ADVERTISEMENT

Brooks non-issue

No I didn’t.. you guys are arguing tomato and tamato right now. They are the same kind of medication, it’s not a big deal. Just a smokescreen. Again I hope it works out but arguing semantics of brand of the same type of medication doesn’t change anything.

Hope it gets resolved as I’ve said numerous times!
Adderall contains amphetamines. Vyvanse does not. That only makes them very different drugs. Definitely doesn't fall into the semantics category lol

Edit: I am pretty familiar with both working with autism on a daily basis. I was off a bit above as adderall is a combination of 4 different amphetamine salts and Vyvanse uses 1 type of amphetamine salt. Still very very different medications.

Last edited:
Adderall contains amphetamines. Vyvanse does not. That only makes them very different drugs. Definitely doesn't fall into the semantics category lol

Edit: I am pretty familiar with both working with autism on a daily basis. I was off a bit above as adderall is a combination of 4 different amphetamine salts and Vyvanse uses 1 type of amphetamine salt. Still very very different medications.
Okay. It’s way better than saying “failed for PEDS” and letting people speculate that it was steroids, even noted in the post (not really ped’s) and (a procedural red tape issue).

..it doesn’t change anything about the event or perception. It’s on the banned substance list and they are similar medications prescribed for same reason.

Reactions: hlstone and js8793
Not really if you know Vyvanse isn't fast acting so lessons the potential for enhancement as opposed to Adderall just saying. And yes I am an expert on these drugs
nobody who is sane is arguing that either one provides a legit enhancement. if it provided a significant enhancement, you wouldn’t be able to get an exception for them with a simple prescription.

it’s a legit story of interest that doesn’t reflect poorly on brooks (more on the psu staff for not being prepared and almost costing their guy).

and more importantly it’s true. the eventual olympian almost wasn’t able to wrestle! that’s a huge story. pat was incredibly specific about the context.

Reactions: PatMineo22
nobody who is sane is arguing that either one provides a legit enhancement. if it provided a significant enhancement, you wouldn’t be able to get an exception for them with a simple prescription.

it’s a legit story of interest that doesn’t reflect poorly on brooks (more on the psu staff for not being prepared and almost costing their guy).

and more importantly it’s true. the eventual olympian almost wasn’t able to wrestle! that’s a huge story. pat was incredibly specific about the context.

So what you're saying is, vodka (on gia) is insane. I concur.

brooks is so fake. the “leak” he’s complaining about explained it was just a paperwork issue. he and starocci are closer than people think.

DTs not a perfect citizen either, but the holier than thou act from Brooks is nauseating and the tearing down of one of your legends is pretty shocking.
Have you seen the hidden camera footage of DT and Gilman driving to Oklahoma? DT got some loose screws.

Brooks.
If you are so calm and wise and understanding of God's plan then why the hell do you need Vyvanse?
?
?

I absolutely love how AB wrestles and competes, and have looked past his religious monologues, but he doesn't come across great on his recent interview on Baschamania.

1. Makes a lot of excuses...plays some victim
  2. A little full of himself and a bit condescending
  3. A little paranoid regarding DT and his new staff
  4. Not a lot of respect for DT...just passive-aggressive nonsense
  5. Kinda blames DT for his PED issue
  6. and the non-stop religious lectures.
Still hoping he keeps winning and continues to win, but I can see how he can seem nauseating.

I absolutely love how AB wrestles and competes, and have looked past his religious monologues, but he doesn't come across great on his recent interview on Baschamania.

Still hoping he keeps winning and continues to win, but I can see how he can seem nauseating.

Almost as nauseating as a post that gives an itemized list of character assassinations. Actually, not even close.

Ok, now what?

He said he is cleared in a week. Looks like he is good to go. He just needs to keep his weight down properly

Reactions: NLB_Six
This is all about you wanting attention. You could've put this as a post in the Brooks PED thread. This thread will be gone tomorrow.
Wasn't a PED post, so really didn't belong in that thread. If I were more complimentary and #5 stated he explained the PED issue well, would you have an issue with this post?

Brooks.
If you are so calm and wise and understanding of God's plan then why the hell do you need Vyvanse?
?
?
Why did Paul pray for God to remove the thorn from his flesh even though it’s pretty clear that he WAS calm, wise and understanding of God’s plan? Maybe even the most committed Christians need a little help now and then.

Brooks.
?
?
You did go to Iowa. Dumb as a brick comment. If that's the case, why do we have doctors?

Reactions: shirey20
What’s cringy to me is seeing people attack another person’s sincere and unapologetic religiosity merely because they disagree with the message or its delivery. It’s not enough to privately acknowledge a difference of opinion. They have to belittle the other person’s views as condescending and nauseating religious monologues. That tells me more about the listener than the speaker.

I just don’t get the visceral, antagonistic reaction by some people. And it’s weird how people will give “kids” a pass on stupid secular stuff they say due to their youth, but if they say something religious that those people don’t like it’s knives out.

Personally, I admire people of faith, even if their faith tradition differs from my own. I learned long ago that every person is my superior in some way. I want to discover and poach their best insights.

If you are bothered by AB’s religious comments, the simple and rational solution is to not tune in to his interviews. Everyone knows he talks about that stuff briefly in EVERY interview.

And don’t let your discomfort with that part of his comments unfairly skew your view of the wrestling stuff he says.

Just listened to the podcast..

1. We want people to talk openly, and when they do it’s called an excuse? He said he was sick against Glazer at Iowa and knew that would be a much different match at B1Gs. Not sure what other “excuses” you’re alluding to. I took him as an honest open person answering the questions
2. Anyone at the top of their craft has a competitive side. He gives all praise to “God,” that’s the furthest to being full of himself. I didn’t hear anything condescending.
3. He praises Gilman. Said out of the three Gilman was the one he was closest with. Not sure where you thought he came off “paranoid?”
4. I think he has a ton of respect of DT as a wrestler. He said DT didn’t wrestle with him for 2 yrs. Seems that didn’t sit well with AB but I can definetly feel there is no love lost there
5. I didn’t hear him blame DT for anything about his issue (says he was cleared before trials) and should be cleared up this week as far as the paperwork issue
6. AB is 100% devout Christian. AB follows the gospel as the word and in his mind, it’s his calling is to share that to anyone to try to bring Christ into their lives. It comes from love although I do understand some people take that as “pushing it on others”.

Just wanted to give my impressions on your points and how I took it (to each their own)

I honestly thought his interview was fine, I saw nothing cringy. At the NCAA pre interviews they had with many athletes, AB came off as very short and you could see he was not giving much info. Where like Carter was way more laid back and much more open and talkative. That said it was nice to see AB be open and candid with this interview. I did not hear him say anything wrong or make any excuses, he just stated facts and he backed them up. I also see nothing wrong with the religious talk, that is who he is and I respect that. You are just never going to win, you stay quiet and do not say much, and people will rip you for not opening up and being real. Then if you do open up and show your confidence and try be honest with certain things, people will find something to complain about.

What’s cringy to me is seeing people attack another person’s sincere and unapologetic religiosity merely because they disagree with the message or its delivery. It’s not enough to privately acknowledge a difference of opinion. They have to belittle the other person’s views as condescending and nauseating religious monologues. That tells me more about the listener than the speaker.

I just don’t get the visceral, antagonistic reaction by some people. And it’s weird how people will give “kids” a pass on stupid secular stuff they say due to their youth, but if they say something religious that those people don’t like it’s knives out.

Personally, I admire people of faith, even if their faith tradition differs from my own. I learned long ago that every person is my superior in some way. I want to discover and poach their best insights.

If you are bothered by AB’s religious comments, the simple and rational solution is to not tune in to his interviews. Everyone knows he talks about that stuff briefly in EVERY interview.

And don’t let your discomfort with that part of his comments unfairly skew your view of the wrestling stuff he says.
It happens all the time. It's absolutely pathetic. The very foundation of our nation is religious freedom and individual rights. Don't like it, stfu. It's old and tiring hearing it on this board.

Nit vs Nit feelings are bound to get twisted up. But some interesting comments from Brooks regarding Kennedy and Taylor.
Listening to the interview, reading on the side and reflecting, I think there are many Alpha types at PSU and in the NLWC with strong personalities (not just AB and DT) who train closely in the small wrestling community. They have the type of personalities that come naturally to athletes at the highest level. It seems natural that they wouldn’t all get along, since they all believe they are top dog.

That doesn’t mean they aren’t all great guys. That’s just how inter-personal dynamics work sometimes.

No I didn’t.. you guys are arguing tomato and tamato right now. They are the same kind of medication, it’s not a big deal. Just a smokescreen. Again I hope it works out but arguing semantics of brand of the same type of medication doesn’t change anything.

Hope it gets resolved as I’ve said numerous times!
I noticed that there were two statements in the post you responded to, yet you only addressed one. The Vyvanse vs adderall accuracy. Maybe you can answer the second one here. Can you state that your information did not come from DT or anyone associated with his circle?

Its sad Psu is so much in these iowa homers head they need to come on this board and throw sh’t against the wall to try and make PSU look bad. They’re imploding at iowa, cant even talk wrestling on their board before they’re at each others throats. Of course it’s understandable, with the way their coaches and slumlord are dragging them down, with the clown show they have been running.

Reactions: Hotshoe
Its sad Psu is so much in these iowa homers head they need to come on this board and throw sh’t against the wall to try and make PSU look bad. They’re imploding at iowa, cant even talk wrestling on their board before they’re at each others throats. Of course it’s understandable, with the way their coaches and slumlord are dragging them down, with the clown show they have been running.
2 folks on here spew the most anti-religious hate. They are both from Iowa. I'm not a particularly religious person, but I'll be damned if folks are going to attack a person over their faith and remain silent.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT