ADVERTISEMENT

“Oh he’s got the chin”...

A few months ago there was a thread about how funky Nolf was and did he remind you of anyone. I commented that Rico Chipperelli was very funky.
I watched the replay of Bo's match, on the Off the Mat ESPN stream. Jim Gibbons was describing Bo's move and called it the Rico Roll. I did laugh to myself, because the one time I saw Rico wrestle in person for Blair Academy that was the move he hit to pin his opponent.
I highly recommend watching the Off the Mat stream of the match. They had numerous cameras on both families and coaches as it was being wrestled. Shocking to me Martin's father filmed the whole match on his phone. I assume that will be one of the first things to delete when he max's out his storage.

Reactions: Ski
A few months ago there was a thread about how funky Nolf was and did he remind you of anyone. I commented that Rico Chipperelli was very funky.
I watched the replay of Bo's match, on the Off the Mat ESPN stream. Jim Gibbons was describing Bo's move and called it the Rico Roll. I did laugh to myself, because the one time I saw Rico wrestle in person for Blair Academy that was the move he hit to pin his opponent.
I highly recommend watching the Off the Mat stream of the match. They had numerous cameras on both families and coaches as it was being wrestled. Shocking to me Martin's father filmed the whole match on his phone. I assume that will be one of the first things to delete when he max's out his storage.

Can you link to the Off The Mat stream?

Reactions: D3wrestler
The phone thing struck me as odd as well. You can set your DVR and get way better video than crappy cell phone video. I would have been watching the match if my kid is wrestling for a national championship and I know I can watch video when I get home.

Maybe - and I have tried to record my kid’s events at times and regretted it because you don’t get to watch. But those cool bouncy post match delirium shots are awesome too so I am glad someone records on the phone!

If I was a seat neighbor or friend, I would always offer to record for the parent so they can focus.

Everyone should give that a watch. Its almost like watching a new match because of the other cameras and commentary.

Also, we know clicks drive future content. If they get a great response to that link, hopefully ESPN does it again in the future and maybe do it like a flo zone type thing where float around the mats during all the sessions.

PS- it actually made jim gibbons tolerable for me because he had other good commentators to feed off of and give him a break so he didnt have to carry the broadcast.

...pretty sure is was AND he's got the chin. Thought that was the best part of the call because then he says Nickal is so dangerous from that position and Nickal has the fall before he gets it out.

PS- it actually made jim gibbons tolerable for me because he had other good commentators to feed off of and give him a break so he didnt have to carry the broadcast.

Good point about Gibbons. He's actually not that bad, but he needs help (more than just Tim Johnson can provide on the BTN broadcasts). Otherwise Gibbons tends to ramble on and on without saying much of anything.

...pretty sure is was AND he's got the chin. Thought that was the best part of the call because then he says Nickal is so dangerous from that position and Nickal has the fall before he gets it out.

Not that it much matters, but it sure sounds like "oh" (not "and"). There is a separate thread that has the video/audio replay.

Reactions: kjb32812
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT