ADVERTISEMENT

An Elderly Woman Was Allegedly Slain By an Illegal Alien. Now Her Granddaughter Is Speaking Out.

m.knox

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2003
Don't Americans deserve better?

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/brons...killed-by-illegal-alien-speaks-at-wh-n2561383

In January, New York City police arrested a 21-year-old illegal immigrant from Guyana, Reeaz Khan, for the murder and sexual assault of Maria Fuertes, a 92-year-old grandmother living in Queens. U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement have blamed NYC's sanctuary city laws for releasing the known criminal alien back into the community following Khan's previous arrest for assault and criminal possession of a weapon in Nov. 2019. The elderly Fuertes was found unconscious, her body partially exposed, lying behind a vehicle close to her home just after midnight on Jan. 6. Ms. Fuertes later died from her injuries.

Towards the end of his address on Friday, President Trump invited Ms. Fuertes' granddaughter, Daria Ortiz, to say a few words about her grandmother, described as a beloved figure in her local community.

"I'd like to take this moment to say my grandmother was very generous and educated," Ortiz began. "She was a woman who dedicated her time to taking care of others. Before coming to America, she worked as a secretary for the president of her native country, the Dominican Republic. She's a shining example of when people come legally to this country, work hard, and do the right thing and are law-abiding citizens. My grandmother raised her children and her grandchildren while working hard to give us a future. "

The woman fought back tears as she went on to describe her grandmother's fate as a completely avoidable tragedy had it not been for New York City's harmful and dangerous sanctuary city policies.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News