ADVERTISEMENT

🔡

Hosszu from Hungary just crushed the World Record in the women's 400 IM by more than 2 seconds. It's so, so obvious. She was almost 5 seconds ahead of 2nd place.

ALERT! ALERT! ALERT!

Just like Secretariat.

Hosszu from Hungary just crushed the World Record in the women's 400 IM by more than 2 seconds. It's so, so obvious. She was almost 5 seconds ahead of 2nd place.

ALERT! ALERT! ALERT!

The record she broke was owned by the chinese swimmer 4 years ago who swam the last 50 meters in the freestyle FASTER than ryan lochte, who was the fastest man in the event at the olympics. The swim announcers are SUPER salty over that still and bring it up constantly. But that chinese swimmer, she's back this year (I think her name is Xe) looked like a flippin' man 4 years ago (no flag throws allowed). She surely was juiced, science just hasn't caught up to what she had in her system. Samples are kept 8 years though, they'll get her eventually, just like they'll get this girl. They kept saying her husband has really got her pumped up and fueled her "improvement" and then they showed his roid rage self at the side of the pool. Coincidence!

ALERT! ALERT! ALERT!

America-trained, USC grad. Not likely, pilgrim.

Reactions: ILLINOISLION
Hosszu from Hungary just crushed the World Record in the women's 400 IM by more than 2 seconds. It's so, so obvious. She was more than 5 seconds ahead of 2nd place.

ALERT! ALERT! ALERT![/QUOT

I was thinking the same thing? The one announcer was at a loss for words and may have thought the same. We'll see ....

I thought and said the same thing to my wife. Nobody breaks a WR record by that much without help. Encouragement only goes so far.

Reactions: Mufasa2
The record she broke was owned by the chinese swimmer 4 years ago who swam the last 50 meters in the freestyle FASTER than ryan lochte, who was the fastest man in the event at the olympics. The swim announcers are SUPER salty over that still and bring it up constantly. But that chinese swimmer, she's back this year (I think her name is Xe) looked like a flippin' man 4 years ago (no flag throws allowed). She surely was juiced, science just hasn't caught up to what she had in her system. Samples are kept 8 years though, they'll get her eventually, just like they'll get this girl. They kept saying her husband has really got her pumped up and fueled her "improvement" and then they showed his roid rage self at the side of the pool. Coincidence!
I saw him, I don't think he was on roids.

Last edited:
Reactions: john4psu
Bob Beamon's leap easily exceeded the previous long jump record back in '68.

Let alone Phelps in his prime. Hosszu has always had a ton of talent

True but she's had a sudden very large jump in improvement. I don't know if she is or isn't doping....but I have to admit I thought the same thing when they showed in the race how far ahead of the world record she was. Time will tell.

True but she's had a sudden very large jump in improvement. I don't know if she is or isn't doping....but I have to admit I thought the same thing when they showed in the race how far ahead of the world record she was. Time will tell.
Just my opinion, but steroids could be a factor here.

Housszu has been a very successful swimmer for a while now, but at age 27, she's had a big step up in her performance, and that's unusual. And also unusual to break a world record by that much and win an Olympics final by 5 seconds.

There's been talk in the swimming world as this piece from last year indicates.
https://www.swimmingworldmagazine.com/news/are-katinka-hosszus-performances-being-aided/

Are Katinka Hosszu’s Performances Being Aided?

I hope my suspicions are wrong now. It’s just that there’s a distinct smokey aroma around Katinka Hosszu’s performances these last two years. And where there’s smoke… Hell, finish the cliché yourself. Instead, I’ll share this indelicate comment made by a close friend when I first told him I was thinking of addressing this. Said he: “Being surprised that Hosszu might be doping is like going to a strip club and being surprised that the strippers have fake tits!” Apologies if that offends anyone’s delicate sensibilities. Sometimes the best similes are the crude ones.

Her spirit, she says, was shattered by the swimmer who won that 400 IM in London. 16-year-old Ye Shiwen of China, who blistered through the final 100 meters in a split so fast (58.68) that it seemed impossible for a woman – that is, without the help of performance enhancement. There was outraged talk that Ye had to be doped, some of it bordering on the xenophobic. True or not, most believed it. Did Hosszu? That’s only for her to say.

Yet, here’s one thing that we’ve learned in producing a documentary that centers around doping and the dark clouds that circle it. There is one prerequisite for athletes who dope: They must convince themselves that their competition is doing it. That is the only thing that can validate crossing this line.

In 2012, Katinka Hosszu’s spirit was crushed by a performance achieved through dubious means. Ever since, she has been the one standing atop every podium.

Just my opinion, but steroids could be a factor here.

Housszu has been a very successful swimmer for a while now, but at age 27, she's had a big step up in her performance, and that's unusual. And also unusual to break a world record by that much and win an Olympics final by 5 seconds.

There's been talk in the swimming world as this piece from last year indicates.
https://www.swimmingworldmagazine.com/news/are-katinka-hosszus-performances-being-aided/

Are Katinka Hosszu’s Performances Being Aided?

I hope my suspicions are wrong now. It’s just that there’s a distinct smokey aroma around Katinka Hosszu’s performances these last two years. And where there’s smoke… Hell, finish the cliché yourself. Instead, I’ll share this indelicate comment made by a close friend when I first told him I was thinking of addressing this. Said he: “Being surprised that Hosszu might be doping is like going to a strip club and being surprised that the strippers have fake tits!” Apologies if that offends anyone’s delicate sensibilities. Sometimes the best similes are the crude ones.

Her spirit, she says, was shattered by the swimmer who won that 400 IM in London. 16-year-old Ye Shiwen of China, who blistered through the final 100 meters in a split so fast (58.68) that it seemed impossible for a woman – that is, without the help of performance enhancement. There was outraged talk that Ye had to be doped, some of it bordering on the xenophobic. True or not, most believed it. Did Hosszu? That’s only for her to say.

Yet, here’s one thing that we’ve learned in producing a documentary that centers around doping and the dark clouds that circle it. There is one prerequisite for athletes who dope: They must convince themselves that their competition is doing it. That is the only thing that can validate crossing this line.

In 2012, Katinka Hosszu’s spirit was crushed by a performance achieved through dubious means. Ever since, she has been the one standing atop every podium.

I admit I don't follow the swimming very closely outside of the Olympics, but it's interesting that this has been a swirling suspicion for some time.

That's funny I noticed the exact same thing. She looked to the side and she had the jaw definition of a dude. Very obvious.

Gotta admit. I could care less who takes what drug at the Olympics. With the 450 thousand condoms that were handed out I would have assumed an entirely different regimen of performance enhancing drugs.

I thought and said the same thing to my wife. Nobody breaks a WR record by that much without help. Encouragement only goes so far.

Records are broken in swimming all the time. In fact, there were several WRs broke in the HEATS yesterday. It's not not track and field. Swimming is a very immature sport when it comes to established records.

Reactions: Art
Big Red didn't need juice - he had the biggest natural engine. His heart was massive.

http://www.si.com/horse-racing/2015/01/02/pure-heart-william-nack-secretariat

Here he is on his last race coming for home like a steam engine blowing smoke

Exactly. Now the bozos are accusing the 2nd greatest horse ever of being juiced. That's a total trump. Secretariat averaged a twelve clip around the track that day, an amazing feat for a mile and a half race, confirming the greatness of the horse.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT