ADVERTISEMENT

And Now, A True Class Act

I coached youth wrestling for a long time. The problem with that is: they grow up. I always had kids coming to my practices who were at some HS and wanted some mat time. One day, one of my former wrestlers, said, "Hey coach, let's roll around." I think he wrestled about 85 in youth, but in HS he was 189 and a National Prep place winner.
When I woke up the next morning, I couldn't move my head. I went directly to the doctor's office and got a neck brace and lots of pain relievers. And I never rolled around again.

Sitting, watching the F&M Open on FLO, I've noticed two of today's participants with whom I have a 6 degrees of Kevin Bacon link. One kid's grandfather (a D2 NCAA champ), beat my brother in the HS regional finals. Another kid's father wrestled my son in the MAWA Regional finals. I was in Napa Valley working, so he was coached by his HS coach. His HS coach forgot how criteria decisions worked and told my son to ride out the end of the match on bottom, he had criteria. My son did so, and lost the regions on criteria. And he';s never let me forget it!

Sitting, watching the F&M Open on FLO, I've noticed two of today's participants with whom I have a 6 degrees of Kevin Bacon link. One kid's grandfather (a D2 NCAA champ), beat my brother in the HS regional finals. Another kid's father wrestled my son in the MAWA Regional finals. I was in Napa Valley working, so he was coached by his HS coach. His HS coach forgot how criteria decisions worked and told my son to ride out the end of the match on bottom, he had criteria. My son did so, and lost the regions on criteria. And he';s never let me forget it!
Where did
bury huckleberry hound GIF
you bury the coach? Was he face down?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT