearly wasn't back to full health yet. He went 1-1, beating a Turk and losing to a Kazakh (<<<<< clickable link there), and missed out on a chance to compete against eventual tourney champion and current U.S. Open champion, Arizona State stud incoming freshman Zahid Valencia.​

ADVERTISEMENT