ADVERTISEMENT

117 PSU athletes are BIG Distinguished Scholars

Thanks NoVa. I get a :):) on my face when I read any accomplishments from student-athlete's, particularly wrestlers. For wrestlers, academic accomplishments are met with the same satisfaction from me as wrestling accomplishments. It's why I do what I do.

Maybe some see this as I do, a reflection on all the coaches. They provide an environment that encourages, inspires, and motivates student-athletes to excel in all aspects of student life. In the case of the Wrestling Coaching Staff, the bar has been set very high. Not all fit this environment. Those that do, have a chance/ opportunity to leave the program the best possible person, and the best possible wrestler they can be.

Which means they had a 3.7 GPA or higher for the 2018-19 academic year. See link. 15 of those had a 4.0 GPA, including Austin Clabaugh and Jason Nolf from the wrestling team. Congrats to all of them.

https://gopsusports.com/news/2019/7...tes-named-big-ten-distinguished-scholars.aspx

Three other wrestlers were listed as having between a 3.7 and 4.0 GPA.

Brian Friery - Political Science
Dom Giannangelli - Mechanical Engineering
Devin Schnupp - Turf Grass Science

Very impressive as well.

Article 12 – Drawing of Lots

Participants shall be paired off for each round according to the numerical order determined by the drawing of lots made the day before the competition day of the concerned weight category, at the latest. The drawing of lots must be open to the medias. The UWW competition management system shall be used for the draw and management of all international competitions entered in the UWW calendar. If the UWW competition management system cannot be used, numbered tokens must be enclosed in an urn, a bag or any other similar object. If a different system is used, it must be clear. The team leader (or his substitute) shall draw a number for his athlete on the basis of which he shall be paired off. If the team leader (or his substitute) can’t attend the draw because of exceptional reason, he must inform the organizer. The organizer will have the responsibility to communicate it to the UWW results’ team and the number of his wrestler will be drawn by the Technical Delegate or the responsible person of the draw. The
Technical Delegate or the responsible person of the draw will ONLY pick a number for the athlete who send, in writing, this official excuse beforehand.

Reactions: Dogwelder
Article 12 – Drawing of Lots

Participants shall be paired off for each round according to the numerical order determined by the drawing of lots made the day before the competition day of the concerned weight category, at the latest. The drawing of lots must be open to the medias. The UWW competition management system shall be used for the draw and management of all international competitions entered in the UWW calendar. If the UWW competition management system cannot be used, numbered tokens must be enclosed in an urn, a bag or any other similar object. If a different system is used, it must be clear. The team leader (or his substitute) shall draw a number for his athlete on the basis of which he shall be paired off. If the team leader (or his substitute) can’t attend the draw because of exceptional reason, he must inform the organizer. The organizer will have the responsibility to communicate it to the UWW results’ team and the number of his wrestler will be drawn by the Technical Delegate or the responsible person of the draw. The
Technical Delegate or the responsible person of the draw will ONLY pick a number for the athlete who send, in writing, this official excuse beforehand.
@RoarLions1
Roar, I think you might have meant to put this in the other thread about Yasar Dogu not this thread about scholar athletes.

Reactions: hlstone
... Regardless of what they do on the mat, this is the most important ...
Hmm. That's a too-bold statement!

Nobody cares about a person's college GPA for long, as long as the person graduated, which is easy to do. But something special that a person does on the mat can be remembered and talked about into his old age and beyond! :)

1919.jpg

Nobody cares about a person's college GPA for long, as long as the person graduated, which is easy to do. But something special that a person does on the mat can be remembered and talked about into his old age and beyond! :)

1919.jpg
That's one way to be remembered.

Not how we would have handled it.

Reactions: Dogwelder

1919.jpg

How many clicks does it take you to pull up that pic?

Something tells me not many.:rolleyes:

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT