ADVERTISEMENT

Any Stadium will have to have Sue's name along with Joe's.

Mr. Potter

Dec 27, 2004
She was as vital as anyone to the success of Penn State. Fascinating lady. We were truly blesses with the Paterno's as a part of our lives.

Reactions: ChiTownLion
She was as vital as anyone to the success of Penn State. Fascinating lady. We were truly blesses with the Paterno's as a part of our lives.

I'm not sure I'd want the stadium named after him. That's what you see football factories do often. I'd rather see the Paterno Library and maybe the Joe and Sue Paterno Alumni Center (Hintz should be gone), or on something to do with teaching the Classics, or replacing Erickson on his building. ;)

Let's replace the players names on the back of the jerseys with the names of Joe, Sue, the kids and all the grandkids. That way, the whole family can be honored.

Awww come on- Joe would never approve of names on the back of the jerseys. Need to find another way. ;)

Reactions: fairgambit
Paterno Recognition

With all due respect to others, what is the big deal with naming the football field as Paterno Field at Beaver Stadium??? Name might be mentioned on 6-7 televised games.

Think outside the box; get the biggest bang for your bucks with the least amount of disruption!

Rename Curtin Road between University Drive and Porter Road as The Paterno Way.

Designate the address of Beaver Stadium as 409 The Paterno Way; every piece of mail would be an advertisement. Place the following above the South Tunnel Entrance:

Beaver Stadium

409 The Paterno Way

Success with Honor

Designate the address of the BJC as 1 The Paterno Way.

Think about the team and band coming to the game down the street on The Paterno Way.

ADVERTISEMENT