ADVERTISEMENT

Beau Barlett

RB-Old

Jan 22, 2020
How are we feeling about Beau? His stock seems to have fallen in the court of public opinion but I still think he's right there with the top guys. The sexy pick is Mendez and Woods seems to have lost some of his luster after the CyHawk dual but he's still the assumed favorite. IMO people are reading too much into the Cornella match but from what I saw Beau was in control from beginning to end. I can't believe how the general chatter dismisses his chances.

Reactions: AndEEss
We got to see both BB's in the match against Lehigh. I prefer the proactive one.

His stock is falling? After nationals last year I thought he would be a top 4 with an outside shot at winning. At the start of the season, I thought he would be a top 4 with an outside shot at winning. Last week, I considered him a top 4 with an outside shot at winning. After Lehigh, I think he is a top 4 with an outside shot at winning. How has his stock changed at all when it’s only mid-December?

His stock is falling? After nationals last year I thought he would be a top 4 with an outside shot at winning. At the start of the season, I thought he would be a top 4 with an outside shot at winning. Last week, I considered him a top 4 with an outside shot at winning. After Lehigh, I think he is a top 4 with an outside shot at winning. How has his stock changed at all when it’s only mid-December?
It’s unclear to me what you are trying to convey here…

He thinks he will be top 4 with an outside chance of winning, STILL.
Sheesh

SARCASM ALERT
Indeed. I consider him one of the top 4 guys at the weight this year. I also think he may have an outside shot at winning it all.

141 is fairly wide open this year with no returning champ and no clear favorite like Starocci or KOT lurking. Beau has a chance, although I would still consider Woods the nominal favorite at this point until someone beats him (and I would take "Field" vs Woods in a bet, whereas I would not take "Field" vs Starocci...).

Reactions: mcpat
Indeed. I consider him one of the top 4 guys at the weight this year. I also think he may have an outside shot at winning it all.

141 is fairly wide open this year with no returning champ and no clear favorite like Starocci or KOT lurking. Beau has a chance, although I would still consider Woods the nominal favorite at this point until someone beats him (and I would take Field vs Woods in a bet, whereas I would not take Field vs Starocci...).
Who the h*ll is this Field guy and how can he make both 141 and 174???

Time to pump the brakes on Mendez a bit. He had a great CKLV, but I think Beau has improved this offseason again. I think Woods remains the slight favorite. Beau is the clear #2 IMO. Then a gap to Mendez and then a gap to the rest of the field.

I Think what he is trying to convey is BB is top 4 with an outside shot of winning, but with the emergence of Mendez, everyone’s else shot of winning/outside shot of winning just got a little further….
No, not at all. Mendez had a terrific CKLV, but one tournament in November/December is not enough to change my opinion on anyone. Mendez is another AA candidate with an outside shot at winning. No change on him, either.

Im sorry, did I say “According to Random4598375 his stock is falling”? I didn’t mean that.

I think Beau matches up well with Mendez. Mendez attacks. I think Beau's biggest strength is counter wrestling. I like his chances.

I have not really heard anything about the kid, he must be new? I have heard of a kid named BARTLETT though, and I think THAT kid is going to wind up a National Champion in March.

No, not at all. Mendez had a terrific CKLV, but one tournament in November/December is not enough to change my opinion on anyone. Mendez is another AA candidate with an outside shot at winning. No change on him, either.
Oh then idk what the original poster meant then… BB stays the same as u projected, but objectively speaking Mendez has adjusted well to 141… and he’s a def threat after CKLV

Everything I read and hear is about Mendez, Mendez, Mendez. I'm not saying they're bad mouthing Beau but it's like he doesn't exist in the 141 debate.
People are talking about Mendez because he looked great at CKLV. That doesn’t really have anything to do with their opinion of Beau. LOL.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT