ADVERTISEMENT

Articles on Hall and on Suriano ...

Tom McAndrew

May 29, 2001
It's T minus 12 days for recruiting. As fans, we can only wait and wonder what will happen.

In the spirit of the times, here are a couple of articles concerning prospects that PSU is reported to be trying to land.

Des Moines Register article on Mark Hall
the article was posted on their web site on Thursday (6/18) evening

Bergen County Record article on Nick Suriano
the article is from March, just before NJ States. I can't remember if I posted a link to it at that time, so I'm posting it now

Once again, thank you for these many interesting looks into the future of wrestling and all the other articles of interest in wrestling. You deserve much praise and thanks for your dedication toward making this board work.

Reactions: drock1971
I'll predict it's Red and Pletch we get. Gonna be a fun 4th of July . i recall when Chance initially declared on Independence Day

Just so I understand. A wrestler can verbally commit to a program after July 1st. When do they actually sign their letter of intent? Thanks.

Just so I understand. A wrestler can verbally commit to a program after July 1st. When do they actually sign their letter of intent? Thanks.

A wrestler can verbal whenever they want to (I think there are at least four going to be juniors that have already done so?)

Early signing period is sometime in Nov - I think the second week, and then there is a late period in the spring, after the season is over.

The July 1st date is when coaches can contact recruits (rising seniors only).
Before July 1st after junior year kids can reach out to coaches if they want but after that date its ok for coaches to call and visit. That's also when offers start taking place and hence most verbals don't come until on or after July 1st following junior year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT