ADVERTISEMENT

Any word on McSorley?

BullrunLion

Jan 21, 2012
I may have missed it, but was there a final word on way he did not play in the Blue-White game? Was he hurt?

I really think that the staff just decided that basically the game didn't matter, to tell you the truth.
So many players sat out, that it really was just a practice, but with even more precaution. Trace will be ready come September, and will be Hack's number two, with Tommy as the third man, who they will hopefully redshirt.

McSorley, and a number of others players, were held out because they were "banged up". Not believed to be serious, but Franklin is very secretive on injuries.

McSorley, and a number of others players, were held out because they were "banged up". Not believed to be serious, but Franklin is very secretive on injuries.

Per the radio broadcast, this is correct. They were very clear that it was minor and would not affect trace this fall. I got the sense that if it were a real game, he would have been active as the backup.

I really think that the staff just decided that basically the game didn't matter, to tell you the truth.
So many players sat out, that it really was just a practice, but with even more precaution. Trace will be ready come September, and will be Hack's number two, with Tommy as the third man, who they will hopefully redshirt.

He had to have a minor injury. They wanted to get him plenty of work in front of a large crowd. Hopefully he's as god as advertised as Hack is going to take his share of hits if that line doesn't show major improvement.

He had to have a minor injury. They wanted to get him plenty of work in front of a large crowd. Hopefully he's as god as advertised as Hack is going to take his share of hits if that line doesn't show major improvement.

There is only one person who is as god as advertised, and that is Tom McAndrew. And maybe Chuck Norris.

ADVERTISEMENT