ADVERTISEMENT

Article on Kanen Storr ...

Tom McAndrew

May 29, 2001
MLive.com has an article on Kanen Storr. You can view it at THIS LINK.

The article includes this info about his college plans:

"Storr’s top five college destinations are Michigan (his older brother, Zehlin Storr, wrestles for the Wolverines), Purdue, Penn State, Nebraska and Iowa State. He recently received his first scholarship offer from Purdue and said he’ll probably pick a college in late September."

HawkTalk posted his interview with Storr about 3 weeks ago, here. 4 of the schools were mentioned in that article, Iowa State being the newbie.

Snippet from the article:

The Penn State connection may run a bit deeper than the coaching staffs and academics, as Storr informed me that he has grown up trying to emulate one of the best Penn State wrestlers in the history of their program.

“Growing up I always looked up to David Taylor, and because of that I modeled my style after him as well. I didn’t look up to him just because he is one of the best in our country, but because I love his style. He is always the one on the offense; he is always attacking your legs, and always funking out of shots.”

While Storr hasn’t yet decided on where he will take his official visits, he has already taken a couple of unofficial visits. One was at Michigan and the other to Penn State.

(snip)

On Penn State, “What I enjoyed about PSU was the community around me and their wrestling room also. Everything was conveniently close, no longer than a 15 minute walk for anything. The campus was really beautiful and felt welcoming. The wrestling room was also super nice. It has a ton of mat space, was again clean, and it felt like a place I could get used to calling home.”

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT